Budget Above 40k iPhone 13 vs Samsung galaxy s22

The fact that you have to use a pretentious, bogus, laggy and POS software like iTunes just for managing files on iOS - even in 2022 - is enough of a reason to not buy an iPhone. Not to mention the non-existent notification system and Apple's web apps that are living in dinosaurs' age.

If you're a fan of great software, choose the S22.
For great hardware, get the iPhone 13.

The fact that you have to use a pretentious, bogus, laggy and POS software like iTunes just for managing files on iOS - even in 2022 - is enough of a reason to not buy an iPhone. Not to mention the non-existent notification system and Apple's web apps that are living in dinosaurs' age.

If you're a fan of great software, choose the S22.
For great hardware, get the iPhone 13.
I have heard most people say the opposite lol , everyone says that iOS is much smoother as compared to Android like no frame drops and stuff also about the iTunes thing I'm sure I'll never be using it because of Spotify existing, also whats the notifications issue?

People tell me battery on the iP13 is better than iP12

I'm not sure why that is ?
Much bigger battery is the main reason coupled with the more efficient chip. And the people are right, ip13 has noticably higher battery life. Even the ip13 mini has battery life that is equivalent to vanilla ip12

To me if i want clutter-less phone i would get a Samsung s22. But if you are just looking for showoff and limited things to do with your phone then iphone 13 is good choice. But i won't waste my money on Apple considering how bad they have been recently with their display and speaker quality. The notch is pretty annoying after a week's usage.

I have heard most people say the opposite lol , everyone says that iOS is much smoother as compared to Android like no frame drops and stuff also about the iTunes thing I'm sure I'll never be using it because of Spotify existing, also whats the notifications issue?
iOS "feels" smoother is because of the longer animation speed.
Not to mention that the iPhone 13's display is still stuck at 60 HZ while the S22 can do 120 HZ.

If you move from Android to iOS, you'll instantly notice the slower animations on iOS. Android will feel light speed in comparison.
So, even if there are frame drops in iOS, Apple wouldn't let you notice thanks to the animations combined with the 60 HZ panel.

Also, if you're not a power user and don't care about file management on your phone much, then you can skip my iTunes rant.

Speaking about the notification system on iOS - its piss poor. You don't need me to tell you that. You can try it out for yourself, especially if you're moving from Android to iOS.

I too have an Android and iphone both. If you don't need to do anything with the phone thatvis about moving files around from phone to computer, get the iPhone. Slower animations but feels much smoother. YouTube twitter reddit etc dont keep dropping frames like in Android (flagships included) .

I spend almost all my time on my Android. That is because I do need to move photos around. And doing anything files related on my iPhone makes me cry.

Also, I feel the show off point doesn't apply these days. Every other person has an iPhone these days. Showoff probably only appliea to the pro max series that isn't so common. Vanilla ip13 series is fairly common.

Android devices are smooth enough and one can adjust the animation speed to make it even more smoother. Nova launcher allows us to change system animations too. Most iPhones are still on old 60 Hz tech that's why they are able to mask the minor stutters. An iPad pro with its 120 Hz variable refresh rate panel has micro stutters so a 120 Hz iphone should be in the same league. Mid range Android devices have refresh rates hard stops and still they manage stutters pretty well. IMO, only strong reason to buy an iPhone is its computational videos. There is no doubt that iPhone is in different league as far as videos are concerned. For casual and very high quality quick videos, nothing can beat an iPhone. If one mostly click pictures then iphone with its shit file system and lightning port should be ignored. An android user will be appalled to see no auto sorting of pictures in image gallery.

Ok so time eat my words back. Today I switched back to the iphone from a midrange android (mi 11 lite ne). The iphone xs actually feels much slower. Smoother yes, but very very slow as compared to the fast and slick android. Never drops a frame but those animations make it feel sluggish. It will take a day or two to get used to these animations again.

IMO iPhone 13 (not the pro version) does not give you pro motion while >60Hz is sort of a standard by now on all Android phones. I have a Galaxy S22 personally. The build quality is better compared to S21, and the camera is awesome. Android offers a lot of flexibility if that is something that matters to you.

My $0.02 - Go for S22 or else if you have the budget, go for iPhone 13 pro.

I currently have S22 , and IMO the batter life is really bad, so go for S22 plus, if you prefer customization and a cheaper ecosystem, cause with my watch4 and buds, it does feel like a better option, and the integration with windows laptop is good enough..

Go for iphone13 if you see yourself using other apple products, cause the watch and buds and macbook will give seamless and unmatched integration with amazing hardware.

In terms of camera , i compared the photos i took with iphone13 and felt the selfies are better in s22, and videos feels brighter, with the directors view and steady hand feature feels premium.

But iphone wins with back camera, and the multitudes of video options provided, plus night light pictures of iphone are sharper.

Overall , if you wanna immerse into an expensive apple ecosystem, then go for iphone 13, but for cheaper ecosystem, choose s22+(not s22)

Back