Budget Above 40k iPhone or Oneplus

The question is very open ended. You need to give more details. Ofcourse you are using currently some device. If it is Android, what is pushing you towards even considering iOS device and if you an iPhone user then why are you considering OnePlus?
If you are not happy with current OS and want to try the new one then by all means buy any good device from competing OS devices.

Please give more details as that helps us all answer more objectively.

The question is very open ended. You need to give more details. Ofcourse you are using currently some device. If it is Android, what is pushing you towards even considering iOS device and if you an iPhone user then why are you considering OnePlus?
If you are not happy with current OS and want to try the new one then by all means buy any good device from competing OS devices.

Please give more details as that helps us all answer more objectively.
rn i am using Vivo y21i and was looking for a upgrade which can easily last for 5-6 yr. I heard some reviewer say that Oneplus 9 pro's camera not being consistent and that old front camera which records at only 1080P 30fps.

Just shift to Apple, I made the switch from 1+7 to 13 and i am regretting why didn't i switch earlier. Whole lot of difference. Different world. You will love it however ecosystem will grab you and you will surely invest again in watch,pods,pads,macs. Worth paying i would say ! Good Luck

go for oneplus if you want to have a "blast" :)

ok on serious note, i recently tied out android after some real gap.. android had gone to horse shit... the flexibility it had earlier dont exist anymore.. fu*k why i have to enable location if i want to share a pdf document in whataspp ? or if i want to scan the wifi signal.

android doesn't worth investing 50K+ go for 15k devices if you want android. if you have the money then iphone is the wise choice.
that apple "ecosystem" is a myth in 2021.

Last edited:
From a perspective of a Vivo user anything will be an upgrade but your query is rather ambiguous! As someone pointed above, for Android investing above 15/20k is not worth it. One plus is pseudo premium stuff, in other words, garbage, especially for the asking price of these so called Pro models. iPhone on the other hand is slightly less pseudo-premium but for sure they are known for their longevity. Camera wise iPhone will be more consistent but it's not a great camera on its own by any means

or if i want to scan the wifi signal.
This is a privacy issue since your location can be (approximately)triangulated with Wifi networks which is why Wifi scanning is locked behind location permission.

> fu*k why i have to enable location if i want to share a pdf document in whataspp
Are you sure about that? Because you don't _have_ to share location permission when sending a PDF to someone.

I would say if you are spending 50k+ then why not go for iPhone you will get 5-6 yrs of ios update.....now new androids will be getting a max of 4yrs of update especially pixel but with new chipsets.....Samsung has also confirmed same but others haven't.....but with apple lot of things will change and will depend.....i myself use android as primary and iPhone as secondary.....but i won't spend more than 30k on android

Are you sure about that? Because you don't _have_ to share location permission when sending a PDF to someone.
yup absolutely.
that google.files was denied to access location.. whenever i was trying to send a pdf ( attach document section in wa). it was failing until i enabled location and grant it permission .. wasted a solid 4-5 hours before discovering this. / this is android 11. on motog40

Surprising. Try with any other file manager.
eSexplore is installed. but i dont see any option while while attaching file via whatsapp.. while trying to share via direct ES - it says failed.
may be im missing something ? ( consider me new to WA as well, returning to it after 1yr gap)

so my entire android setup is throwaway.. this number+phone all temporary and for a specific time period.

eSexplore is installed. but i dont see any option while while attaching file via whatsapp.. while trying to share via direct ES - it says failed.
may be im missing something ? ( consider me new to WA as well, returning to it after 1yr gap)

so my entire android setup is throwaway.. this number+phone all temporary and for a specific time period.
Am assuming you meant ES Explorer there ;)

Send - gives you a sending thru a network option.
Share - gives you sharing thru an app like WA, option.

I had the OnePlus One back in the day and then 7T a couple of years back and it was one of my big regrets. The camera processing on all OnePlus phones is plain rubbish, especially in low light. Oxygen OS was okay but kept falling behind on the release schedule, then tried to mimic Samsung and now it will be a variant of ColorOS, one of the worst skins in existence.

I toggled between Android and iOS for a few years but have now settled on iOS, specifically because of security and privacy issues which are much more prevalent now and which are immediately addressed in iOS updates. Besides that both platforms are so mature that apart from some visual flourishes, you are missing nothing.

Edit: Also it was stupid of OnePlus to disable Widevine L1 with bootloader unlock which basically kills off quality in all streaming services when using a custom ROM.

Last edited:
I had the OnePlus One back in the day and then 7T a couple of years back and it was one of my big regrets. The camera processing on all OnePlus phones is plain rubbish, especially in low light. Oxygen OS was okay but kept falling behind on the release schedule, then tried to mimic Samsung and now it will be a variant of ColorOS, one of the worst skins in existence.

I toggled between Android and iOS for a few years but have now settled on iOS, specifically because of security and privacy issues which are much more prevalent now and which are immediately addressed in iOS updates. Besides that both platforms are so mature that apart from some visual flourishes, you are missing nothing.

Edit: Also it was stupid of OnePlus to disable Widevine L1 with bootloader unlock which basically kills off quality in all streaming services when using a custom ROM.
Fully agreed about the OnePlus camera failiure . Bought two Oneplus , returned / sold both due to subpar camera . If someone is using Samsung or erstwhile LG devices then Oneplus camera looked dreadfully worse

Back