iPhone 3G Official Pricing Out!!

the call rates and the rental plans abroad allow the comapnies Like ATnT to subsidize the iphone..

but with the competitive price here, Airtel and Vodafone mite not have been able to get the iphone as cheap here as compared to the US, but still this rate is insane..

EDIT:

N96 gonna be again like what 35k ..?

worthy enuf price tag cuz of the features, but too costly again.

N81 seems a good choice now.. :)

raul said:
Wow, that's a huge premium they are expecting. Personally I have would to see huge value for that price and no mobile device is going to deliver that. 15-20K is the most I can see.

The only way iPhone is worth that amount is if some individual sees some showoff value in it beyond the phone itself ie 'I can afford something this expensive' in which case its nothing to do with the phone itself or its features. If there is 'snob value' attached to it and if that target market is a niche of showoffs then I don't see anyone who is remotely familiar with technology buying the phone for what it offers in terms of features or falling for this sort of mindless pricing.

So clearly both operators have decided on niche strategy with artificially inflated prices and premium plans to milk those who can afford it. They must be sourcing it at a max of $400 for 8GB and $500 for 16GB, probably less, plus taxes which are not much for mobile phones I think. That's a clean profit of about 200-250 just on the device let alone the premium data plans.

So you pay premium prices for the device, the data and YOU GET A LOCKED DEVICE. This is called getting royally jacked, I don't see how this can make sense for anyone.

Agreed And airtel who were known to keep around 50% margin for handsets, want to make nearly 100% from iPhone. Blatant rip-off :mad:

There goes my dream down the drain as well.

At that price it should have been unlocked. How can they expect some to pay so much and be locked to their network for life :confused:

1. they are locked cuz thats how apple wants it to be, else u'd have unlocked iphones smuggled out from india.

2. going by apple's history, I have a gut feeling that apple has a big hand in fixing the price point. Read in a news report that apple execs are tight controlling all aspects related to iphone 3g, including the lame gimmick of opening airtel stores late at night.

thexfactor said:
Vodafone has revised the price to Rs.29600

Edit : oops ! it's already posted in the other thread

wer is this topic posted ??
ive been searching n dont find anything..
also have they updated this price on the official web-page as well ?

The Alchemist said:
LOL,,,Goodbye,,iPhone 3G...

What's the use of 3G capability without 3G network..huh.

I'm happy and content with my 8GB ipod touch, looks smarter,,does almost all things similar to iPhone except the phone feature, obviously and not much useful GPS.

:eek:hyeah: I love my touch too....

Back