iOS IOS Developer account

Guys can I upgrade my iPad to iOS 7?

You need to provide more information. Like what iPad you have ?
If it is iPad 2 or greater then yes you will be able to update it to iOS 7 when it launches. As of now only way is through UDID slot thing or having developer account.
Also it is in Beta now so expect lots of bugs.

You need to provide more information. Like what iPad you have ?
If it is iPad 2 or greater then yes you will be able to update it to iOS 7 when it launches. As of now only way is through UDID slot thing or having developer account.
Also it is in Beta now so expect lots of bugs.

Its ipad 3 the 1 with retina display.. better will wait for JB & official ios 7.. as it is i have a lot of applications which can only work if it JB... so dont want to mess with it.. :D

People who want to update to iOS 7 does not have to register their UDID or have apple developers account, you can update your phone very easily.

Just follow these steps -

1. Restore your iPhone to latest version (iOS 6.1.3 for 4 and 4S, 6.1.4 for 5) and set your phone as a new phone.
2. Download iOS 7 IPSW file.
3. Close iTunes and unplug your iPhone from your system and wait for 2 mins.
4. Plug back your iPhone and then open iTunes.
5.Press shift + check for updates on iTunes.
6.Select iOS 7 beta file from the folder and click on update.

NOTE - YOU MAY HAVE TO FORMAT YOUR PHONE TWICE OR THRICE TO GET iOS 7 (As it may give you unknown error while updating to iOS 7)

Installed iOS 7 on iPhone 4S and 5 using these methods.

Let me know if you face any problem

It is good to hear that the look of iOS 7 might change as it progresses into later Betas and GM release. I personally hate the new look. I know i might be in minority.

I also hate the look.
It looks childish and I hate the moving wallpaper thing.
Their is no way to switch it off.
Those tilt and panning effects.

Another thing I hate is font coloring mismatch

I am so desperate to upgrade but will wait till beta 2. Also what place is selling the dev accounts. Will have mine registered.

I seriously hope that iOS 7 is jailbroken so some developer can design a theme in cydia to make everything look like iOS 5/6. Pretty sure there will be many takers.
Functionality of iOS 7 combined with look of iOS 5 would be something I want.

It seems the icons and the rainbow feminine colors are getting criticism left right and center.

As far as I know ,
Jailbreak exploits are their in reserve.
So iOS 7 jailbreak won't take long.

I agree with you.
Look is far more important than rainbow icons designed by marketing team of apple.
Most probably these icons will be modified during beta and hopefully the gold master build will have more traditional icons based on all criticism.

I will happily pay for that theme.

As far as I know ,
Jailbreak exploits are their in reserve.
So iOS 7 jailbreak won't take long.

I agree with you.
Look is far more important than rainbow icons designed by marketing team of apple.
Most probably these icons will be modified during beta and hopefully the gold master build will have more traditional icons based on all criticism.

I will happily pay for that theme.

Yes the jailbreak team said they have exploits but the thing which makes me skeptical is that due to overhaul the underlying code would also have changed a lot and that would have probably removed those exploits completely. But i am banking on the hope that more exploits are introduced in this new version.
And yes i would pay for a theme which will make the iOS 7 device look like iOS 5.
In fact the look was one thing which led me to buy an iOS device in the first place. But i also appreciate the functionality it offers for MY needs.

Btw people who are beta testing the iOS 7 here, do update features you see which have not been mentioned in the keynote. I am sure there will be many there.

WARNING-
iPhone 5 beta 1 will expire on June 24th 12 am GMT. Those who have not registered UDID with a dev. account must restore back to 6.1.4 else they wille end up bricking their devices with restore screen. Those who has UDID registered will be prompted with beta 2 update. I have my own dev. account for my business app that is under development. Just wanted to inform all fellow members of this community. Do not update to beta 1 without registering your UDID from a reliable source. If you get your UDID registered from an unknown source they can disable your slot to make their money anytime. Dont trust people on Ebay or websites selling UDID.

Back