Is it worth getting PS3 from the US?

Desecrator said:
Mighty congrats! Now grab some leet titles. :D

What fw version did it ship with?
It came with 3.41. Kinda feeling iffy about 3.5 after hearing all the dead PS3s. I'll probably wait for the next version, in any case GOW does not need 3.5 to work so...

Homer said:
It came with 3.41. Kinda feeling iffy about 3.5 after hearing all the dead PS3s. I'll probably wait for the next version, in any case GOW does not need 3.5 to work so...
Awesome! Grab a JB chip already. :p

Wait did you just say 3.5 bricks the PS3? Haven't heard about that though.

Well if you check the forums, a lot of people started having issues with the PS3 after the update. Games and movies would not work any more. this mostly seems to affect the phat PS3s but i dont want to take a risk...i mean it's barely a day old :p

Gentlemen,

Apologies for the hijack. I have purchased a 160gb PS3 slim from the US. Could anyone recommend a power converter (240v->120v) for it available locally (In stores or Ebay India)

TIA

dafreaking said:
Gentlemen,

Apologies for the hijack. I have purchased a 160gb PS3 slim from the US. Could anyone recommend a power converter (240v->120v) for it available locally (In stores or Ebay India)

TIA
you don't need it - ps3's already have it in them ^^ - a wii or a 360 might need it, though not a ps3.

I don't think all PS3s have universal power input. Some consoles are specifically meant for 220-240v ratings and even have it mentioned on them. Would you still run them on 110v power outlets?

I take back my previous words. The PS3 has a universal voltage input. PERIOD. :p (Sorry I doubted you Gannu)

In other news, its here! Pics should be coming up soon. ;)

Ethan_Hunt said:
What is it?
Just another PS3 duh! :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

phoenix844884 said:
I take back my previous words. The PS3 has a universal voltage input. PERIOD. :p (Sorry I doubted you Gannu)
This has been discussed to death before! :|

Back