Iphone 4 S Officially announced

^Really nice comparison. Wish they had given 8MP in Nexus Prime, then it'd been awesome :-/

techno_guy said:
Siri is not an innovation

There is already app named vlingo in android market which has voice commands

IMHO Siri is focking revoltionary. Yes, it's not an innovation, but it is indeed re-invention. I have used Vlingo, it is just a voice command software. You cannot interact. But with Siri, you can. Have you seen the video ? If you see, you will figure out the difference between normal voice control software & Siri.

I guess event was kinda disappointed lot of people as many were expecting new design. So Siri was not given lot of attention & if it was Steve Jobs on the stage, everything would have been different now.

Anyways here is Siri demo video :

Read more - Why Siri just might work | This is my next...

The screen size has been 3.5 inch from the first iPhone, and below is the reason why it still is 3.5 inch
Check the image on the link, sounds logical.
This Is Why the iPhone’s Screen Will Always Be 3.5 Inches
Why does the iPhone have a 3.5-inch screen? Why do larger smartphones feel awkward on your hand? Dustin Curtis has an answer, and I think it is spot on:

Touching the upper right corner of the screen on the Galaxy S II using one hand, with its 4.27-inch screen, while you're walking down the street looking at Google Maps, is extremely difficult and frustrating. I pulled out my iPhone 4 to do a quick test, and it turns out that when you hold the iPhone in your left hand and articulate your thumb, you can reach almost exactly to the other side of the screen.

His graphic shows this clearly. It makes total sense. And that is exactly why we would never see any larger screen iPhone. That 3.5-inch screen will be the ideal size until all humans are 7-feet tall and have hands the size of frying pans

Source - This Is Why the iPhone's Screen Will Always Be 3.5 Inches

^ i think this was always the reason but another reason has i pointed back is apple always maximize on their hardware.

i disagree with the above point that the increase will never come.i think it will be in the pipeline and it will be a small bump unlike the galaxy s2 ,maybe 3.8 or something with a aluminum design hopefully.this is just my opinion of course:p

But however people criticize, there are still folks out there who will be buying this new iPhone. I may probably be one of them. I am still not sure whether i should spend 700$ for a phone but then the "i want it" thing tells me to buy it :p

I am not a proper person to comment on how good / bad is iPhone compared to Android but that day i had a chance to check the ipod touch (first time ever for me) and it is indeed very user friendly OS.

Btw too early to ask, but when will the new iphone arrive ? Iphone 5 ?? Next september / october ??

techno_guy said:
Siri is not an innovation
There is already app named vlingo in android market which has voice commands

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
Siri is not voice command.Siri is AI. It's takes its roots from a pentagon project not from voice commands that google came up with.Mind you siri is not perfect and that's prolly the reason why apple called it beta!

^^ yes siri would not be as accurate as shown in official video , but still a lot of hype is created for it

But its a good feature but it sill needs some more development

Siri may be good but i am still skeptical if it will work properly with Indian accents. :S

I even find it difficult to use google voice for maps and 99% it interprets wrong or may be my accent is wrong or whatever, i prefer to type in the address.

^^ I get the same problems but the good thing is apple doesn't bring a new technology to the market unless it's 100% ready and there looked a good amount of cohesion In the way Siri responded.at the moment it's looking great and this could really be a big feature for smartphones in the future.

raksrules said:
Siri may be good but i am still skeptical if it will work properly with Indian accents. :S

I even find it difficult to use google voice for maps and 99% it interprets wrong or may be my accent is wrong or whatever, i prefer to type in the address.

Have the same concern.AI maybe good but not too sure about it's ability to understand indian accent.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BTW, here are some pics taken by an iphone 4S.Mind you these images were likely taken under ideal lighting conditions by experts.

http://static.businessinsider.com/i...-white-balance-and-greater-dynamic-range-.jpg

http://cdn.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/iphone-4s-camera-6.jpg

http://cdn.iphone4jailbreak.org/wp-content/uploads/iphone-4S-camera-pictures-photos-1.jpg

http://cdn.iphone4jailbreak.org/wp-content/uploads/iphone-4S-camera-pictures-photos-2.jpg

http://cdn.iphone4jailbreak.org/wp-content/uploads/iphone-4S-camera-pictures-photos-5.jpg

Photos Taken Using iPhone 4S Look Impressive – iPhone Hacks

Don't hotlink images.

WOW :O

need a SGS II & i4s comparison :)

I don't have an iPhone right now... Thing is I'll get student discount + VAT(around 84 pounds) return from airport (buying from UK) so I'll be getting 4s for around 380 pounds which is a very good deal IMO...

avi said:

SGS II is nowhere close to this. Though I doubt the common consumer will be able to take pics like this :)

But even in iPhone 4, the camera quality is amazing. My sis took a pic of a birthday cake with the lights off and the picture quality was wow. I could even see the wick of the candle being burnt. I can post the pic here if you want :)

Punker said:
I don't have an iPhone right now... Thing is I'll get student discount + VAT(around 84 pounds) return from airport (buying from UK) so I'll be getting 4s for around 380 pounds which is a very good deal IMO...

That is an amazing deal man. I'd say that you go for it! :)

^^galaxy s2 can surely manage better bro,
one thing in sgs2 i like is the flash intensity automatically gets adjusted for macro pics or close to prevent over exposure unlike htc crap!!

anyways both sgs2 and iphone 4s are winners, its about you how much u can bring out of their powerful hardware....

It seems iPhone 4S might have 512MB RAM as iPhone 4 :(

Link - iPhone 4S has 512MB RAM, claims Infinity Blade's developer

As usual Apple didn’t specify the amount of RAM on the iPhone 4S announcement, nor is it mentioned on the official website. We are still a few days ahead of the iPhone 4S launch, so no one has disassembled it yet to discover what’s hiding inside the shell.

Still, there are iPhone 4S shipped to developers for months, so we can still have a confirmation on some specs before we get it in our hands. That’s the case here – the creative director of Infinity Blade 2 talks how cool is the new iPhone 4S:

“I’m still shocked that, with the iPhone 4S, I’m literally running around with a 1080p video camera in my pocket, with an eight megapixel camera, 64GB of hard drive space and an A5 chip with 512MB of memory. This is a really powerful computer, right?”

So, it’s true. The iPhone 4S has the same amount of RAM as the iPhone 4 – 512MB. We still hope the early iPhone 4S units given to Chair Entertainment might be different from the final unit, but it just doesn’t make sense – you won’t give a crippled unit to a developer that is preparing one of the hallmark iOS titles and will demonstrate it on the 4S announcement.

We guess we’ll find the truth in a few days.

ayaskant12 said:
^^galaxy s2 can surely manage better bro,

one thing in sgs2 i like is the flash intensity automatically gets adjusted for macro pics or close to prevent over exposure unlike htc crap!!

anyways both sgs2 and iphone 4s are winners, its about you how much u can bring out of their powerful hardware....

the camera on the 4s looks better imho.it seems i will be taking a plunge on the iphone 4s after all.will do a comparison between my cousin's sgs 2 and the 4s.

the best thing is now we can use the volume button to click pics.it was incredibly frustrating touching the screen.

Back