User Review iPad pro vs Galaxy Tab S7. Android TABLET or iPad only??

I have the Galaxy Tab S5e and mainly purchased it for the QHD OLED screen and Quad AKG tuned speakers. That is probably what I am looking for in a tablet as I just about need enough processing to get things like reading and basic stuff done, although DeX comes in rather handy as a low power desktop when I am only interested in browsing.

It is also probably the reason that Samsung did not create a follow-up because higher end tablets are generally not a great value proposition since they don't do a lot more than cheaper tablets and the processing power is not something you would utilise for intensive editing or gaming.

I am only disappointed that Samsung only releases security updates once in 4-6 months and a new version update takes up more than half a year. Custom ROMs rather kill the device by significantly hampering the audio and stability of the device.

In that sense, the iPad gets a lot more attention from Apple and the refined app ecosystem is much better than some of the stretched phone apps on the Android tablet. It irritates me to no end that a lot of apps come with an "unoptimized for this device" warning and still others that can't detect the orientation of the device due to its resolution. Poor developer implementation is probably another area where Android struggles significantly compared to the strict iOS guidelines.

Nothing beats iPad in tablet segment. I have purchased the iPad 8th gen @28k for Kid's online classes after comparing with various laptops (front camera sucks!!), chromebook & android tablets. Awesome front camera, good processing prowess & Tablet optimized apps (Meet & other education related).. I am sure this will update for atleast 4 to 5 years which will be never matched by Android..

5Again productivity and 8.2 inch don't go hand in ✋
I agree. I have iPad 8th gen with 10.2 screen and use that in lieu of laptop for 70% of cases as it is good 4:3 screen. I actually don't like the long tablets and they are best only for media consumption (for me, not generalizing).
I am actually looking forward to buying the iPad Mini 6 because of it being having wider and videos will look great on it and my main use will be videos only.

But that is only if work from office starts regularly and I have to go back in company bus.
Nothing beats iPad in tablet segment. I have purchased the iPad 8th gen @28k for Kid's online classes after comparing with various laptops (front camera sucks!!), chromebook & android tablets. Awesome front camera, good processing prowess & Tablet optimized apps (Meet & other education related).. I am sure this will update for atleast 4 to 5 years which will be never matched by Android..

More if you really want to stretch. I have 2012 bought iPad 2 still kept on wall (on pelmet) as clock. I can actually use it for netflix and all but its home button is gone sort of bad and needs hard press and such and hence don't use it as such.

Last edited:
I don't understand how people manage to do everything on an iPad. The file system of iOS is so freaking complicated.
Though I use an ipad pro everyday, there is always a fear that I won't be able to locate an important pdf or other documents.
Always have this file location problem in iOS. Even when there was no file app and had to jailbreak to install ifile (or something like that)
I'm technically challenged for sure, but can understand Android file system much more clearly.

I don't understand how people manage to do everything on an iPad. The file system of iOS is so freaking complicated.
Though I use an ipad pro everyday, there is always a fear that I won't be able to locate an important pdf or other documents.
Always have this file location problem in iOS. Even when there was no file app and had to jailbreak to install ifile (or something like that)
I'm technically challenged for sure, but can understand Android file system much more clearly.
That's exactly my issue too.
File manager is terribly compromising

For power users, it may not be best option but for casual users like me, file manager is ok. I just have folders for different things and I put files there and retrieve when I want to use. I don't do any full fledged PC like operations on iPad anyways.

Can you explain how this app is more useful? Genuinely asking since I have it but don't quite understand how to properly use it.
So I use the app in 2 ways :-
1. Managing Local Storage: Add the "Documents" option to the share menu for your iPhone/iPad. This will give you the ability to "share," and hence save, anything to the app. Once that is done, you can add or put it in the subfolders of the app as you desire, just like any other hierarchical storage based system. Similarly, you can save many files you are working on in various apps directly to the app. One caveat here is that sometimes when you use the "share" button to save stuff to the app, it will automatically save it to the root of all storage, and then you will have to manually move them to your desired folders. But that's something I have personally found not to be too harrowing so far.

Similarly for sharing files/folders, you can do that right from the app itself, since everything is already there. Moreover, while uploading anything, newer iPadOS releases allow you to select the "Documents" folder which shows up in the sidebar along with the Files storage app, for eg when uploading attachments in Gmail/Mail app.

2. Using Cloud Storage: This is the best part for me, since I use my iPad primarily to annotate PDFs and transfer other files to and fro, along with occasional GarageBand usage. You can add accounts for cloud storage (and network storage as well) so that they are easily accessible from within the app, and "Star" specific folders so that they are always in the sidebar available conveniently. This is particularly useful for me since I can downlaod PDFs, annotate it and once that is done, it automatically updates the respective file on my Drive, which can then be accessed from my laptop or anywhere else.

Basically, you use the app as a proxy for "Files" and having multiple cloud storage apps installed, and I find it to be much more flexible and feature-rich. Hope this helps :)

Well i have as many as three tablets at home
One samsung, one lenovo and the 8th gen ipad.

I pad rocks, no non sense device, os always buttery smooth and all the apps be it MS teams, google meet, zoom etc. All work fine., great call quality and camera.

For me writing experience is top notch on the ipad,

Sheer smoothness of the OS and writing experience for me , gives my vote to ipad.

So I use the app in 2 ways :-
1. Managing Local Storage: Add the "Documents" option to the share menu for your iPhone/iPad. This will give you the ability to "share," and hence save, anything to the app. Once that is done, you can add or put it in the subfolders of the app as you desire, just like any other hierarchical storage based system. Similarly, you can save many files you are working on in various apps directly to the app. One caveat here is that sometimes when you use the "share" button to save stuff to the app, it will automatically save it to the root of all storage, and then you will have to manually move them to your desired folders. But that's something I have personally found not to be too harrowing so far.

Similarly for sharing files/folders, you can do that right from the app itself, since everything is already there. Moreover, while uploading anything, newer iPadOS releases allow you to select the "Documents" folder which shows up in the sidebar along with the Files storage app, for eg when uploading attachments in Gmail/Mail app.

2. Using Cloud Storage: This is the best part for me, since I use my iPad primarily to annotate PDFs and transfer other files to and fro, along with occasional GarageBand usage. You can add accounts for cloud storage (and network storage as well) so that they are easily accessible from within the app, and "Star" specific folders so that they are always in the sidebar available conveniently. This is particularly useful for me since I can downlaod PDFs, annotate it and once that is done, it automatically updates the respective file on my Drive, which can then be accessed from my laptop or anywhere else.

Basically, you use the app as a proxy for "Files" and having multiple cloud storage apps installed, and I find it to be much more flexible and feature-rich. Hope this helps :)
I have been using Documents for a long time since my first iOS device and it can indeed act as a good interface between various apps. However, I shifted to using OneDrive since getting the 365 subscription as it also makes it easier to access the files on my Windows desktop and vice-versa.

For power users, it may not be best option but for casual users like me, file manager is ok. I just have folders for different things and I put files there and retrieve when I want to use. I don't do any full fledged PC like operations on iPad anyways.
There is an easier way still.
Add iCloud on your PC (or sign in on a Mac)

let your pc desktop/documents folder be in sync with iCloud.
you will have the same set of documents available on both. With the same folder/subfolder structure.

and if the total size of documents is less than 5gb then you don’t even have to pay for it.

As for the original question - Unlike phones, where there are plenty of good android choices along the entire price spectrum that are excellent alternatives to a similarly priced iphone.
Unfortunately for tabs, it becomes really difficult to justify any android tab (except in the sub 17-18K price range) .. and the blame is squarely on android OEMs

Last edited:
I have been using Documents for a long time since my first iOS device and it can indeed act as a good interface between various apps. However, I shifted to using OneDrive since getting the 365 subscription as it also makes it easier to access the files on my Windows desktop and vice-versa.
Oh that is interesting, didn't know I could do that. I still prefer Documents instead of Drive (as I have unlimited Drive storage thanks to enterprise account :p) because the Drive app is just a bit too laggy on my Air 2, and I just use Chrome Remote Desktop if I'm feeling ultra lazy lol

The first part of the title of the video is not worded properly and could have been removed in my opinion but apart from that this is an educational comparision of the iPad Pro Vs. S7. Appreciate the effort.

lovely video and comparo mate. I myself am pretty confused about what to buy, being a note user I want to buy the S7 plus wifi (61k) as it has the AMOLED screen, but the 2021 M1 Ipad pro is also available for 69k, but will need to buy a separate pencil. I also do own a Tab S6 Lite LTE, great VFM tab but I hate its LCD screen, after using the Note 10 plus the screen just doesn't cut it. Have handed over this to my daughter for her online classes. The only reason i won't buy the Tab S7 or Tab S7 FE is the AMOLED screen. Also since I don't own any iOS device owning an iPad pro really doesn't make sense though I really love its build quality.

lovely video and comparo mate. I myself am pretty confused about what to buy, being a note user I want to buy the S7 plus wifi (61k) as it has the AMOLED screen, but the 2021 M1 Ipad pro is also available for 69k, but will need to buy a separate pencil. I also do own a Tab S6 Lite LTE, great VFM tab but I hate its LCD screen, after using the Note 10 plus the screen just doesn't cut it. Have handed over this to my daughter for her online classes. The only reason i won't buy the Tab S7 or Tab S7 FE is the AMOLED screen. Also since I don't own any iOS device owning an iPad pro really doesn't make sense though I really love its build quality.
There is a major difference in LCD of Tab S7 bro.
It's unlike S6 lite.
Its very much vivid like a Amoled except for Black bars in movies

Back