Is Aadhar and mobile linking mandatory

Hi there...can anyone help me with this adhar and mobile linking stuff ....docomo is sending messages regd. linking both. The reason why I am having doubt is the case is still subjudice and in case the SC says aadhar need not be all in one document..what will happen to the details provided by me...will it be blocked by the telecom operator..since chances of misuse are very high....Also any link which specifically states Aadhar is the only document ...would be very helpful

SC verdicts are expected around November. But based on their track record I don't have high hopes. Last date for mobile-aadhaar linking is Feb so no harm in waiting till then.

Note that this is a different context compared to linking Aadhar to govt subsidies and programs where court verdict is still pending.

Aadhar authentication for mobile phone is being pushed by the courts. This is being mandated as part of an attempt to clean out unverified users of pre-paid sims.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...haar-within-one-year/articleshow/56997256.cms

Just a few days back, the SC summoned the govt to give an update on its status in which the govt updated that all new sims are being issued with Aadhar authentication and the authentication of the older sims would be completed soon.

Given that the court s are trying to expedite this outcome, you can expect all unauthenticated sims to be shut down at the end of this year.

Last edited:
Lol, it's real funny what honeypreet and ram rahim's gang did to get around govt. 'monitoring'.

1. Set up a whatsapp group using new mobile numbers to install whatsapp.
2. Turn those numbers off.
3. Keep using whatsapp...

Lol, it's real funny what honeypreet and ram rahim's gang did to get around govt. 'monitoring'.

1. Set up a whatsapp group using new mobile numbers to install whatsapp.
2. Turn those numbers off.
3. Keep using whatsapp...
Don't worry soon whatsapp to mobile calls will be available and it will be solved for whatsapp atleast

any person with criminal intentions would be able to find ways around it. i am sure there will be many poor folk selling their identities for money just like laundering money during demonetization.

the erp login of my department head from my last job was operated by his pa (who was contract staff btw) because he doesn't know how to use computers too well and so she was the one who would put in budget and bill approvals etc. that is the level of data privacy in india.

The fact of the matter remains that the Govt is blatantly violating SC directives and is in fact in contempt of court rulings, not just one but several.

I have refused to link my Aadhaar details with banks or mobile numbers and will wait to see what the hearings in November hold.

The SC has NOT issued any order to the government to mandate the linking of Aadhaar for services and the Govt itself has submitted on record that no citizen shall be deprived for the want of Aadhaar.. yet the Govt had shrewdly taken advantage of legal terminology as well as played the SC weakness of not expeditiously hearing matters in order to force various institutions to compulsorily link it.

However various conscious media outlets have constantly posted articles to educate people that they can challenge banks and other providers on forced Aadhaar linkage

Note that this is a different context compared to linking Aadhar to govt subsidies and programs where court verdict is still pending.

Aadhar authentication for mobile phone is being pushed by the courts. This is being mandated as part of an attempt to clean out unverified users of pre-paid sims.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...haar-within-one-year/articleshow/56997256.cms

Just a few days back, the SC summoned the govt to give an update on its status in which the govt updated that all new sims are being issued with Aadhar authentication and the authentication of the older sims would be completed soon.

Given that the court s are trying to expedite this outcome, you can expect all unauthenticated sims to be shut down at the end of this year.
Feb 2018 AFAIK.

Aadhar linking to become fully automated

People will need to go to the websites of telecom service providers (TSPs) or call up their phone helplines for getting a onetime password (OTP) to link their SIM to Aadhaar from December 1, in a process that will be totally automated and without any human intervention.

These two ways of verifying one’s SIM to Aadhaar have been approved by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) now. Earlier, the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) had proposed that citizens could also do the linking through OTP on sending as SMS to a number provided by the telecom operator but UIDAI did not find the same “safe”, and has proposed that the linking must be done by generating an OTP either by logging onto the TSP’s website or placing a call to the latter’s phone helpline, a senior government official told ET. Also, one needs to have a mobile number registered with Aadhaar to go through either of the two processes – or you will need to first visit an Aadhaar Centre to update your mobile number in Aadhaar records.

Back