Is htc Wildfire a good buy over LG P500

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
My budget is under 11k.... unwilling to stretch it further. Also interested in an Android. I have been a Nokia user for the past 10 years [tried sony ericson just once]. My current phone is Nokia E61i and was going in for Nokia E5 ...... when I thought of Android's.

I am aware that htc phone has a mediocre battery life. Apart from this fact I have narrowed my choice to HTC Wildfire [not the Wildfire S - as it's too expensive for the additional features].

LG Optimus P500 & Samsung Galaxy 3 were other considerations. I do not want a slider phone.

Dell XCD 35 or LG Optimus One P500 is the best in your budget.
Wildfire has mediocre specs compared to P500.
Slower processor, lesser RAM, smaller battery, half the screen resolution but still cost ~1.5k more than the P500!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

LG Optimus One P500 vs. HTC Wildfire - GSMArena.com

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

LG Optimus One P500 vs. Dell XCD35 - GSMArena.com

Newer Dell XCD35 seems to have 512MB RAM. One advantage of XCD35 over P500 is the 3.5" 480*800 screen compared to 3.2" 320*480 screen of the P500.
But P500 will get official Gingerbread upgrade whereas the XCD35 might be stuck with Froyo

Have had the opportunity to use both the sets in question and have to admit the O1 wins this one. The HTC gives you a premium feel but that is were it ends. The screen res is a major MAJOR downer.

Wildfire is a definite no go! one of my friend has it and it is really really slow!! angry birds is barely playable on it with pathetic frame rates, no pinch to zoom in game :( P500 is much better! it feels faster! better screen as well! it lacks on the camera front!! still i'd say go for LG

Galaxy 3? That's too Old. I would recommend Samsung Galaxy Fit S (being a sammy fan), but after seeing a LOT of TE users suggesting p500 based on personal experience (that's a great PLUS for p500), Optimus One seems appropriate.
NO WILDFIRE. If you really need a flash, spend 4k more and get, wild fire S.

Get the ZTE Blade / XCD35.

True story: A friend bought a Wildfire. I showed him my Blade. Should have clicked a pic of him going all red with envy with my big sharp masculine display :p

Cost me atleast 4k less than him too.

Now that's whats called bang for the buck :eek:hyeah:

Thanks so much guys already for your fair & unbiased feedback. I have been checking the tech reports at gsmarena. Now I am still confused

1. Wildfire will be phased out soon in favour of "Wildfire S" [released 2011-May] - the level of customization of LG & Samsung models isn’t even remotely comparable to HTC Sense.

2. I need to carefully go through LG Optimus P500 tech-reports [users at TE have praised it]; BUT will LG phase out this phone soon [It was launched in 2010-Oct].

I am willing to stretch my budget a bit to accomodate currently the best android phone in a below 12.5K budget.

1. Wildfire will be phased out soon in favour of "Wildfire S" [released 2011-May] - the level of customization of LG & Samsung models isn’t even remotely comparable to HTC Sense.

It's already done. Wildfire S sells for 14k, and for the price, I recommend saving 5k and buying the LG O1 for 9k instead.

Next best bet is the XCD 35 @ 10.5k

After XCD 35, the only next phone worth spending on is 15.5k + budget Moto Defy.

For 12.5K (revised budget) - can't the OP go for Wildfire S?
@teja92 - what's wrong with Wildfire S?
BTW, I hate HTC like s***! All their mobile are OVERpriced. Too much expensive. For what? - SENSE UI.
I do know that, SENSE UI does wonders to any OS. But hey, this is ANDROID, not WM6.5. If not Sense UI, there are A LOT more great launchers (GoLauncher, LauncherPro etc.,) to make the UI snappy.

Apart from screen and camera every features are eithr less than or equal to lg optimus one.. Best thing in optimus one being is that it ll be upgraded to gingerbread soon and its 512 RAM..

its LG P500 all the way... just ordered mine yesterday :|

gr8 going @abhi .... What price did you book it for ? And Could u or anyone else CONFIRM
- The gingerbread upgrade [Would I have do do it later on ..... a firmware upgrade?] & would that be safe

Back