Is Galaxy Ace worth Buying in terms of Apps and Specs??

mack_ind

Disciple
Hello all.
I am looking forward to get Galaxy Ace by next week but few of my friends have suggested me that the phone is not so good when it comes to apps and also they do have some problem in updation as well.
Is it right?
If right, then what other options are there to go for.

If you are interested in rooting and flashing ROM's on your device then better get Defy+
It's a rock solid phone just like its Predecessor :)

A90 and A100 don't really have any ROM support as of now
Only thing you can do with these phone's is just root them,but there is a possibility in the future

If you are interested in rooting and flashing ROM's on your device then better get Defy+
It's a rock solid phone just like its Predecessor :)

A90 and A100 don't really have any ROM support as of now
Only thing you can do with these phone's is just root them,but there is a possibility in the future

Yep, Samsung Ace will get tired if you start fiddling custom ROM's in it better get some HTC (Works solid on Custom ROMs) or have a Look at Live with the Walkman if your concern is Music

What I meant was, once Sammy and Apple launch their new phones they will revise the prices of their existing models so you may benefit from it.
As for Iphone, I never liked it anyway :p

oh..I may wait for the revised price so that I may be benefited by that and Do you think any changes would come in market share of samsung after it lost to apple?

- - - Updated - - -

The best choices would be Xperia U, Motorola Defy+, or the new Micromax A90/100

I have never liked micromax.....Xperia U can be a good option for me.

Yeah,,,I got to have a look at LG Optimus L3 and L7 yesterday....Though L7 was a bit out of my budget, so do you think it's worth getting?
They too have just a single core Cortex A5 processor which are pretty bad (Same SOC as the Micromax A100) So its pointless to shell out so much for them.

Better stick to the Xperia U. Its an excellent option in the budget. The dual core Cortex A9 processor + Mali 400 GPU makes it the most powerful phone in the sub 15k range.

Get one V or Xperia U , dont go for Ace , the screen is crappy HVGA and i tried friend's ace , it lags badly on stock rom .
i would suggest not to buy Defy also since Motorola is shutting down its operations in India and soon new handsets will stop coming here , and after sales quality may also degrade.

but i dont think the battery life of the xperia u would be good enough considering its only a 1200 Mh battery and that too with dual core processor

It has a 1320 mAh battery. The Sola also use the same SoC and battery and users report decent battery life. So the Xperia U which has a even smaller screen should be on par or slightly better.The SoC, Novathor U8500 is pretty energy efficient.

It has a 1320 mAh battery. The Sola also use the same SoC and battery and users report decent battery life. So the Xperia U which has a even smaller screen should be on par or slightly better.The SoC, Novathor U8500 is pretty energy efficient.

i asked at the mobile store..when i asked them will the battery life last a day?.....he said.....it'll last till evening..!!

i asked at the mobile store..when i asked them will the battery life last a day?.....he said.....it'll last till evening..!!
Sorry to sound rude. Then why ask in the forums which mobile to buy, instead of the sales rep @ mobile store?

Sales people will say a 1000 things to sell a mobile that gets them higher margin. If you keep watching videos or use 3G web browsing all the time then most mobile phone batteries will drain out in 6hrs - 8 hrs.

I will tag @Dark Star touzeen who owns the Xperia U. Let them give you a user prespective on practical battery life of the phone.

http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-previews/sony-xperia-u-review-132339/

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't own Xperia U instead I own Sola which is mostly the same with added screen size, microsd and NFC. So my conclusion should hold its value for both Sola and U.

Battery is decent with a full charge you get more than a day with medium usage (2g/wifi on most of the time, music , some reading and such ) however if you plan to play games battery will drain faster.

Other than that its a great phone just hoping that Sony will push the ICS update soon.

@Dark Star

Hows the volume on the ear piece? i am hearing a lot of people complaining low volume to the extent of not being able to hear the person on the other end

is there a lag when you slide to answer a phone call. (phone still ringing even after slide )

i came across this video, this guy bought it on flipkart . any such unresponsive touch screen issues?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Volume is fine, no hearing issues.

1. No lag as usual , the phone runs very fast.

3. An electronic equipment can go crazy any time, you can't blame whole series for one defect :p

There is only one issue, but that happens one out of five times, the phone sound o/p stops if you receive a call while listening to music (using bundled earphones) which is likely to be sorted with ICS. (Already reported )

oh..I may wait for the revised price so that I may be benefited by that and Do you think any changes would come in market share of samsung after it lost to apple?

Bah, eff apple, I don't give a 4 letter S word to Pineapple guys planning to sue all its customers for jailbreaking their phones after winning the Samsung case, some time in future Pineapple may sue itself for madly suing everybody in the world and win the case too!

Not to mention Samsung has sued pineapple for limiting the market choice of end customers by sh*tting, I mean suing everyone - Samsung: Apple trying to limit consumer choice - Yahoo! Finance

And here is what the headlines will look like "Multi Billionaire Firm sues itself for fun!"

There is a galaxy ace and the htc one v in my family.The only part where the galaxy wins over the htc is the gpsand thats because the internet sometimes stops working and hence the gps is rendered useless.The internet works again only after rebooting.The htc wins on every other aspect.The sound output is also great,the display looks very clear and the OS doesnt feel cheap like in the case of the galaxy.It has beats audio(you dont get beats headphones with it) The camera of my blackberry curve(2 mega pixel) is better than that of the galaxy and the htc's camera is just perfect.It records video in 720! I would definately suggest the one v.

but i dont think the battery life of the xperia u would be good enough considering its only a 1200 Mh battery and that too with dual core processor

is there any problem associated with the battery life of Xperis U..I am aware of the battery problem with android sets so is it the same with Sony sets as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I just bought HTC One V for a backup ph, and I am impressed with the build quality and camera. Ordered from HS18 for 16k, and comes with 8gb free mmc. Worth it

oh..HTC looks to be a preferred choice and what about the A/s sales of the same...

- - - Updated - - -

Is anyone aware of the difference in between the different models of samsung galaxy Ace..

^

Surprising that even after so many people here advised against the crappy Ace, you still interested in it. If you really want it, go ahead and get it if you wanna live with a laggy phone with a pathetic quality screen. And FYI the Ace doesn't have any better battery life than Xperia U. So it wins absolutely nowhere.
Even the One V is a million times better IMO.

As for HTC A.S.S. it's quite decent.

Back