iphone 4s or waiting for s3 = confusion?

siddharth

Disciple
hello everyone

i'm planning on selling my galaxy s2 n moving on to iphone 4s.the only thing stopping me is its small screen n crazzy crazzy price (as i need the 32gb model which is for 43-50k!!!) and also the soon coming s3 which surely would rock the world with its unmatched specsheet but through so many years of using high end devices has made me realize that specs say only half the story,that the inner sole of any device is the os complimenting the device and as many of us know ios is a much more polished operating system even after the many restriction which it places.i'm convinced with 4s cause the iphone with bigger screen aka iphone 5 will launch after 6-8 months.

what do u all think?is this foolish of me or is it the right choice?

and i also wanted to know is it ok to get it form other country what r the pros n cons,actually my aunt is going to Hong Kong next week n i heard that 16gb 4s is for 32k there n 32gigs is for 35-36k.

basically i was in a similar dilemma.if you are getting the 4s on a 34 k mark then it is a fantastic deal and it is one of the best smartphones out there.imho no phone should cost more than 40 k and i do not think 4s at the indian price is a good deal.

instead of waiting for the s3, why dont you get a galaxy note? god knows when the s3 will come,and even then, we are not that sure whether it will be that better than the current offerings of samsung

hello everyone

i'm planning on selling my galaxy s2 n moving on to iphone 4s.the only thing stopping me is its small screen n crazzy crazzy price (as i need the 32gb model which is for 43-50k!!!) and also the soon coming s3 which surely would rock the world with its unmatched specsheet but through so many years of using high end devices has made me realize that specs say only half the story,that the inner sole of any device is the os complimenting the device and as many of us know ios is a much more polished operating system even after the many restriction which it places.i'm convinced with 4s cause the iphone with bigger screen aka iphone 5 will launch after 6-8 months.

what do u all think?is this foolish of me or is it the right choice?

and i also wanted to know is it ok to get it form other country what r the pros n cons,actually my aunt is going to Hong Kong next week n i heard that 16gb 4s is for 32k there n 32gigs is for 35-36k.

Honestly do you want to wait for S3 ? You are getting a pretty good deal for the 32 gig iPhone 4S buddy.
<

According to rumors it will be officially launched in Q2 end /Q3. Now add an unknown delay for it to be available in India, assume it to be 2-3 months. Now do you want to wait for that long ?

If you are willing to wait that long then you may even be able to go for the next iPhone which may be launched some time around october, but its a big 'IF'.

Now tell me when do you want to buy your handset ?
<

basically i was in a similar dilemma.if you are getting the 4s on a 34 k mark then it is a fantastic deal and it is one of the best smartphones out there.imho no phone should cost more than 40 k and i do not think 4s at the indian price is a good deal.

instead of waiting for the s3, why dont you get a galaxy note? god knows when the s3 will come,and even then, we are not that sure whether it will be that better than the current offerings of samsung

u see the problem for me not s2 but the android os, my s2 is currently running on ics, the latest offering by google but thats not too impressive n the market(apps) lets not talk about that

u see the problem for me not s2 but the android os, my s2 is currently running on ics, the latest offering by google but thats not too impressive n the market(apps) lets not talk about that

That's the best Android can offer at the moment and if it does not work for you then you should not hold back. Buy the iPhone 4S.

I'm going to flash my S2 today, looking around XDA today a little bit.

hey i'm not able to change my dp(display pic) i'm able to remove it but not able to upload a different pic, i'm trying it from 2 days now when ever i try to upload a different pic the same pic gets uploaded even after i've deleted that pic??

having used three similar devices( all dual core phones)

1) atrix 4g and photon 4g

2) galaxy s2 and s

3) iphone 4s.

I can say that Iphone 4s is most amazing of all.

bloody devices are dual core with hefty amount of ram and screen res.

iphone 4s beats off all others with battery life on standby as well as usual usage over 3g .

iphone is better experience as its really well engineered and well thought off device.

dual core really shows itsdelf while taking snaps.

neither atrix nor photon can match it while taking successive shots .

only thing i dont like on apple is no expandable storage.

rest all featurs work as expected.

i love itunes sync over wifi .

hey just wanted to confirm that if the seal is broken they won't impose the import duties right, need to confirm as my aunt is nervous about it, she is going to hong knog n she'll be bringing my 4s

Dude I have used iPhone 1 and iPhone 4, not doubts about the class and apps, but I suggest you to take a look at Windows Phone, which is widely available in India at price range from 14k to 24km, light on wallet but great on UI, features, etc. Let me know if you have anything on Windows Phone.

Maximum adviced you to get the Iphone 4S [font=arial, sans-serif]32gigs as you are getting it at a great deal ie. for 35-36k.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I too would advice you the same.No doubt S3 is going to rock but its release is not yet confirmed,Any twist can still come in its release.Just go for it![/font]

Iphone 4s is great, but the way i see it, its only good because of Siri. Android simply can't be compared to the way siri handles multi tasking. Also, iphone4s will give you better sound and acoustics compared to galaxy. Samsung is known for poor acoustics. trust me, i've got all their gadgets right with me!

I would also vote for Otterbox Defender case for the iPhone. My wife uses her iPhone with a pink otterbox case. It protects the phone well.

My heart sank the last time she dropped the phone from her lap to the ground while coming out of the car
<

Luckily nothing happened to the phone.

Back