Is it worth getting PS3 from the US?

that's what i am saying.. you like the GoW game.. which is 30GB in size, purchase the game. If you plan to be a freeloader like that then no point in reading my post any further.

How many games one plans to flip flop between ..? and then how much capacity would be good enough..?

I specifically mentioned about recycling stuff on your ps3. If you going to pelt the ps3 with games like that, then even 1TB is going to be far too less.

Keep the Christ out of this for crying out loud, 320GB will be far too less only for a hardcore leecher of games.

^^LOL! How about playing and completing one title at a time?! :p

Not loading the internal drive with all the games at once and playing bit by bit. Oh well that's just me though.

Otherwise yeah the internal drive is never enough. Better still, you can bank on the cheapest deal and get a cheap 500GB 2.5" drive instead. Should save you some bucks that way. Or at least in India.

Desecrator said:
^^LOL! How about playing and completing one title at a time?! :p

Not loading the internal drive with all the games at once and playing bit by bit. Oh well that's just me though.

Otherwise yeah the internal drive is never enough. Better still, you can bank on the cheapest deal and get a cheap 500GB 2.5" drive instead. Should save you some bucks that way. Or at least in India.
exactly my thoughts :) i am better off playing one game at a time, at max a second game for occasions i get tired of playing the first one. So it seems GOW bundle it is. The only decision that i now need to make is whether to invest on the move or not. Thanks again fellas. You have been of great help.

Spacescreamer said:
that's what i am saying.. you like the GoW game.. which is 30GB in size, purchase the game. If you plan to be a freeloader like that then no point in reading my post any further.
How many games one plans to flip flop between ..? and then how much capacity would be good enough..?

I specifically mentioned about recycling stuff on your ps3. If you going to pelt the ps3 with games like that, then even 1TB is going to be far too less.

Keep the Christ out of this for crying out loud, 320GB will be far too less only for a hardcore leecher of games.
Ok i have the GOW 3, GOw collection and UC Series , Ratchet and Clank,Virtua figher etc on Discs too. I made a Backup so that i could sell them off. Do you want a Photo of those CDs with my username to quell your doubts. Dont jump to conclusion without having any concrete facts unless its bad habit of yours in which case i would advice you to get rid of it.
I wouldnt bring christ into it incase its offensive to you , but please extend the favour and not label people with terms like Freeloader as i consider that offensive. I can call you a Freeloader even if you have a Single pirated software/game etc on your machine so its quite a subjective term if you get my drift.

The only point i wanted to make is thats a Size of Drive varies with its usage. For me i store all my Ps3 games on the PS3 instead of Cds and PC Drives as i find it more efficient; so from my POV a bigger drive it advantageous, you have a Different POV which is ok, i just wanted to present a Different perspective.

apextwin146 said:
Ok i have the GOW 3, GOw collection and UC Series , Ratchet and Clank,Virtua figher etc on Discs too. I made a Backup so that i could sell them off. Do you want a Photo of those CDs with my username to quell your doubts. Dont jump to conclusion without having any concrete facts unless its bad habit of yours in which case i would advice you to get rid of it.

I wouldnt bring christ into it incase its offensive to you , but please extend the favour and not label people with terms like Freeloader as i consider that offensive. I can call you a Freeloader even if you have a Single pirated software/game etc on your machine so its quite a subjective term if you get my drift.

The only point i wanted to make is thats a Size of Drive varies with its usage. For me i store all my Ps3 games on the PS3 instead of Cds and PC Drives as i find it more efficient; so from my POV a bigger drive it advantageous, you have a Different POV which is ok, i just wanted to present a Different perspective.
Kid.. i ll wait for you to get sober back again.

Whether you download a backup made by somebody else or you make your own legit ones and sell your games it doesnt matters, because you are doing the same thing either way.

Now if you would read what i posted once more because they still hold true :)

Let's not get into a flame war because concerned people facing the dilemma probably will reach the conclusion by the arguements given.

I bought a 360 from US and still searching for a Power brick offline
So better get a PS3
As it costs less i recommend it
Just go for it

If it's not too much of trouble for you cousin, as an alternative get PS3 160GB from KMart or Sears @ $299 on BackFriday deal both store will bundle Uncharted 2, The Karate Kid Blu-ray, Shooter Downloadable Voucher.

Get the GOW collection(I & II) at $10 from Walmart on BlackFriday deal, FYI Killzone 2 also available at $10

WOW! I didn't think this would run out so long. Ok Dhrubo, here goes.

Basically it's a matter of
* 300 USD vs. 400 USD
* 160 GB vs 320 GB
* No Move vs Move
* Games vs No Games

It's a no brainer in my opinion. The 320 GB Move bundle, no questions asked. Bottom line is you can't escape JB. Eventually you are going to want to give it a shot and once you do there's no coming back. Most of these games are quite big and a lot of them work only on the internal drive. You must also remember that most of these games have a pretty large installation of Game Data (which range from 2 GB to 8 GB). Like Apex mentioned, you can run out of space pretty quickly. Persoanlly, I like having everything ready to go rather than have to install something everytime I want to play, and if you are anything like that, believe me you'll run out of space in no time.

Also remember that for the extra 100, which is at max, about Rs. 4500, you're getting the whole Move bundle. All this put together is still about 6k cheaper than it is in India. Worse comes to Worst, sell of the Move aspect of the bundle here! Just remember that I'm at the head of the queue for it ;)

@Shailesh: That was insightful. I will definitely present this option to my cousin.

@satan: Yeah, I never thought it would get so many replies. I do not think i will play more than one or two game at a time and I am comfortable with juggling the dumps between my ext HDD and PC. With the bundled games at least i can sell them off later to recover some of the cost ;). I will be getting the move pack separately and if i ever decide to sell it off i know whom to contact:eek:hyeah:

Once again thanks everybody for this overwhelming response.

Spacescreamer said:
Kid.. i ll wait for you to get sober back again.

Whether you download a backup made by somebody else or you make your own legit ones and sell your games it doesnt matters, because you are doing the same thing either way.

Now if you would read what i posted once more because they still hold true :)
Let's not get into a flame war because concerned people facing the dilemma probably will reach the conclusion by the arguements given.
So in your opinon Selling Used Games should be categorized under piracy? How is making legit copies same as that of using copies made by some other person? You do realize the Paradox here when you call the Copies Legit? Piracy is illegal but there is no law saying that a person who owns a game cannot make backups of it.

This wouldnt be a flame ware if you would present your facts without any namecalling, like i am doing, unless its in your inherent nature to be argumentative and fight like a 'Kid'

I would also extend the same courtesy to you, to re read my posts but i would go futher and offer you a advice, Try to read it slowly this time so that you give your brain enough time to comprehend whats written rather than lashing out with pre concieved notions. Obs you can thank me later for it once you understand it completely.

^ There is currently a dispute going on courts of US where there is mention of not selling used games

Desecrator said:
^I'd say ditch the Move unless you intend to play some titles with your friends back here. Otherwise the controller might just lay in some stash catching dust later on.
Good advice. Thanks. Will most probably go in for the Gamestop bundle.I can live with less space and get the move starter pack separately. *Digs out camping gear for the long cold wait for 5am Friday morning*

apextwin146 said:
On another note Black Friday is pretty Lame this year.
Agreed full-heartedly. Black Friday 2008 was the bomb!

Thanks to Dhrubo for starting this thread. Thanks to everyone who contributed constructively.

Just asked a friend to pick up the Gamestop bundle as well.... Now i've to wait till Wed till he gets here...Black Friday FTW!!!!!!!!!

Yep. Especially with PS3 JB scene going on. In other news, I didn't have the time or inclination to go camping out in sub-freezing temperatures so didn't get the Gamestop bundle. I did, however, ordered something better. Should be here in a few days. :)

Back