iOS Ipad Mtnl compatibility issue

naru80

Disciple
Device: ipad 2 wifi
ISP: Mtnl Delhi
Speed: 2mbps
Router: d-link 2750u

I can't download any app. the error i get is "app can't be downloaded At this time".

Using safari, a lot of sites don't open with a server not responding error. Some sites that do open don't display images.

Maps also don't load.

Though strangely, YouTube videos play fine.

And these are just the things I've checked so far...

Why is this happening? Any ideas? Everything works fine when I use mobile tethering on an Airtel connection.

Asking Mtnl is useless. Their linesman comes and sees google home page and says sab theek to chal raha hai.

Please help me? Is there any network setting that I need to change?

on my pc with the same connection, I get around 200 Kbps speed on utorrent. Why is this problem with the ipad?

Did you tried connecting to your neighbour wifi and verify what exactly could be the problem ? Make sure you have set correct channels it has issues with MTNL

Did you tried connecting to your neighbour wifi and verify what exactly could be the problem ? Make sure you have set correct channels it has issues with MTNL
It seems to be working fine on an Airtel connection.

I have no idea about channels. Can you please elaborate?

I have exactly the same setup. And I faced exactly the same problem.

The workaround for this is to use a different DNS than the one MTNL provides.

On your mobile device or PC, navigate to network settings, then navigate to DNS settings. In the DNS field fill out your preferred Open DNS/Google DNS/Free DNS address and you'll be set. Don't mess with the router or default MTNL settings.

I have exactly the same setup. And I faced exactly the same problem.

The workaround for this is to use a different DNS than the one MTNL provides.

On your mobile device or PC, navigate to network settings, then navigate to DNS settings. In the DNS field fill out your preferred Open DNS/Google DNS/Free DNS address and you'll be set. Don't mess with the router or default MTNL settings.

Where is the network setting option in ipad? Or do I change in PC and it'll work on ipad too? Also can u share the address that worked for you?

Many thanks

Edit: found it. And it worked!!!! Can't thank you enough!

Keep the primary DNS as 8.8.8.8 and secondary as 8.8.4.4

I would not bothering using the 4.2.2.2 as its slower than Google DNS - I did a ping test :p

Pinging 4.2.2.2 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 4.2.2.2: bytes=32 time=138ms TTL=54
Reply from 4.2.2.2: bytes=32 time=134ms TTL=54
Reply from 4.2.2.2: bytes=32 time=136ms TTL=54
Reply from 4.2.2.2: bytes=32 time=132ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 4.2.2.2:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 132ms, Maximum = 138ms, Average = 135ms

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=101ms TTL=46
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=99ms TTL=46
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=101ms TTL=46
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=102ms TTL=46

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 99ms, Maximum = 102ms, Average = 100ms

Those few milliseconds, they make all the difference :p

After a relatively trouble free month, I'm facing problems again.
Please, please help guys.
Most of the time the Internet just crawls on my ipad even though its working absolutely fine on my windows based pc and laptop. Sometime the net works on the ipad if I manually change proxies. By why do I have to do that on an ipad and not on a pc?
Is there any other setting that I need to change? Please help, I'm almost about to throw away the ipad in frustration.
The mtnl guy gave me some settings for the default gateway and IP address, but how do I access that in an ipad? Only the DNS field can be modified on the ipad.
Help please!

Back