User Review iPad pro vs Galaxy Tab S7. Android TABLET or iPad only??

Hence i was more happy with Tab S7 than the M1 ipad pro

I absolutely don't blame you even though I love using ipad daily. I am typing this on my 8th gen.
It is just that for my use case, iPad fits the bill due to familiarity with the OS, several other iOS devices so tight integration.

I do have android tablets that serve their specific purpose. I personally feel Samsung may be only brand which can deliver great tablets in android world and are not dishing out half baked products.

Isnt the new MI Pad 5 or the new tab's from Huawei equally good if you can get your hands on them?

They have the latest processor's (865/870) with 6/8gb of RAM's ,good display's ,Dolby atmos audio with 4 stereo speakers.

The OS implementation might not be to everyone's liking but they definitely do not feel half baked.

The OS implementation might not be to everyone's liking but they definitely do not feel half baked.
Been a user of Mipad 1 so I will take their software experience with a grain of salt. Sure they would have improved from previous generation, but not much.
People tend to foget that both hardware and software are needed to have a lasting experience. Having 40-50gbs or ram and top end SoC won't do wonders if software is not optimised to utilise it.
Also, it's a known fact that Miui performance deteriorates with updates.
If budget is not an issue and want a genuine productive tab, Apple's the way to go. Else for Androids, no point spending more than 15k, albeit for Samsung.

Been a user of Mipad 1 so I will take their software experience with a grain of salt. Sure they would have improved from previous generation, but not much.
People tend to foget that both hardware and software are needed to have a lasting experience. Having 40-50gbs or ram and top end SoC won't do wonders if software is not optimised to utilise it.
Also, it's a known fact that Miui performance deteriorates with updates.
If budget is not an issue and want a genuine productive tab, Apple's the way to go. Else for Androids, no point spending more than 15k, albeit for Samsung.
Let's not make an opinion from using a single low end device from 6 years back

As i said the OS implementation might not be to everyone's liking. Also for a budget of 15k , there i no good android tab that is going to impress a heavy user.Hell ,there are none to impress even a casual user today.

android tablets exist for the same reason that a Maruti Alto or a Honda splendour exists :)
a large amount of people need basic functionality with reasonable performance. for eg the samsung Tab A10 is more then enough for the avg surfer casual gamer and media consumption at 15k
which is also a lot of money for the large part of population in our country
Can you imagine if these options didnt exist what the major population would be forced to buy ?

PS Havent seen your video but am replying only to your question in the beginning of the post

If you have budget , prefer longevity of device go with iPad and currently we will be having festival sale prices decrease with smaller amount which is better than nothing.
People in India at least considering my family they prefer devices to run longer span and only because of this only matter android is not that good.

android tablets exist for the same reason that a Maruti Alto or a Honda splendour exists :)
a large amount of people need basic functionality with reasonable performance. for eg the samsung Tab A10 is more then enough for the avg surfer casual gamer and media consumption at 15k
which is also a lot of money for the large part of population in our country
Can you imagine if these options didnt exist what the major population would be forced to buy ?

PS Havent seen your video but am replying only to your question in the beginning of the post
You wouldn't have replied if you had watched the video.
Many people hav no idea that the Tab S7 are phenomenal performers and much better than iPads in many respects

Should android tablets even exist with the vast superiority of ipad apps and power?
My practical comparison

Well the way the Q is worded , my answer still holds good, maybe you could rephrase the Q for the answer you want to hear. :)
If your Q was S7 specific and should high end android tablets exist then I have a diff answer for that

Let's not make an opinion from using a single low end device from 6 years back
It is definitely not a low end device for the specs it offered at it's time. Also, I already said Miui must have made improvements given it was its first release but it still has some catching up to do with the likes of Samsung and iPad.
Also the reply was for post above mine which spoke about Mipad alone and not about high end tab like Tab S7. A reading of the whole post would have cleared your confusion.

Only ipad pro and air 4 has usb c.
That's bare minimum for so called productivity and to stay away from cloud based functions.
So we are basically looking at highest end iPads for proper productivity which the S7 does effortlessly for a lesser price with included S pen

I think this debate can go on and on about which is the ultimate device. Keeping the debate aside , all i want to say that the android tabs have come a long way that one can consider to use them as their primary device as well for both entertainment and work related .On the long term reliability, we would need to wait a couple of years more to check how Tab S6 has survived and how fast is it as according to me that was one of the first mainstream tabs that had a topnotch hardware and software combined.

Back