iPhone 5 from Canada through FedEx?

tranceinside

Disciple
Hello Readers,
My brother has has pre-ordered unlocked iPhone 5 which are expected to reach between 21-23th. My question is how much duty is charged on cellphone? Where is the custom paid? I have a Airtel micro sim.. So i can cut it further to use it. Please share your experiences of previous iPhone purchases! Thanks

I have imported my iPhone through shop and ship people and domestically moved iPad through their network.
I trust them.

How much duty did you pay at customs? Did they hold it at customs office or you had to pay to the courier guy? I have received many personal documents from FedEx that took a week for 120$. Never got any electronic item earlier. Please share your experiences.

I have received phones from Canada by Fedex. I was charged customs based on the value declared on the pacakge. Custom duty is 2.06% if i remember correctly and is charged on the declared value+ shipping costs. Sometimes the custom officials may charge duty on higher value than what is declared if they think the package has been massively undervalued. Apart from that i was charged Rs. 300 by Fedex as broker charges for getting the courier cleared from customs.

I have received phones from Canada by Fedex. I was charged customs based on the value declared on the pacakge. Custom duty is 2.06% if i remember correctly and is charged on the declared value+ shipping costs. Sometimes the custom officials may charge duty on higher value than what is declared if they think the package has been massively undervalued. Apart from that i was charged Rs. 300 by Fedex as broker charges for getting the courier cleared from customs.

Thank you for the information! Will it be safe through FedEx Express? I am not sure where is the customs office and what is the procedure to pay. Had you visited them to pay the duty or you had paid it along with the broker charges to the courier guy? Please confirm.

SNS is not in Canada! How much duty did you pay at customs? Did they hold it at customs office or you had to pay to the courier guy? I have received many personal documents from FedEx that took a week. Never got any electronic item earlier. Please share your experiences.

who said its in canada?

it was imported from united states and I never faced much issues with aramex.
I paid 480 rs for customs and it was quick one week transit time from NY to mumbai.

- - - Updated - - -

aramex gave me compound invoice with all inclusive receipt with seprate customs duty paid challan.
I paid aramex as they already had paid on my behalf.
They did not delay in customs.morning it entered in mumbai and afternoon they pushed it out for delivery.

Thank you for the information! Will it be safe through FedEx Express? I live in Hyderabad. I am not sure where is the customs office and what is the procedure to pay. Had you visited them to pay the duty or you had paid it along with the broker charges to the courier guy? Please confirm.

No need to go to the customs office. You will have to pay the person who will be delivering the courier.

If you can ship the phones to the US, you can get the phones to India through SnS or ICC at a fraction of that cost. I am not sure if there are any restrictions in shipping items from Canada to US though.

Back