Is mtnl landline broadband user facing this problem?

Speeds were up just for an hour yesterday, some horrible browsing now. For some reason, facebook refuses to open at my end, anyone facing such a issue?

yup facebook had issues, too much routing is being changed dunno why but all this is one thing i can understand, is either they practicing throttling of bandwidth or they are planning on FUP. one will never know unless we learn the facts.

What makes me see this is the capping and uncapping of speeds and changes to browsing done

Just came across this thread and I am also one of the effected user. I got my router changed thinking that it is the problem. It was getting rebooted itself again & again at night but now they have provided a temporarily replacement with a non-wifi one, it worked but then again I got disconnected in morning and it worked in the lunch time. Should I call them to get back my old (which is new) router back as they will only replace with an older one which migth give even more problems in the coming time. What do you say guys?

I am on 512Kbps UL plan and will be shifted to 2Mbps tomorrow hopefully. I want to work peacefully but MTNL shit is troubling me since 15th March. When the internet stopped working today, the router reset the login password to the default admin by itself on restart, so I think this router is also faulty.

So the problem is of routers (both the old one (New one I had since August 2010) & the temporary replacement one or the MTNL PPPOE down error or both?

ashfame said:
Just came across this thread and I am also one of the effected user. I got my router changed thinking that it is the problem. It was getting rebooted itself again & again at night but now they have provided a temporarily replacement with a non-wifi one, it worked but then again I got disconnected in morning and it worked in the lunch time. Should I call them to get back my old (which is new) router back as they will only replace with an older one which migth give even more problems in the coming time. What do you say guys?

I am on 512Kbps UL plan and will be shifted to 2Mbps tomorrow hopefully. I want to work peacefully but MTNL shit is troubling me since 15th March. When the internet stopped working today, the router reset the login password to the default admin by itself on restart, so I think this router is also faulty.

So the problem is of routers (both the old one (New one I had since August 2010) & the temporary replacement one or the MTNL PPPOE down error or both?
Hi,

As per what i understand, there was nothing wrong with ur old which as per u was ur new router. What u faced was is frequent disconnection for which u could call 1504 and see if they could resolve it, if not u could have made a complaint on 198 and that they would attend and fix.

On the 2nd matter, ur router resetting back to its default login, i suggest u hard reset it, set it up again and change the default admin/admin to something u like and watch it for a few days. I also reccon u enable the firewall on the router for better added security.

vishalk said:
Hi,

As per what i understand, there was nothing wrong with ur old which as per u was ur new router. What u faced was is frequent disconnection for which u could call 1504 and see if they could resolve it, if not u could have made a complaint on 198 and that they would attend and fix.

On the 2nd matter, ur router resetting back to its default login, i suggest u hard reset it, set it up again and change the default admin/admin to something u like and watch it for a few days. I also reccon u enable the firewall on the router for better added security.
If the former router was not faulty, why it would restart again & again. Isn't that a sign of the router being faulty? If its not, then I would like to get it back from them as it worked without a hitch for the last 7 months. Recently power cuts made it went a bit crazy, so I kinda related those sudden power cuts making the router faulty. I will try with 198 from now on if everything goes wrong. Are guys on 198 somewhat technically sound?

I will try with the 2nd router, but whats your take on the first one now?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Selection_035.png

What options should I select in Service Filtering? Only HTTP or all of them?

^^ they are upgrading 256kbps connections to 512kbps also now all customers on UL connections will be getting their sunday as funday for mumbai with 2mbps speeds limited to sunday.

read it from other TE thread.

o_O! Where'd you guys see this?

Oh nvm. Found it. But its only for all the Sundays in April. I could do with the upgraded upload speed though. My gaming won't be hindered at least.

arun687 said:

Rite now my concern is I want my normal speeds that I was getting. That 2mbps sunday wet dream can wait a bit, I want my current speeds to be back to normal .

lol! I am sounding like a kid but seriously this is going on for over a month now. I love streaming youtube videos and I get speeds like 5-10kbps on a 1mbps connection, which is torture.

speeds changed on router

downstream - 2048

upstream - 1024

getting download speeds of 30kBPS

upload speeds - 51kBps

currently on 512kBps ul

Lets see for how long it last

intelcore2 said:
speeds changed on router

downstream - 2048

upstream - 1024

getting download speeds of 30kBPS

upload speeds - 51kBps

currently on 512kBps ul

Lets see for how long it last
did ur net go off for the change coz i logged into mine and still says down 2048 and up 256

ashfame said:
If the former router was not faulty, why it would restart again & again. Isn't that a sign of the router being faulty? If its not, then I would like to get it back from them as it worked without a hitch for the last 7 months. Recently power cuts made it went a bit crazy, so I kinda related those sudden power cuts making the router faulty. I will try with 198 from now on if everything goes wrong. Are guys on 198 somewhat technically sound?

I will try with the 2nd router, but whats your take on the first one now?

Selection_035.png

What options should I select in Service Filtering? Only HTTP or all of them?
Hi,

Firstly, power disconnections can screw a router, or it could be like i said, every time u get disconnected it could be ur facing frequent disconnection as they termed it. My office had the same issues for 7 days and i called 198 and they fixed it, 198 ppl are the ones who work on the lines so yes they usually know what complaints u put in there.

Secondly about ur firewall, enable all those options u showed in the image

vishalk said:
Hi,

Firstly, power disconnections can screw a router, or it could be like i said, every time u get disconnected it could be ur facing frequent disconnection as they termed it. My office had the same issues for 7 days and i called 198 and they fixed it, 198 ppl are the ones who work on the lines so yes they usually know what complaints u put in there.

Secondly about ur firewall, enable all those options u showed in the image
Hi,

So the first router went bad and this one is bad too, I guess. It gives me error if I check on anything in the screenshot and try to save it. Also this morning too, net wasn't working. So I turn off and on the router and then it again reset the default admin password.

And regarding 198, its automated. When I complained on it, the guy called me back and said internet ki problem ke lie ispe complain kyn kari.

ashfame said:
Hi,

So the first router went bad and this one is bad too, I guess. It gives me error if I check on anything in the screenshot and try to save it. Also this morning too, net wasn't working. So I turn off and on the router and then it again reset the default admin password.

And regarding 198, its automated. When I complained on it, the guy called me back and said internet ki problem ke lie ispe complain kyn kari.
This 198 is for technical complains only they have options for adsl led not working and frequent disconnection so select the relevant one or select 4 for other, when they call tell em u have a frequent disconnection problem or the router issue or maybe both.

As per the 2nd router, i think its gone since u cant save any firewall settings

hi guys

i'm at malabar hill and i logged into my router to chk it shows down as 2048 and up as 259 yet no change so i rebooted my router no go dunno if they rolling it phase wide or exchange wide or is it same time for all exchanges. Any inputs would be appreciated.

This is such utter crap. For the past twenty minutes my net has connected and disconnected almost immediately, like within seconds.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Back