Is Galaxy Ace worth Buying in terms of Apps and Specs??

mack_ind

Disciple
Hello all.
I am looking forward to get Galaxy Ace by next week but few of my friends have suggested me that the phone is not so good when it comes to apps and also they do have some problem in updation as well.
Is it right?
If right, then what other options are there to go for.

Galaxy Ace has low resolution which most of apps may not support, the battery and sound is weak and the updates from samsung are slow. Instead of purchasing Ace you can add bit more money and go for Defy, Defy Plus or Sony Xperia series... or HTC One V (if you want ICS OoB and can add some more money)

Galaxy Ace has low resolution which most of apps may not support, the battery and sound is weak and the updates from samsung are slow. Instead of purchasing Ace you can add bit more money and go for Defy, Defy Plus or Sony Xperia series... or HTC One V (if you want ICS OoB and can add some more money)

Thanks for updating. Now I am thinking to completely move out of Galaxy Ace.
I heard sony xperia series doesn't have good interface.

HTC = Hardcore Hardware, runs smooth on Custom ROM's
Samsung & Custom ROM's could be like whipping a dead horse.

Ace is a good choice for its price, but personally I wouldn't buy it as others said it has poor screen res and poor battery.

IMO wait till mid/end September as Note 2 & Iphone 5 or 4SX or 4SS (whatever that **** is) will be launched and prices will be slashed down.

Depends on personal Choice, but you can always flash AOSP or AOKP roms available for your phones

I don't think AOSP makes much difference as compared to normals roms and even aosp websites are too tricky to understand all the stuffs.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say avoid Ace/Ace plus/Duos. Poor screen and pretty much everything else is bad as well.

Get Xperia Mini/Mini pro/Live with Walkman/Defy/Defy+

I am also thinking to get Xperia Mini but since I haven't used sony products till date so I am bit concerned about the A/S services of the same..

HTC = Hardcore Hardware, runs smooth on Custom ROM's
Samsung & Custom ROM's could be like whipping a dead horse.

Ace is a good choice for its price, but personally I wouldn't buy it as others said it has poor screen res and poor battery.

IMO wait till mid/end September as Note 2 & Iphone 5 or 4SX or 4SS (whatever that **** is) will be launched and prices will be slashed down.
I am also concerned about the battery life of Ace thats why thought to made every point cleat before I made my final decision.
As far as Iphone 5 or Note 2 are concerned, they are bit out of my budget.
My budget is somewhere 12-15k.

I don't think AOSP makes much difference as compared to normals roms and even aosp websites are too tricky to understand all the stuffs.

- - - Updated - - -

I am also thinking to get Xperia Mini but since I haven't used sony products till date so I am bit concerned about the A/S services of the same..

Sony Live with the Walkman is a good basic walkman + Android phone. The sound is REAL good (On speakers, and in the earphones as well). Am not sure of the gaming performance (lag etc.,) as I don't play games on the phone :). Friend's wife has this phone and if you are looking for a music player phone, get this one ;)

I said AOSP (AOSP here means Stock) and AOKP because if someone wants to avoid Manufacturer's UI like Timescape, touchwiz or blur and you don't need to go and read AOSP forums. XDA provides it for the device.

Getting Defy would be a bit tricky for me as the after services of motorolla are way too bad,,,You can hardly find any service center of theirs...
I haven't personally experienced the Motorola After sales service so can't comment on it but no idea who has spread rumors about bad support?
ps: my defy is a year old and it has caused zero issues till date :)

I am also concerned about the battery life of Ace thats why thought to made every point cleat before I made my final decision.
As far as Iphone 5 or Note 2 are concerned, they are bit out of my budget.
My budget is somewhere 12-15k.

What I meant was, once Sammy and Apple launch their new phones they will revise the prices of their existing models so you may benefit from it.
As for Iphone, I never liked it anyway :p

Getting Defy would be a bit tricky for me as the after services of motorolla are way too bad,,,You can hardly find any service center of theirs...
I have defy too... and experience with service center is not bad at all... actually my battery got dead, although I was having custom ROM, service center guys replaced battery with new one and that in 8 days ... how come you call this BAD??? any way I am in mumbai ... may be difference is because of that only ...

If your budget is 12-15K. There's a is whole lot of phones you can consider which are very good.

Sony Xperia U
Huawei Ascend G300
LG L5
Motorola Defy +
HTC One V (You'll have to wait for HS18 Superdeal for that. Avaialble for 14.5K)

Heck, you can go for MMX (Canvas of Pixel) and Spice (Horizon, although you'll have to wait for it) phones if you were willing to go for super-sucky Sammy Ace series!

Back