Ipad or Samsung Tab

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
Jan 30, 2010
Praha, Czechia
thebanik said:
Your trouser pocket has a 5inch mouth??? and its 7.5inch deep??? hard to believe....dunno how many others have that big pockets in their trousers atleast I dont.

And how many Men have you seen carrying a pouch or a handbag???

Dude,my days of skinny pants are over and yes my pockets are deeper these days;)

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005
avi said:
No FUD please. I have Nook Color and daily I spend 5-6 hours reading novels on it. Only few get eye strain and not all.
A few people like you might not get eye stain after 6 hours of continuous reading on an LCD, but most (including myself) will after just 1~2 hours and to add, a single stretch of reading session for me often lasts more than 6 hours. Secondly, neither you nor me alone is a benchmark of a typical human to decide how long one can read on an LCD. My observation was also based on research/surveys done by my former employer which is a Publishing/Digital Publishing company whose software is deployed by many of the top publishers whose publications you may be reading.

Also as banik mentioned, when you are making a suggestion, its better to suggest a safe option than a risky one. You may not have any problem reading 6 hours straight on a LCD, but can you guarantee the same for the OP?

vantheman5211

Creator of fu*ktron
Skilled
Apr 29, 2010
Got the iPad 1 today from istore.the browsing is just awesome and this is definitely a gadget worth owning.also asked the store dealer about the iPad 2 he said that it will be launched here in 3 months.

techpal

Skilled
May 2, 2007
Congrats . Im too loving it its just awesome and applications are simply superb.

U didnt order from letsbuy?

Im looking for good case for it but cant find any which can be VFM.

vantheman5211

Creator of fu*ktron
Skilled
Apr 29, 2010
^^^ i am with a ditto problem.i just cant find a good case.there are a few good ones on ebay but dont know how they measure in reality coz we can only make something from the pics.i didnt buy from lets buy as i felt it will be safer to buy from a istore.

techpal

Skilled
May 2, 2007
Exactly. thts why didnt order till now . At fommy.co.in there are pretty expensive cases. Case is must as i dont want scratches on this awesome gadget:)

avi

Skilled
Nov 23, 2010
@lord - I wasn't suggesting him thinking it wouldn't cause eye strain. I also mentioned it won't cause to all.

Thats why I mentioned, for ebooks - Nook or Kindle !

Channu

Adept
Mar 11, 2007
I enjoyed my iPad a lot while i was posted in Bahrain. Having a such big screened device which is 'nearly' portable is a great thing although carrying it always is a pita :p
but no amount of playing around with any phone can give the satisfaction that it provides.

I'm now back in India and here don't have much use of it so can sell it off if someone is willing to buy. Lemme know if anyone is interested, I might create a FS thread soon btw its a 64GB 3G and in warranty.

mhkadiwal

Disciple
Jul 4, 2010
Okay Friends!
Taken the plunge.
Ordered an Ipad today from letsbuy. HAPPY HOLI TO YOU ALL!!!
Damages = 22050/-
This is my first apple product.
I will post my experiences of it in future.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

gamingstill

Game Developer
Adept
Oct 25, 2008
Delhi
vantheman5211 said:
Got the iPad 1 today from istore.the browsing is just awesome and this is definitely a gadget worth owning.also asked the store dealer about the iPad 2 he said that it will be launched here in 3 months.
congrats..Enjoy the iPad.
The best thing about iPad is large library n quality of apps.

sudhanshu123

Adept
Mar 17, 2011
New Delhi
Everyone recommending an ipad over a galaxy tab have not done their bit of research.You should surely get the samsung galaxy tab and i will provide compelling reasons for that.First off see this table here -http://www.pcworld.com/zoom?id=204779&page=1&zoomIdx=1 for a head-to-head comparison of the hardware in these two devices.seeing this table makes two things clear-that the ipad loses to samsung galaxy tab in hardware because it has half the ammount of Ram compared to the galaxy tab and no multitasking support,and the other is that sadly the ipad doesn't have any cameras so you can kiss video-calling goodbye.If this was not enough the Galaxy Tab's Android 2.2 operating system gives the device a number of selling points Apple's iPad can't claim, including full-featured multitasking, support for Adobe Flash, and unrestricted access to applications (Apple is notorious for censoring all sorts of material -- ranging from political satire to swimsuit-clad women -- and also for banning apps that provide functions such as free tethering and customization of the operating system).with ipad you are getting bluetooth 2.0 but galaxy tab comes with the new version 3.0.I know my point of view may be a little biased and i may have shown only all of ipads weaknessess,but there isn't much where the galaxy tab loses to the ipad.unless you can get your hands on the ipad 2 ,it is a hands-down win of the galaxy tab for me.(Now i know that the ammount of Ram is not that big a factor but it is something nonetheless and has a huge impact on applications.)

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
Jan 30, 2010
Praha, Czechia
^^Ipad has a much better screen,better battery and most importantly(though not for me)loads of optimized apps.It is probably the only Apple product that does not cost a bomb..and I don`t really understand what you meant by censoring.If someone make some sort of pRon app and try to put it up on appstore,apple has every right to censor it.Have you tried to make a video call from tab?The only decent video calling app available atm is Clearsky which is not free.

The only thing I did not like in ipad was the size,it was almost impossible to hold with one hand.That was the only reason I sold the ipad and bought the tab.

stavan_d

Disciple
Sep 8, 2009
i see no end to this discussion... there will always be fanboys from google and apple undermining each other....