Is Amazon becoming like Flopkart or even worse?

Maybe not as bad as Flipkart yet, but the good customer service that Amazon got known for, is gone.

I've lost deliveries because they "handed over to a security guard", without my permission. They've been lost, costumer service just doesn't talk to customers for this purpose. The only solution they give is "delivery feedback". Even a delivery feedback of 1 star , "not delivered" is not enough for Amazon to do any refund / trigger delivery again.

Luckily it's been low cost goods that had this problem, but it is pretty serious.

but the good customer service that Amazon got known for, is gone.
It's gone, I felt the same in these 3 weeks. The customer service keeps transferring the call or chat to some other "special team" often, but nobody resolves issues.
Earlier they used to resolve the issues, but now most of the times, it is just sorry and thanks for being prime member.

Maybe not as bad as Flipkart yet, but the good customer service that Amazon got known for, is gone.

It's gone, I felt the same in these 3 weeks. The customer service keeps transferring the call or chat to some other "special team" often, but nobody resolves issues.
Earlier they used to resolve the issues, but now most of the times, it is just sorry and thanks for being prime member.
Ditto.
Very recently I got a counterfeit electronic product... after banging head with customer care for almost 3-4 weeks, i had to escalated the matter, sent a mail to cs-reply@amazon with all details and all chat transcription. then only they took matter seriously and initiated refund.

Then we have crackheads like this. OP apparently kept the ps5 with him for a month before opening lmao. But seems more like he's trying to get a refund after realising a 50k emi plan is too much. I can't imagine the number of genuine cases versus the absolute frauds that they're getting everyday.
Wtf, the audacity of this fellow.
Bcz of many such frauds happening, they already stopped returnable feature and also restricted replacement feature.
Once a guy in reddit tried to justify such fraud saying, "we are not rich like u".

Corrected.
I am definitely now skeptical to buy big items in Amazon.
It had similar offer on Croma yesterday, I should have ordered there. Now croma too increased price anyway.

Maybe this is Nature's way of saying I shouldn't buy G29 :banghead:
I sold my G29 sometime ago for Rs 18k

I have never faced any major issue with Amazon so far that they didn’t resolve after contacting their support staff.

Yes, they cancelled many of my orders because I bought the items at more than 90% discount.
Many orders were return to seller without any delivery attempt.

But imo it’s okay as long as I didn’t lose any money in it.

Why does this happen? In my case, because of incorrect listing price or a wrong discount coupon is applied. Amazon has millions of products and sometimes a few products get listed at wrong price because of seller’s mistake. If it is caught early then they cancel the orders the next day but in case order ships before cancellation, then they recall the package before delivery. If this happens then you can keep contacting Amazon but nobody is going to help you. Once package is returned, it’s returned.

And sometimes product gets delivered before they were able to recall. So, it’s a cat and mouse game. Sometimes they win and sometimes we win but when we didn’t win, we at least don’t lose any money.

For example, I bought a laptop worth 3L for 300 rs, order cancelled. Bought atta chakki for 500 rs, order cancelled. Bought 3 x Bosch drill set for 10 rs each, recalled from my city. Bought mixer juice grinder for 1 rs, recalled. There are many of such orders. But I received many orders too. Like bought 4 x seagate 2TB external HDD for 500 rs each, got it. Bought 5 x Phillips headphones for 10-20 rs each. Bought 40 x Raymonds shirts for 10 rs each. Bought 3 x comforter at 10 rs each. Got 10 x Levi's jeans for 150 rs each. 6 x blowers for 10 rs each. 4 x Logitech bluetooth speakers and 6 x wireless keyboards for 20-30 rs each. There are many such orders which got delivered too.

Last edited:
Corrected.
I am definitely now skeptical to buy big items in Amazon.
It had similar offer on Croma yesterday, I should have ordered there. Now croma too increased price anyway.

Maybe this is Nature's way of saying I shouldn't buy G29 :banghead:
There is one selling in the classifieds section for 18k. IMO buying any hobby hardware used is always a good idea because you don't know if you'll go all in on this hobby or not.

I am too waiting to get my refund from Amazon for a returned item a week ago which appario sold as being brand new but was rather a used item and all cables from inside were missing even power cable and item being antec hcg1000 for which there was a post there and i ordered it as appario was the seller....and i checked the product a day after return window was closed and i raised the complaint immediately and it was accepted and inquiry was setup and then after 5 days of complaint being raised it was concluded that outcome was positive and return was created but still waiting for refund though.

Why does this happen? In my case, because of incorrect listing price or a wrong discount coupon is applied. Amazon has millions of products and sometimes a few products get listed at wrong price because of seller’s mistake. If it is caught early then they cancel the orders the next day but in case order ships before cancellation, then they recall the package before delivery. If this happens then you can keep contacting Amazon but nobody is going to help you. Once package is returned, it’s returned.

And sometimes product gets delivered before they were able to recall. So, it’s a cat and mouse game. Sometimes they win and sometimes we win but when we didn’t win, we at least don’t lose any money.

For example, I bought a laptop worth 3L for 300 rs, order cancelled. Bought atta chakki for 500 rs, order cancelled. Bought 3 x Bosch drill set for 10 rs each, recalled from my city. Bought mixer juice grinder for 1 rs, recalled. There are many of such orders. But I received many orders too. Like bought 4 x seagate 2TB external HDD for 500 rs each, got it. Bought 5 x Phillips headphones for 10-20 rs each. Bought 40 x Raymonds shirts for 10 rs each. Bought 3 x comforter at 10 rs each. Got 10 x Levi's jeans for 150 rs each. 6 x blowers for 10 rs each. 4 x Logitech bluetooth speakers and 6 x wireless keyboards for 20-30 rs each. There are many such orders which got delivered too.

I think your comparison here is wrong wrt my scenario. I didn't pay Rs.25 for the Logitech product, it's Rs.25,500. During sales period, it is often priced at Rs.25,000-27,000 depending on their own factors.
So, what might have happened in my case with amazon, is not pricing error that happened in your case.
I wouldn't mind if Amazon allows me to pay Rs.25 for that product and takes it back without delivering.

But imo it’s okay as long as I didn’t lose any money in it.
It is NOT. Refunding money is a basic thing and doesn't need to be fought for when the company doesn't deliver your product. It's the responsibility of the company to give it back, no matter what.

However, the card discounts and lightning deal discounts are much higher during sales time. Once the sale is over, customer has no other option other than paying extra to buy it or worst case, wait for next sale. This is the real problem and sadness, otherwise if sale was still going on, just order again and prob solved (considering discount exists).

Last edited:
I think scams with Amazon have increased, just today received a mail from amazon.in "Watch out for recent scam tactics", probably there are lot of scams happening nowadays, significantly more after covid due to increase in online shopping, UP police are also involved in combating the scams, according to the email received today.

I hadn't faced any issue with amazon for a long time.
the Customer service Staff dealt with every matter diligently and I'd always received satisfactory service.
But recently, they cancelled my order on the day of delivery, and I was super pissed off.
I waited for 6-8 days for the delivery and the on the day of delivery I receive a message saying Your order has been cancelled.

Upon enquiring they covered up saying "we can't deliver Damaged products to you, so we cancelled."
they could've extended the Time of delivery and sent a different set to me. I had to replace another Order and wait for another week.
Amazon is indeed working like a preschooler lmao. Without caring at all about consumer dissatisfaction.

Back