Is Ambrith at Koti Trustworthy for modding xbox 360's

Hi Friends & members

Today i took my new xbox 360 arcade (jasper) to ambrith at koti, hyderabad for getting it modded as i couldnt do it myself coz i never tried fiddling with the 360 & didnt want to risk it. when i took it to him, the guy at 12 pm, the guy at the counter said it will take time & will return at 5 pm today, when i told him that i wanted to be in front & want to see it getting flashed, he said they dont do it at the store & they take it to another place where his bro flashes it as its too risky to be done at the shop.

When i told him that its a jasper & could be a liteon drive & asked him to flash it with iXtreme LT, 1st he argued that he will do it with Jungleflasher as the FW :eek:hyeah:

I argued & said that JF is a tool used to extract the fw from the drive & the hacked fw is iXtreme & most probably u'll do it with iXtreme 1.6, so he made a call & made me talk to his brother who does the flashing part & he said he'll look into it, but now the counter guy said that it will take more time & will return my console in the night as it will require testing on the new fw.. i got suspicious & told him to flash with the 1.6 instead.
Dear Members, is he trustworthy coz i doubt him coz of his stupidity regarding firmwares, & i dont want to get back a faulty console with a rigged motherboard, has anyone of you gone to him for modding your xbox 360's??

Please reply soon & do tell me is it possible that i can change to LT from 1.5 later

Regards

Maverick_12210

i have been in hyd..for quite 3 years..
and have dealed with ...........ambrit..
trust me he will take time and u not sure he replace ur stuf..
why dont u do one thing...
u go to Indianvideogamer website there are vendors who will get ur drive to be done in very less cost.
for which you just need to know how to open and send the vendor ur drive he will hardly take 500 bucks for drive with the latest xt mod....
and always think that if ambrit will take care of your warranty sticker .....

my 2 cent on this..and i get my friend console modded..............from bangalore as i live in madhya pradesh...

cheers

thanks a lot anshul & the rest of the members for your replies,

Anshul, the problem is i dont know how to open a 360 & i was suspectible to breaking it hence i took it to ambrith, now that u've told me that you have dealth with him in the past, that gives me a vote of confidence for that guy.
lets hope everything goes fine

Regards,

-=Maverick_12210=-

U should have taken it to ambrith in panjagutta he will mod it in front of you ..

ambrith in koti has hundreds of customers at one point of time hence he will take his own sweet time.

I have experience with him .. and from past experience i can tell that he is a ok type of guy... but one can never be sure.

Here is what nawab of hyderabad will say :p

" He doesn't have competition here so you have no choice :p" isn't that correct :p

let me know, what is the manufacturing date of your console? if it is a june console than there is high probability that your console will have liteon 83850c V1 which takes not more than 15mins to mod. But if your console is after august than your console may have the 83850c v2 or 93450c drive which needs some soldering to extract the key and than flash the firmware which takes bout 2 hours depending on the modders soldering capability.

i guess the manufacturing date was after september so there was a high probabillity of it having the newer liteon drive.

Anyways i got it modded & it costed me Rs 1300 :( - costly price i think (coz he mentioned he had to solder the drive). He mentioned that he had installed the new liteon Lt firmware on it.

Is there a way by which we can check which firmware is installed on the xbox 360 dvd drive??

& another Q - i tried playing assassins creed 2 & FIFA 2010 on my tv - its a very old Colour TV & i could see esp Assassins Creed was very dark & the graphics werent looking that crisp & clear as they should on a xbox 360 game...despite the contrast & brightness settings set to near max.

Could it be because of the OLD TV set & considering its not a HD Tv or even an LCD?

dude my 1 cent on this

which brand TV is urs.also india has not yet came up with 9350 drive..as i am vendor i know better then ...
also all drive in india in launch date was having...normal liteon drive that means he made fool out of you.
anyway you got ur drive modded right so no hussle
also if display is not coming proper check ur tv bcz i have recently i have seen a xbox playing on samsung tv which is around 7 years old .....(samsung piano series) which even dont have proper audio video as it have only 1av....

also check ssetting of your console of pal its 60hz/50hz.
do reply me on case of that as some tv supports only...one of the hz//

cheers
anshul

hi anshul

mine is a SHARP 21 inch TV set, i played around with the game settings & increased the brightness from in-game & that helped a lot & the graphics became significantly better.

Regarding the modding price of Rs 1300 - yeah i still think its very high but unfortunately since i was unwilling to open the xbox 360 myself - it costed me a bit more.

Anyways thanks for your help, & btw, is there any way we can find out which Firmware is running on xbox 360 ?

if drive requires activate disk..........
it 1.60..
now chances.....it could be 1.61 as even it doesnt need activate disk
or xtreme LT>..it could be ..................but really no hint.......

if you can try ssv2 game........during burning disk......you have to patch game with ssv2 which can result on playing online

but i think you are blank about ssv2 stuff so leave it enjoy.
cheers
anshul

I got two xboxes Softmodded at Punjagutta- Ambrit. He did it for 750 each.I think it was 1.60 cuz it needs the activation disk for a lot of games. I think he can be trusted, but you never know when you run out of luck... BTW I need to get one done at Mumbai too.

The guy at Koti's Ambrit is kinda ok...problem is that there will be way too many customers there..so he doesnt give enough time when someone with enough knowledge talks to him...as mentioned earlier here,"He has no competition here, so no option"...nywys, he get the job done...Happy gaming!!

dragon_unleash said:
let me know, what is the manufacturing date of your console? if it is a june console than there is high probability that your console will have liteon 83850c V1 which takes not more than 15mins to mod. But if your console is after august than your console may have the 83850c v2 or 93450c drive which needs some soldering to extract the key and than flash the firmware which takes bout 2 hours depending on the modders soldering capability.

dude ure confusing the DVD Drive manufacture date to be the xbox production date..usually the MFG date of drive is 3 mothes earlier than the production date of the xbox...i have an xbox manufactured in september and it has a liteon 83850v1 produced in june:)

I got my xbox modded in may 2009 costed 1800:mad:
reffered my friend it costed 1500 for him.
I forums here i came to know he does it even for 750..:S
I beleive its his moodswing . for upgrading he denied to do in front of me (500 he was charging ).Asked me to do signature on the board...
My personal experience is not very good with him.
They only talk to customer well for first time from next time ..they even dun bother about ur problem.

Yeah, he's ur typical computer market shopkeeper.

Limited knowledge, does what he's supposed to well. Can bargain with him easily. Don't expect any support or service later !

importantly: He's the only one modding consoles in Hyderabad....

... BTW, I'm talking about Ambrit Punjagutta, not Ambrit Koti .. Though the two are brothers or something !

the ambrit panjagutta guy will do it infront of you or you can ask the in IMAX,below the stairs,he will get it done as well

Back