Investments in Reliance Jio (Obviously for Customer data)

Will you be Still using Jio, If Facebook buys Stake in Jio?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is interesting,
At my home in Delhi, jio is the only network that works very well, Infact every nook and corner is well covered.
I have tried each every network many times over the years.. Tata was the best then rcom and after their departure even jio was bad but in last 6 months they have improved their voice coverage..
Never paid attention to data speeds though as i have a decent braid and connection with wifi at home.

But privacy is a big issue for me as well.. I am stuck with jio for their extremely good coverage in my area..

Kindly advise how I can protect my privacy to the best from my operator as well as individual apps too

convince your govt to bring in privacy protection laws.

Privacy is the buzz word nobody knows what it means but - privacy. Then others join in like sheeps, privacy privacy privacy privacy privacy LOL

So what is this privacy issue here? Its funny nobody even asked this question.

xiDqIL3.jpg

This is concerning, it looks like there's one big hundi of biryani for 4-5 families and 20-25 families come forward to have it.

Has anyone seen such tiny investment in a telecom company earlier?

Last edited:
Mukesh Ambani Hits Zero Net-Debt Goal In "Amazing Lockdown Achievement"

https://www.ndtv.com/business/mukesh-ambani-hits-zero-net-debt-with-15-billion-reliance-jio-flows-reliance-industries-debt-free-2248779

Reliance Industries Ltd., India's most valuable company, said it has become free of net debt months ahead of its March 2021 target after raising over $23 billion from stake sales and a rights issue.

The conglomerate controlled by billionaire Mukesh Ambani, Asia's richest man, said in a statement Friday that it secured Rs 1.16 lakh crore ($15.2 billion) by bringing investors including Facebook Inc. and a slew of funds into its digital business, raised Rs 53,120 crore selling shares to existing investors and also sold a stake in its energy business to BP Plc.

Post automatically merged:

Reliance Jio has raised INR 1.50 Lakh Cr since April 22

Paisa Vasool :cigar:

"Google and Jio are partnering to build just such a smartphone Operating System right here in India,"

More low end mobile phones i guess. I wonder if it will be Jio OS or just same Android One OS with Google+FB analytics pre-installed.

Jio - Happy because their debt has reduced.

Facebook - Access to Jio users data, Barge in to Financial systems like UPI and control what users should do.

- Net Neutrality issues are possible on Jio Infrastructure, because ultimately, Think you are Facebook what you would do .. Impose everyone to use your Services & that will bound to happen!

After trying Facebook basics & failing, they are back again. Remember guys, this is No joke!

There is nothing appreciable for users, Except a WIN-WIN for both companies.

Are you implying if you have ₹1000 worth of share in a company then you can barge and get anything from that company worth ₹1000? You clearly have no idea about a company or Company Law.

$870 Million for ONLY 1.34% stake??? HOLY SH--
Just how much user data does Jio has/will generate more. That's insane.
I don't know about you guys but I can only imagine things to get worse in time. Unless we have a govt with better understanding of digital privacy and (consequences of) it's misuse. If all these investments only lead to more profits for Jio via its products and services and somehow improves it's features (aka FREE DATA!) and its userbase further increases I strongly believe that other network operators will also bend the knee to similar investments and we know that the only region which can give competition to 'merica is China. This includes financial investments.

Last edited:
They're right now in the process of selling all PSUs to ambani/adani/etc gang, this is the only way out for them coz they're cash strapped in spite of raising taxes to insane levels, especially during these hard times. I recently heard reliance is tying up with BP (british not bharat) and will be rebranding their crappy petrol pumps soon. Not just privacy, we're gonna lose everything soon...

They're right now in the process of selling all PSUs to ambani/adani/etc gang, this is the only way out for them coz they're cash strapped in spite of raising taxes to insane levels, especially during these hard times. I recently heard reliance is tying up with BP (british not bharat) and will be rebranding their crappy petrol pumps soon. Not just privacy, we're gonna lose everything soon...
Reliance is not trying, it has already partnered with BP and sold 49% stake in Petrol Retail Business.

Reliance is not trying, it has already partnered with BP and sold 49% stake in Petrol Retail Business.
theyre selling other Oil psu too I heard. selling off loss making PSUs makes sense. but why sell Oil PSUs which makes thousands of crores of profit each year (due to high petrol taxes) and the demand for oil isnt expected to taper off well until 2040 at least

They're selling off everything, profitable or otherwise so their 'friends' can have a slice of the pie. there's only so much fraud and graft a private entity can do with a govt. psu. Not so when it's 'privatised' and majority share owned by them. at leas this is the obvious answer to me. anyone who knows otherwise please enlighten us why the garage sale is happening.

They are selliing oil companies now so that they can make enough profit before electric cars become mainstream and eat into the profits in future. Plus selling off a company when it's making profits vs when it's making loss will bring the seller and shareholders more money. Most of the shares are held by LIC or other govt entities.

If they sold off air india years back when other foreign or Indian companies had money and interested in buying it they would have made ton of money. Now? Nothing. The govt is left with a useless elephant that just costs more and more each day. No one will buy it due to the amount of losses and huge number of employees it has.

They're trying to offload it onto tata who ironically they (albeit a different govt.) stole it from in the first place

They are selliing oil companies now so that they can make enough profit before electric cars become mainstream and eat into the profits in future. Plus selling off a company when it's making profits vs when it's making loss will bring the seller and shareholders more money. Most of the shares are held by LIC or other govt entities.

If they sold off air india years back when other foreign or Indian companies had money and interested in buying it they would have made ton of money. Now? Nothing. The govt is left with a useless elephant that just costs more and more each day. No one will buy it due to the amount of losses and huge number of employees it has.
EV cars make up 1% of global car sales. Our current world and future world (atleast till 2050) will be dependent on oil. Even if massive electrification of vehicles take place (due to breakthrough in battery tech/ or increased nickle mining), our consumption of oil will only peak out in 2030-2040 (according to various think tanks)

simply put, oil demand of the world will be there for next 20~30 years. why sell off massive profit making psu now is what im wondering

Back