Is 5800 @ 13.5k a very good VFM

If you take the latest August stock they have removed; tv-out cable,stand,pouch, license of nokia maps[3 mth one].

So try getting previous stock if possible you will get all accessories.I went to Vijay sales he is giving all accessories but has only red/blue color no black ones but at same price of 14.5k [12.5 % vat].So I will probably go tomorrow and finalize it.

sahilshah1987 said:
If you take the latest August stock they have removed; tv-out cable,stand,pouch, license of nokia maps[3 mth one].
So try getting previous stock if possible you will get all accessories.I went to Vijay sales he is giving all accessories but has only red/blue color no black ones but at same price of 14.5k [12.5 % vat].So I will probably go tomorrow and finalize it.

i got the phone even b4 it came here :bleh:so trust me when i say this....

- tv out cable - can be brought
- stand - in the past 9 months i havent used it more than 2 times
- pouch - its a piece of junk , dont even think of using it
- licence - 3 months! - how much would u use in 3 months ?

bottom line - nokia 5800 is the most vfm touchscreen phone out there in its price range compared to the features it offers..

do note the words i've used...."most vfm touchscreen - prince range - features "

}techmind I agree its the most vfm touch phone at the moment no doubt about it :p

Can u tell me then which casing/pouch are u using if nokia's one is crap.Also any suggestions on screen guard?

And about nokia maps- we can use google maps so no question of purchasing nokia maps license rite?google maps are better rite?

How much for 5800 in mumbai.

Lucky me. :D

I would have bought the phone some 3 weeks back. At that time the price was 17k.In exchange for my old 6630, i would have got it for 15k.

But now since u guys are quoting somewhere between 13k-15k, i think i shud check out the prices once again. I dont care much about the accessories, as they can be bought for cheap outside.

By the way, any idea guys about how much the phone actually cost now in Mumbai?

Also the bloody Nokia Priority guy was quoting the phone at 18k 1 month back.

manu1991 said:
In your original post , you said they have removed TV Out feature not the cable
It is mentioned in the box the phone set does not support Tv out feature any more, so then when feature is not there why they will give you the cable and what the hell will u do with the cable without the feature :huh::huh:

There is lots of confusion going regarding 5800 so some clarification needed:

Guys 5800 is now available for just 13.5k but at this price nokia has silently removed many things.

1.no extra stylus

2.no pouch

3.no stand

4.no tv out cable

5.no tv out feature as well(ya its true I have confirmed it saw the box contents of those manufactured before aug and one after august)

There is small notice on back of the box saying tv out mode is not supported and inside the box also saying tv out mode is no longer supported please ignore any settings see the pics

Imageshack - 11092009j

Imageshack - 11092009006v

Imageshack - 11092009009

So actually at present there are two versions of this phone available one which is old which has the accessories and tv out feature and the new version which doesn't has it.

The new version is the stock from august onwards.

So you may be lucky to get a 2-3 months older with all the accessories and tv out feature but depends from where you buy and till there is stock left.

As far as the new 5800 is concerned all those accessories and tv out feature is removed but what they have added :

1.you get voucher of 100 songs downloadable from nokia music store [Who wants it? ]

2.3months of voice navigation is still there [wow people are smart they use google maps open source]

3.newer firmware v30 out of the box [ people are intelligent enough to update firmware themselves lol]

Clever Nokia!!

So just check out before you buy 5800 box and if you are lucky you might get one older stock with all accessories.

Yes I got lucky and mentioned in below post ;)

Raider123 said:
Now Nokia 5800 is available @ 13.5k.
I have decided to buy it this week.

My Priorities:
------------
1, Music - Audio quality
2, Watching Videos
3, Smart phone capability
4, Good signal reception
5, Battery life
6, Touch Screen

Is there any other phone in this price range, which is comparable to 5800..??
Do I need to consider any other phone..??

Audio is loud and clear. Quality is OK.

IMHO watching videos is not good as iTouch bcoz screen feels colorless compared to iTouch and screen ratio is accordig 4:3 or 16:9 i guess.

No comment about smart phone capability as I m Windows Mobile fan :D

And at last touch is good ... not so good if u do SMS lot.

Better wait for new model from nokia :eek:hyeah:

sahilshah1987 said:
There is lots of confusion going regarding 5800 so i thought should clarify some doubts
ok guys 5800 is now available for just 13.5k but at this price nokia has silently removed many things.
1.no extra stylus
2.no pouch
3.no stand
4.no tv out cable
5.no tv out feature as well(ya its true i have confirmed it they have removed the tv out feature)
there is small notice on back of the box saying tv out mode is not supported and inside the box also saying tv out fmode is no longer supported please ignore any settings see the pics
Imageshack - 11092009j
Imageshack - 11092009009

so actually at present there are two versions of this phone available one which is old which has the accesories and tvout feature and the new version which doesnot has it.the new version is the stock from august onwards.so you may be lucky to get a 2-3 months older with all the accesories and tv out feature but depens from where you buy and till there is stock left.as far as the new 5800 is concerned all those accesories and tv out feature is removed but what they have added is
1.you get voucher of 100 songs downloadable from nokia music store
2.3months of voice navigation is still there
3.newer firmware v30 out of the box

so just check out before you buy 5800 box and if you are lucky you might get one older stock with all accesories.

thank very much...!!! you have cleared all the doubts...!!!:hap2:

kekerode said:
Audio is loud and clear. Quality is OK.

IMHO watching videos is not good as iTouch bcoz screen feels colorless compared to iTouch and screen ratio is accordig 4:3 or 16:9 i guess.

No comment about smart phone capability as I m Windows Mobile fan :D

And at last touch is good ... not so good if u do SMS lot.

Better wait for new model from nokia :eek:hyeah:

i completely disagree to the smsing part, it all depends how wel u can adapt to it , with T9 its even easier.

Got the phone few minutes ago for 14.7k[12.5 % VAT] at the mobile store.I was lucky to get older stock all accessories included at the same reduced price:bleh:
Dont go to NPD they are charging 17.5k for older model and 14.5k for newer ones [w/o acce and tv out feature]:mad:
Anyone who has this model can tell me the screen cover on the cell has those media icons sticker which i didn't like it..Do I have to buy another better screen cover and remove this one?

Lack of tv out ..hmm .. not so sure how worthy is it.. This is the least used feature for me since i gone through various phones which supported it ..Its handy one though..

I think nokia has just gone ahead and removed the accessories to reduce the price... I doubt they will have two separate hardware and software versions of the 5800 just for something as trivial as TV out. So my guess is the new 5800's will support TV out , but they wont have the TV out cable in the box.

Someone with a new Nokia 5800 should confirm this by using a TV out cable and see if it connects.
sahilshah1987 said:
There is lots of confusion going regarding 5800 so some clarification needed:

Guys 5800 is now available for just 13.5k but at this price nokia has silently removed many things.
1.no extra stylus
2.no pouch
3.no stand
4.no tv out cable
5.no tv out feature as well(ya its true I have confirmed it saw the box contents of those manufactured before aug and one after august)
There is small notice on back of the box saying tv out mode is not supported and inside the box also saying tv out mode is no longer supported please ignore any settings see the pics
Imageshack - 11092009j
Imageshack - 11092009009

So actually at present there are two versions of this phone available one which is old which has the accessories and tv out feature and the new version which doesn't has it.
The new version is the stock from august onwards.
So you may be lucky to get a 2-3 months older with all the accessories and tv out feature but depends from where you buy and till there is stock left.
As far as the new 5800 is concerned all those accessories and tv out feature is removed but what they have added :

1.you get voucher of 100 songs downloadable from nokia music store [Who wants it? ]
2.3months of voice navigation is still there [wow people are smart they use google maps open source]
3.newer firmware v30 out of the box [ people are intelligent enough to update firmware themselves lol]
Clever Nokia!!

So just check out before you buy 5800 box and if you are lucky you might get one older stock with all accessories.
Yes I got lucky and mentioned in below post ;)

I am dead 100 % sure newer ones august onwards they don't support tv out feature.Nokia dealers themselves told me they have removed this to balance the reduced prices.

Back