Budget Above 40k iPhone 13 vs Samsung galaxy s22

What is the status of call recording on iphone presently ?
There is no such functionality or app that let's you record calls on an iPhone itself. You have to use third party apps which connects the call to a three way conference call, which is a very hassling process or you have to use special earphones with micro sd card for recording calls. It is very inconvenient and not possible to carry or repeat the process for each and every call unless you are a robot. On Samsung S22, the functionality is inbuilt in to the software itself with an enable/disable option in call settings for selected or all numbers

Last edited:
One thing that I liked about the new iPhones is that they can now be tracked even when the device is powered off using a simple feature from the Find my app. But I don't think it would be practically possible to find an iPhone even with this feature incase somebody else has already grabbed your iPhone, and since we don't have 3D mapping of buildings in India(And it's not possible to ring the bell and ask). Only hope for the smartphone industry to prevent such incidents is IMEI tracking to work even when phone's are switched off. This will force the Law Enforcement to take action in all reported incidents regardless of phones being switched off or not

The fact that you have to use a pretentious, bogus, laggy and POS software like iTunes just for managing files on iOS - even in 2022 - is enough of a reason to not buy an iPhone. Not to mention the non-existent notification system and Apple's web apps that are living in dinosaurs' age.

If you're a fan of great software, choose the S22.
For great hardware, get the iPhone 13.
I came late to this party. I cannot believe that 'even in 2022' we are talking about manually copying data from phone to computer. I have been using iPhone 13 for two months and even to this day, I have not installed iTunes on my PC. Reason? Cloud storage. I have OneDrive 1TB storage that I use across all my devices. Every thing from my primary iPhone, secondary Oneplus 8, iPad and whatever work I do on my PC gets synced to same storage. I do not understand why people still cling on to dinosaur age process and points just to say that there is something bad about a phone?

I rely on office apps and I use MS 365 personal plan that I renew every year. Everything gets synced to OneDrive and I do not have to manually copy stuff from device to device. If you one is fully into Apple Ecosystem, he/she can use airdrop or iCloud storage (200GB costs 250 per month I believe).

1657849984984.png

Last edited:
I came late to this party. I cannot believe that 'even in 2022' we are talking about manually copying data from phone to computer. I have been using iPhone 13 for two months and even to this day, I have not installed iTunes on my PC. Reason? Cloud storage. I have OneDrive 1TB storage that I use across all my devices. Every thing from my primary iPhone, secondary Oneplus 8, iPad and whatever work I do on my PC gets synced to same storage. I do not understand why people still cling on to dinosaur age process and points just to say that there is something bad about a phone?

I rely on office apps and I use MS 365 personal plan that I renew every year. Everything gets synced to OneDrive and I do not have to manually copy stuff from device to device. If you one is fully into Apple Ecosystem, he/she can use airdrop or iCloud storage (200GB costs 250 per month I believe).

View attachment 139577
Ah, paying for the privilege of copying files across devices.
Don't get me wrong, I don't copy files "manually" either, I use syncthing to backup all the devices in my server + share files across devices. It's just apple refuses to provide full filesystem access to user apps, and that means no automatic user data backup with sync apps, such as syncthing. I don't expect them to change either, as this is one of the selling points for icloud.

Ah, paying for the privilege of copying files across devices.
Don't get me wrong, I don't copy files "manually" either, I use syncthing to backup all the devices in my server + share files across devices. It's just apple refuses to provide full filesystem access to user apps, and that means no automatic user data backup with sync apps, such as syncthing. I don't expect them to change either, as this is one of the selling points for icloud.
Ah, paying for the simplicity of copying files across devices. Not everyone will have free time and knowledge to setup a server or NAS at home. Even then, there are so many instances where I had to open these documents when I was outside. What services like OneDrive gives me is consistent and HA of my data. I used to have backup of backup of backup to protect my data after two drives that had the data died at same time. But now, I have single local backup and everything on cloud.

Ah, paying for the simplicity of copying files across devices. Not everyone will have free time and knowledge to setup a server or NAS at home. Even then, there are so many instances where I had to open these documents when I was outside. What services like OneDrive gives me is consistent and HA of my data. I used to have backup of backup of backup to protect my data after two drives that had the data died at same time. But now, I have single local backup and everything on cloud.
Tbh, I don't disagree with the convenience of cloud, I have onedrive family *and* gsuite business, I dislike the approach apple has taken to lock down their filesystem.

Tbh, I don't disagree with the convenience of cloud, I have onedrive family *and* gsuite business, I dislike the approach apple has taken to lock down their filesystem.
hmm. okay. It has been that way and it is their 'locked down' policy that they adhere to. I do not see any change to this approach in near future (especially given that people do this copy to PC less and less with Apple devices).

Last edited:
I do not understand why people still cling on to dinosaur age process and points just to say that there is something bad about a phone?
I am glad you mentioned cloud. A guy on twitter was saying that whatsapp is all we need to transfer photos and how nearby share and Airdrop both are a useless gimmick. Another great guy was defending the removal of a headphone jack by comparing it to a floppy drive. An even greater guy was defending lightning port and said even MAC and iPad shouldn't have a usb c which is a Android thing. We are Apple users after all. Try transferring large video files to your pc and see the benefits of a dinosaur age.
(especially given that people do this copy to PC less and less with Apple devices).
That is what you think. Apple introduced pro res videos in their iPhones to do what ? Copy to a computer and edit those videos. You cannot even record pro res on a 128 GB iPhone, it has to be 256 GB minimum. Cloud is not suitable for such huge amount of data. Almost everyone has One drive or some other cloud these days but my internet at 100 Mbps is too slow for it to match the speeds of a conventional file transfer.

I am glad you mentioned cloud. A guy on twitter was saying that whatsapp is all we need to transfer photos and how nearby share and Airdrop both are a useless gimmick. Another great guy was defending the removal of a headphone jack by comparing it to a floppy drive. An even greater guy was defending lightning port and said even MAC and iPad shouldn't have a usb c which is a Android thing. We are Apple users after all. Try transferring large video files to your pc and see the benefits of a dinosaur age.

That is what you think. Apple introduced pro res videos in their iPhones to do what ? Copy to a computer and edit those videos. You cannot even record pro res on a 128 GB iPhone, it has to be 256 GB minimum. Cloud is not suitable for such huge amount of data. Almost everyone has One drive or some other cloud these days but my internet at 100 Mbps is too slow for it to match the speeds of a conventional file transfer.
I know that pain of copying large chunks of data to Windows. Apple treats Windows the same way Microsoft treats Linux, the same way Google treated Windows Phone ecosystem. They all want users to use their entire lineup of products. Also, how many iPhone users do professional video editing without a mac where they have to copy hundreds of GBs of data (128GB iPhone 13 is the most sold iphone)? Few hundreds? Do you think Apple will develop a photos app for Windows? Apple want you to be fully on their ecosystem as long as they keep generating record revenues. I am not saying that this is good, this is a fact and it is how it is.

I have a Mac Mini and MBP. To copy content, I just have to connect my phone to mac, open photos app and import whatever I need. But if you do not have any apple PC, this is Apple's way of saying 'you either get a mac or spend rest of your life using iTunes'.

I just connected my iPhone 13 to Windows 11 PC, something that I never did. Guess what, I see all my photos and videos in Explorer. Why are you trying to use iTunes? Am I missing anything here?

1657975287469.png

Last edited:
It's worth mentioning that there is apparently no tempered glass that works with the Galaxy S22's indisplay Ultra Sonic fingerprint sensor, but face lock works, but in that iPhone 13 takes the win as it supports Face Id with Mask. Apart from that you get call recording in Galaxy S22, in which iPhone fails miserably. You can transfer files between your laptop and mobile with the Galaxy S22 without the need of special software, but in iPhone 13 you can't without the iTunes application. Galaxy S22 fails in the battery quality whereas iPhone 13 succeeded in that. If you buy the S22 Plus, you can get the iPhone 13 Pro within same range too. If the iPhone 13 is a made in china model, then you could face difficulties like overheating, lag on 60 fps while playing games after frequent usage. I own both phones and both are useless to me

Getting both at almost the same price, was going for the S21 fe before but it didn't feel as premium as the s22 and ip 13.
I am using galaxy s22 plus
It's has all premiumness in it. In hand feel, looks, camera everything is good. Now it all depends which echo system you want to be in.

Then if you have any mindset that mirror selfies look good only with iphone logo on back the then that's it, no comparison ahead

View attachment 139577
If you have to spend 5k annually to make a device usable, doesn't sound like a great option to me. Neither does finding 5 people for a family plan. Maybe you are okay doing that, but please don't say "why do people stick to dinosaur age processes". Because many like me aren't comfortable paying that much for cloud.

I have an Android as a daily driver and the iPhone as a backup and love the ease of use of the Android. Being able to send files through a simple usb c at great transfer speeds is absolutely a great convenience.
I just connected my iPhone 13 to Windows 11 PC, something that I never did. Guess what, I see all my photos and videos in Explorer. Why are you trying to use iTunes? Am I missing anything here?

View attachment 139666
This is very hit and miss. 80% times it doesn't detect. 80% times the import from windows photos also fails. It's just a buggy mess. Tried this on two separate windows laptops. In the end, switched back to the Android world. Ease of living regained.

Last edited:
If you have to spend 5k annually to make a device usable, doesn't sound like a great option to me. Neither does finding 5 people for a family plan. Maybe you are okay doing that, but please don't say "why do people stick to dinosaur age processes". Because many like me aren't comfortable paying that much for cloud.

I have an Android as a daily driver and the iPhone as a backup and love the ease of use of the Android. Being able to send files through a simple usb c at great transfer speeds is absolutely a great convenience.

This is very hit and miss. 80% times it doesn't detect. 80% times the import from windows photos also fails. It's just a buggy mess. Tried this on two separate windows laptops. In the end, switched back to the Android world. Ease of living regained.
Try using an app like ShareMe, which can host FTP server on Android phone. Use Filezilla on PC to copy the files over wi fi.
I find this easier to use and faster, compared to USB C

I wonder why that is happening :watching:

Must be a loose contact somewhere. Also it goes without saying that the lightning to USB must be a data cable. I would think the stock charging cable that came with phone will be ok. Or maybe it is not. It's only a charging cable and there is some other data cable that Apple wants you to buy.
Try using an app like ShareMe, which can host FTP server on Android phone. Use Filezilla on PC to copy the files over wi fi.
I find this easier to use and faster, compared to USB C
With the right cable anywhere from 4-10x faster

I was testing transfer speeds from android to windows and the cable I got was averaging 70MB/s or over 500Mb/s. The cable is rated to 5Gb/s. It will be the same as this Apple cable. or maybe there is an Anker equivalent.

The cable that came in the box with the S20FE was only capable of half that speed. USB2 instead of 3.1

Last edited:
I wonder why that is happening :watching:

Must be a loose contact somewhere. Also it goes without saying that the lightning to USB must be a data cable. I would think the stock charging cable that came with phone will be ok. Or maybe it is not. It's only a charging cable and there is some other data cable that Apple wants you to buy.
Tried with both wife's and my phone. Tried with multiple cables and two different laptops. Windows recognises the device. But shows nothing inside. No folder no files.

Sometimes it does show files though. Fussy experience

Back