Is 5800 @ 13.5k a very good VFM

Since you already bought the phone , why dont you try connecting it using a borrowed tv out cable ? Then we'll know for sure..

sahilshah1987 said:
I am dead 100 % sure newer ones august onwards they don't support tv out feature.Nokia dealers themselves told me they have removed this to balance the reduced prices.

^ I, for one, really feel that if the TV-out was the reason for the high price, then I'm not going to miss it that much. An extra stylus would have been handy though.

raymasky said:
Since you already bought the phone , why dont you try connecting it using a borrowed tv out cable ? Then we'll know for sure..

I brought from the older stock so tv out feature obviously works for me.Just checked the tv out feature works charm,glad i got the older one after searching for 2 days.
People have confirmed in other forums who had brought from august stock-no tv out feature.

Hmmm..thats funny. But i'm sure there will be some way to flash the firmware from the old 5800 onto the new TV out disabled one by just changing the "Product " code.

Nokia had done the same thing with the music edition phones (if you remember the N70 and the N73 ) both had standard + music editions. But the hardware was the same and it was only a different version of the software.

I had myself flashed a Music edition firmware onto a standard N73 by changing the product code and was using it without problems.

Guess we have to wait and see if something like this is possible with the new 5800.. or if the new 5800 really has different hardware without the tv out function too (which i doubt).

sahilshah1987 said:
I brought from the older stock so tv out feature obviously works for me.Just checked the tv out feature works charm,glad i got the older one after searching for 2 days.
People have confirmed in other forums who had brought from august stock-no tv out feature.

grkatta said:
Brought 5800 yesterday for 13,650 in Mangalore.
Sennheiser PMX60 neckband headphone ( MRP 2,290) free with this

What never heard about this...!!!
this offer is available only in that specific store or everywhere...??
please let me know...its urgent...

Raider123 said:
What never heard about this...!!!
this offer is available only in that specific store or everywhere...??
please let me know...its urgent...

Just now called the nokia priority dealer and confirmed the offer...it is indeed true...phone + Sennheiser PMX60 are available for 13.5k....I cannot imagine how good the deal is....!!!!!!!!!! guys hurry the offer is valid only for limited time....:hap2:

P.S --> Sorry for sounding like a Nokia Salesman...:rofl:

foruamit2004 said:
^^^ dude which location?? anyone from hyderabad confirmed the prices/pmx60 offer at any shop/dealer?? please give the details here :p..

See the scrolling message at the top of the page "http://www.xpressmusic.in/Terms.aspx"

It should be available with all the Nokia Priority shops...:hap2:

This offer is too tempting. How much do u guys think I'll have to pay if I exchange my N78 (in excellent condition, under warranty) and get a 5800?

i just booked one when i went for window shopping at The Mobile Store for 13.7k.

got the older version with all the accessories!!

btw,does the new 5800(with full accessories) come without the tv stand and tv out cable?

@lilboy..the nokia priority dealer(kerala) at my place does not have the 13.5k deal with free headphone but they are selling the older version(with full accessories)for 14.5k

Back