Budget 10-15K Is a Redmi Note 10 Pro Max for 11k a good deal?

Rezep

Adept
Might be a bit offtopic but I didn't want to make a new thread

Is a used redmi note 10 pro max 8gb/128gb for around 11k good? Found it on olx

edit :- Oops seems mods made a new thread for me sorry! :p

Last edited:
Might be a bit offtopic but I didn't want to make a new thread

Why not spend a little extra and get a new device with 5G? Something like the Poco M4 Pro 5G, if you like MIUI.
Keep aside the AMOLED display on Note 10, and it's better in every way: it's got a better CPU, better battery backup, 5G n all. The 6/128GB can be had for around 14K. I've used this device, and 5G speeds were mind-boggling on it (60–70 MBps downlink).

Why not spend a little extra and get a new device with 5G? Something like the Poco M4 Pro 5G, if you like MIUI.
Keep aside the AMOLED display on Note 10, and it's better in every way: it's got a better CPU, better battery backup, 5G n all. The 6/128GB can be had for around 14K. I've used this device, and 5G speeds were mind-boggling on it (60–70 MBps downlink).
This is the reason why I've posted here so knowledgeable members can help out
I know absolutely nothing about phones so I really appreciate your reply. How's the camera on the phone? I'm buying for a relative who works as a barber so colors, clarity of photos and videos are important. And would 6gb be enough for the next 3-5 years? Nothing much aside from social media

Camera comparison shows the poco m4 pro 5g to be a bit lacking in detail, user I'm buying for isn't gonna game at all

Last edited:
One thing to note with Redmi/Xiaomi phones is to unlock bootloader you need to create a Mi account using a phone no., wait 1 week and then unlock it. If buying a used phone, it might already be linked to someone else's Mi account, so will have to be unlinked first.

Keep aside the AMOLED display on Note 10...
and 5G speeds were mind-boggling on it (60–70 MBps downlink).
Will you really need or feel the difference between 4G vs 5G speeds? I mean the most data you will download is if you're streaming videos, and even 4G is overkill for that. If you're travelling outside of big cities, you might not even get 5G.
AMOLED screen on the other hand will make everything look better all the time and less irritating at night. But I might be biased here since I haven't bought a non AMOLED screen in over a decade now.

One thing to note with Redmi/Xiaomi phones is to unlock bootloader you need to create a Mi account using a phone no., wait 1 week and then unlock it. If buying a used phone, it might already be linked to someone else's Mi account, so will have to be unlinked first.
I won't be doing any sort of flashing on rooting on the phone (I don't even remember how anymore or why I even tried years ago) so a bootloader is the last thing I'm looking for in a phone (plus the phone is for someone else)
outside of big cities, you might not even get 5G
I don't think 5g is even widespread within tier one cities yet too, there are certain deadzones in bangalore afaik. But from what I've heard atleast 5g provides some network stability unlike 4g which you can't tell when it will be a bit fast or slow. 5G would be beyond what my relative needs anyways

I think the note 10 pro max might be the best option, just have to verify and check the bill and imei and run some tests on the device

Camera comparison shows the poco m4 pro 5g to be a bit lacking in detail, user I'm buying for isn't gonna game at all
The camera was something I didn't like much on the Poco M4 Pro 5G. Everything else was fine.

Camera-wise, the Note 10 Pro Max that you're talking about looks better.

Since you're getting it from OLX, you must ask the seller if the phone's screen was damaged and replaced with an aftermarket non-AMOLED one while in his possession. I am telling this from a past dealing on OLX where the seller didn't mention in his ad that the phone's screen was damaged and replaced with an inferior quality aftermarket screen, which I only knew after meeting in person.

You can use the Display Tester app to check if it still has an AMOLED screen. Refer here for instructions.

The camera was something I didn't like much on the Poco M4 Pro 5G. Everything else was fine.

Camera-wise, the Note 10 Pro Max that you're talking about looks better.

Since you're getting it from OLX, you must ask the seller if the phone's screen was damaged and replaced with an aftermarket non-AMOLED one while in his possession. I am telling this from a past dealing on OLX where the seller didn't mention in his ad that the phone's screen was damaged and replaced with an inferior quality aftermarket screen, which I only knew after meeting in person.

You can use the Display Tester app to check if it still has an AMOLED screen. Refer here for instructions.
Thanks alot man, I will do that for sure. Is there any other apps that I can use to test everything on the phone? I know that I can do a CIT Test by going to the kernel version in settings and that will help test if everything is working fine on the phone. Is there any other useful tool I can use? I really appreciate the help thank you

Thanks alot man, I will do that for sure. Is there any other apps that I can use to test everything on the phone? I know that I can do a CIT Test by going to the kernel version in settings and that will help test if everything is working fine on the phone. Is there any other useful tool I can use? I really appreciate the help thank you
Battery health can be checked with the AccuBattery app. You might need to fully charge (0–100) the battery atleast once with the app installed to accurately estimate the current battery capacity.

i am a user of redmi note 10 pro max(6/128gb) for around eight months. i bought it for 14.5k at mi.com. am not a gamer though for daily usage it is very good phone. battery backup in normal usage it comes around 2.5 to 3 days. i unlocked BL and rooted. installed MIUI based custom rom with leica camera app(has many options to play with). i tuned the display and sound with kernel auditor. i compared my RN10P max screen with samsung phone amoled screen(same pics and vids). samsung looks so dullo_O. i even connected my phone to LG PLED 55" smart tv my phone screen display looks sharper and brighter. after installing gcam photos came well in daylight and somewhat better in night shots. selfie shots were looks good atleast for me. only major issue is proximity sensor. sometimes it works sometimes don't even after software update. all connectivities(4g, calls, ir blaster, bluetooth, wifi, screen cast, etc.,) till now no problems faced. only drawback is no 5G other than that everything is good.
download "device info hw" app from playstore to verify full hardware id details.

Last edited:
At that price I think there are probably older flagships that will have better performance, hardware and cameras, but I haven't used a Redmi Note 10 Pro Max, so I can't say for sure. Looking on OLX, I can see OnePlus 6/6T/7 for 11-15k, and those had pretty decent cameras. You can also get a Poco F1 for under 10k these days (sometimes even as low as 6k), and IIRC with GCam it made for a pretty good camera.

If colors and camera is your main concern, you should go ahead with redmi note 10 pro.
One thing about redmi is that they tend to act a bit sluggish over the time, but that can be fixed with custom rom.
Camera is very very decent considering the price you are buying it for.

Thanks guys! The notifications keep on breaking for me so I did not notice any of the new replies. Got a redmi note 10 pro max 6/128 for 9k! I did all the checks, Imei, he had the box as well, seems like he had a tough time selling it to cashify and stuff due to the bill being lost along with the amazon account (wasn't that well literate with tech). Screen was indeed original along with everything else.

Back