iphone 5 or HTC one X ? How about ipod touch ?

Hi guys,

I have never bought anything Apple before and am eager to buy something for the experience. I have been using very basic phones (less than 5K) untill now and I want to buy a really good phone now :)

I have the iphone5 (16gb is enough ) and the HTC one X (not One X+) in mind. I don't like Samsung/S.Ecson and not gonna buy those even if there are better.

Now, I don't use my phone a lot to talk and I won't be making calls in the future too much either. So in my mind buying the iphone5 or having an i pod touch (the latest one) and using my basic phone ( to make calls alone) would'nt make much of a difference considering the price difference between the touch and the phone (45K for a phone is a bit too much for me. 25-30K would be enough).

Does the iphone5 has anything else that the itouch does'nt have except making callls? I will get the same for everything else right? apart from external appearance which looks better in the itouch?

How does the HTC one X stack up against these?

I have'nt used any of these or other devices at all , so I'm sure I'd love whatever I buy and am not going to notice any speed difference,etc that other phones edge out the iphone5

I'm thinking ipod touch (It is cheaper/lighter and better looking as well. It costs ~22K and HTC oneX costs ~25K .

Or is HTC One X + android is just so much better than Apple ?
Please feel free to speak your mind out as I don't think I can experience any of these before buying.

Thanks

iPhone is not just iPod touch + phone functionality but it has more like better screen and resolution (I guess), ability to use Internet anywhere through your sim card. With iPod touch you will need wifi connectivity. iPhone has GPS while iPod touch does not. Better camera with flash.
Since it is going to be your first iOS device I would say you buy an iPhone 4S which you will get for cheaper than iPhone 5 and it is definitely a very good and capable phone.
I too switched to iOS just an year back.

iPhone is not just iPod touch + phone functionality but it has more like better screen and resolution (I guess), ability to use Internet anywhere through your sim card. With iPod touch you will need wifi connectivity. iPhone has GPS while iPod touch does not. Better camera with flash.
Since it is going to be your first iOS device I would say you buy an iPhone 4S which you will get for cheaper than iPhone 5 and it is definitely a very good and capable phone.
I too switched to iOS just an year back.

Does'nt the latest 5th gen i touch have the same display as the iphone 5 ? About GPS , how effective is it in India?
Is it as good as google maps?
About connectivity , I will be using wifi most of the time.

I don't want iphone 4s now :) 4s would still be more expensive than one X right?

Any idea what's the cheapest rate I can get the basic model one X for in India?

though the ipod touch is pretty similar to the iphone, the main differences are:

iPhone's 8MP sensor vs 5Mp on the touch
no gps in the touch so you can't use it properly for navigation.
Different processors..

getting an iPhone is worth only if you want access to Apple's app store..
though my suggestion would be to get the HTC One X..

Go for ipod touch if you want to use it only at home. Most of the apps we use these days are internet dependent.
GPS of iphone works like a charm and now google maps are also available for ios 6. In delhi google maps work really well on my Atrix 2.

I got an iPod coz I hate people calling when I am listening to songs or playing a game and ruining it. It is really nice to have a dedicated device for gaming + movies + music. This way you wont run out of juice on your main phone.

If you have the cash then buy an iPhone 5. I have yet to see a single unhappy iPhone user.

[gs]0ArXEX7L5lfx1dDFrTE84QjdvUmIzS0xvSWFsWlU2cWc[/gs]

though the ipod touch is pretty similar to the iphone, the main differences are:

iPhone's 8MP sensor vs 5Mp on the touch
no gps in the touch so you can't use it properly for navigation.
Different processors..

getting an iPhone is worth only if you want access to Apple's app store..
though my suggestion would be to get the HTC One X..

Thanks mate.. 5mp camera is enough for me. gps not needed and I'm not going to notice speed diff in the i touch processor. However about the app store , I can have all the apps for the i touch that are available for the iphone 5 right?
The main reason I want apple is for iOS 6 and apps. (main reason I choose over android).

Then I think I have to choose the cheapest one between the 4s and HTC one X.

Think HTC ONe X is better overall? But does android has the apps that apple store has?

Also what is the cheapest price I can get One X for? Can I get is for less than 25K?

No matter what people tell you, the number of applications you'll get on the App Store and the quality is better than Android app store(except in cases of major titles, which receive regular updates)..
and Yes, all apps for iPhone 5 run on the iTouch smoothly except incompatible ones like Whatsapp, etc..

However, the open sourced nature of Android itself and the modifiability is just too good to sacrifice.
I mean having to open settings everytime you want to change the brightness, etc. in iOS. These can be done away with a jailbreak but as of now the latest devices are not jailbreakable.

If you are keen on trying out iOS, get an iPad Mini or iTouch + a decent dual core Android..

but one thing is sure, you won't regret buying an HTC One X..

Hm... What is the cheapest android device from HTC that can run all the latest android OS with voice assistant (like siri) ?
I don't mind buying a smaller display than one X .
I went through HTC website and saw lot of models that look pretty similar to one X.

I'm mainly looking to make my life easier (with voice assistant) and I can sacrifice camera quality and display size if it is cheaper . Main concern is OS and apps.

Hm... What is the cheapest android device from HTC that can run all the latest android OS with voice assistant (like siri) ?
I don't mind buying a smaller display than one X .
I went through HTC website and saw lot of models that look pretty similar to one X.

I'm mainly looking to make my life easier (with voice assistant) and I can sacrifice camera quality and display size if it is cheaper . Main concern is OS and apps.
If you are willing to sacrifice warranty, you can get the US version of the One X for ~25.5k from ebay. Same looks and screen as the Indian One X. has 16Gb of memory and a slightly better processor.

Why no to Nexus 4 ??
It will Launch in India in Q1

Thought about it , but at the end of the day it's LG and it does'nt have the posh feel that Apple and HTC have (reason I omitted samsung and Sony.E too ). And I don't see how it is better than One X provided it costs about the same.

I'm also considering the HTC Desire series. But don't know if they are any good.

I'm going to buy one for my Birthday that falls on Feb. Any chance that One X price would dip a bit before that?

Guys,
I have decided. I'm going to buy the latest i pod touch (16gb) for 300$ ( A friend of mine is coming from the U.S). It's a big upgrade for me from a basic phone (I'm using now).
It also looks like there are many other manufacturers who are to watch out in 2013. I see 5-inch phones in the "home" section.
I'll buy an android phone after 6 months :)

Thanks every1 for helping me out.

PS : The cheapest I could find it id for 16.5K (300$) from the U.S . Does it sell even cheaper anywhere else? Dubai or Singapore ? Thanks

Back