Iphone 4 S Officially announced

techpal said:
Same 3.5 inch screen, m happy my sgs2 is even better than iphone4S.
RS4 said:
even 5 months old SGS2 is enough to compete with this iphone 4S.

16 month old iPhone 4 is enough to beat SGS 2 in battery. And now iPhone Ass has got A5, 8mp camera, dual core graphics(7x faster), 1080p recording. And Siri [But wondering if it ever works for Indians]

Apple iPhone 4S vs. Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com

Now, we have to see how it plays 1080p MKV OOB.

RS4 said:
Apple has restricted Siri voice commands to iphone 4S , so that iphone 4 looks obsolete now :D

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Gannu said:
Siri has completely blown me away TBH.

Same here saar. Hope it recognizes Indian accent.

RS4 said:
So this is apple's innovation in 16 months time :S

This ->
aradhakr84 said:
Real disappointment. But considering their history this does not surprise me at all.

I believe Apple's strategy is to sell as many 4 and 4S to the masses and then make them upgrade to the next one (IP5) It is not bad for Apple from marketing standpoint. Because with this they are stretching the innovation train so that it keeps the customers like us locked in. If you look at the Android phone, they have evolved too fast. What do you think is next for Android? Bigger screens? We have already seen the likes of Nexus Prime and Galaxy Note. Faster Processors? We already have that in IPhone 4S and pretty much all of the Android phones that are releasing.

Of course there will be upgrades in hardware/software specs, but they will be incremental not revolutionary. If Android would have come out with something revolutionary, then Apple would be worried to release something other than Iphone 4S. Hopefully next year will be different with Iphone 5 having a new and better design than its predecessor Iphone 4S.

wow :O

These things could be already there [Not sure], but how Apple makes it, makes it really good. These are the things which I used to see in SciFi movies. Now it's real ! Just see the interactions with Siri.

avi said:
16 month old iPhone 4 is enough to beat SGS 2 in battery. And now iPhone Ass has got A5, 8mp camera, dual core graphics(7x faster), 1080p recording

To be fair, it should be mentioned that SGS 2 offers full multi tasking while iOS has limited multi tasking. You cant compare one feature and ignoring others. :)

avi said:
16 month old iPhone 4 is enough to beat SGS 2 in battery. And now iPhone Ass has got A5, 8mp camera, dual core graphics(7x faster), 1080p recording.
SGS2 has 1.2GHz dual core CPU,8MP camera,1080p recording. iphone 4 Ass lacks full multitasking, bluetooth file transfer, microsd storage, FM radio, video calls only via wifi, installing apps,music,videos only via itunes, OOB MKV playback, 2MP front camera, 21Mbps HSDPA :)

Yes, the iphone 4 is too weak to run voice commands :eek:hyeah:

Iphone 4 8GB factory unlocked is now going for $550 which means 28-29k indian pricing :)

The WP7 and voice Blackberry commands barely work in India without having to alter your accents so I wonder how the IP4s will manage with Siri.

RS4 said:
iphone 4s lacks full multitasking, bluetooth file transfer, microsd storage, FM radio, video calls only via wifi, installing apps,music,videos only via itunes, OOB MKV playback, 2MP front camera, 21Mbps HSDPA

Metalspree said:
I used siri in my iphone 4. Thanks to apple cant use it any more :mad:.

And then there are people who still ask.. Why is Apple considered evil.

The good thing which came out of yesterdays conference is iOS 5 launch on Oct 12. That's one thing I am eagerly waiting for. Also Sirni is iPhone 4S exclusive. So I am not even bothering about it. What I really don't get is why do you want faster iPhone. My iPhone 4 is as fast as a phone should be. I really wasn't looking for a bigger handset size on the new iPhone. A bigger screen would have been awesome but definitely not a bigger handset size.

Though the yesterday's event wasn't a huge hit but at least we get the iOS 5. Waiting for it for my iPhone 4 and iPad 1.

RS4 said:
SGS2 has 1.2GHz dual core CPU,8MP camera,1080p recording. iphone 4 Ass lacks full multitasking, bluetooth file transfer, microsd storage, FM radio, video calls only via wifi, installing apps,music,videos only via itunes, OOB MKV playback, 2MP front camera, 21Mbps HSDPA :)

YES :mad: but half of the things u said can be done with JB :p

RS4 said:
Yes, the iphone 4 is too weak to run voice commands :eek:hyeah:

Let's wait till JB community release some tweaks :eek:hyeah:

btw picked these comments from TMN :p

Here begins the cycle we are so familiar with, Apple comes out with new tech, the world says its stupid, and then a year down the track we wonder how we ever lived without it.

"Siri, how come Fandroids first attack the rumors of Siri saying "Android does that, Apple SUXXXXX" and then when truth smacks them on the face they claim it's a ridiculous feature?"

Siri: "Hypocrisy: the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense."

That's actually quite good.

If Siri was in Android, some mfr would force it into a phone that had too slow of a CPU, and the users would say it sucks. Google would say "but it needs at least a dual-core processor", but the mfrs won't listen. So Google then refuses to open-source the next version.
:p

"if you dont have an Iphone , well you dont have an Iphone....." this will now be changed to ,
If you dont like the new Iphone, wait for nexus Prime" :p

avi said:
btw picked these comments from TMN :p

Please dont quote TMN comments, most of the ifans have migrated from engadget to TMN along with their apple worshiping editors, they will circle jirk on a new iphone even if apple reduces the features :p

avi said:
YES :mad: but half of the things u said can be done with JB

:p
Strange, you are proudly referring things apple don't provide and even after jailbreak only half things are possible!!!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

here's an interesting article about siri

As always happens when Apple rolls out a major technology (in this case, e-concierge services), critics are happy to point out that Cupertino is late to the party (can you believe that it took them 5+ years to respond to the Treo?!). Specifically, they’re calling Siri a catch-up effort to match Google Voice Actions technology that’s been available on Android for well over a year. Having used Voice Actions for awhile now, I can confirm that this is half-true. On a feature-by-feature basis, Siri looks me-too. But from an experience standpoint, it’s totally different. As usual, Google’s implementation is process-oriented. Apple’s, unsurprisingly, is human and friendly. And this is why Siri has the potential to be revolutionary.

Or take something significantly more straight-ahead and functional: weather. On Google Voice Actions, you talk like you’re dictating a Google search: “weather San Francisco Oct. 7â€. And then it displays the google search results that appear on a web page. That’s about it. On Siri, you say, “What’s the weather going to be like when I’m in San Francisco? How about Napa.†And the app responds in fairly natural form while also displaying the information it’s talking about in visual form.

Apple’s New Siri is Playing Catch-Up to Google Voice Actions. But in a Very Human Way. | Cult of Mac

Back