Is mtnl landline broadband user facing this problem?

monkee said:
This is such utter crap. For the past twenty minutes my net has connected and disconnected almost immediately, like within seconds.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk
LOL

am at malabar hill and my net speeds still the same 2048 and 256, tried rebooting router but no go, called 1504 but they aren't answring calls there, gonna wait and see till tomm morning and decide if i need to speak to the DGM

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hi all,

think this whole 512k thingy was an april fool's day prank, my speeds have not yet changed they are still 256k so can't belive unless i see it.

if i was joking i could have said that my downld speeds are also 203-211 kBps, but its about 23 max 26 kBps, upload speeds r 51kBps but its not stable,rises for sometime upto 60kBps ,nyways really not interestd in upload speeds as downld speeds very bad for the last few weeks,this can be a goof up on the part of mtnl as few days ago downstream was 508 then changed to 512 in the evening,or it can be mtnl's one way of playin a prank on april 1 and then getting speeds back to normal today, lets see what happens by tday evening or afternoon,will post speed test results by afternoon if speeds still d same ,also screen shot of router.
Send from my phone

intelcore2 said:
if i was joking i could have said that my downld speeds are also 203-211 kBps, but its about 23 max 26 kBps, upload speeds r 51kBps but its not stable,rises for sometime upto 60kBps ,nyways really not interestd in upload speeds as downld speeds very bad for the last few weeks,this can be a goof up on the part of mtnl as few days ago downstream was 508 then changed to 512 in the evening,or it can be mtnl's one way of playin a prank on april 1 and then getting speeds back to normal today, lets see what happens by tday evening or afternoon,will post speed test results by afternoon if speeds still d same ,also screen shot of router.

Send from my phone
hi m8,

jus did a speed test on speedtest.net and tht shows me my package speeds of 1mbs down and 256k upp. my router shows me downstream 2048 and upstream 260k so maybe its a prob at their end or they havent rolled it out for all yet.

vishalk said:
hi m8,

jus did a speed test on speedtest.net and tht shows me my package speeds of 1mbs down and 256k upp. my router shows me downstream 2048 and upstream 260k so maybe its a prob at their end or they havent rolled it out for all yet.
nvm, got it jus after i made this post, my router booted up auto and getting steady 57k upload since then

Even I checked my Triband Speed on speedtest.net, its 1mbps Dl, and 256kbps uL, but my router is showing 2086kbps dl and 856 kbps upload, maybe while going home they might remove the blockage and we might get the 2mbps PURE UNLIMITED 24 hrs full-on-steroid period :)

i am on the 512 UL , this is what i am getting. They might be reducing speeds on weekdays and they "might" give good speeds(upto 2mbps) on the weekends.

1232609399.png

Guys facing issues since morning. Internet not working at all. The INET light does not come on at all. While the DSL light keeps on blinking. What seems to be the issue??

ok am getting sick of mtnl my self, thaught i had the 512k but its not am still getting 256k, called 1504 and they asked me to call on 24361249 which is their nox but guess what, they are unaware of any move of giving 512k to suscribers, am fecking tired of this

Meh, just don't bother. With all the crap MTNL's been giving me over the past 2 weeks, I'm just happy my net is working for right now.

...Yeah, I'm not getting 2mbps out of MTNL. My downloads are barely hovering around 160KB/s

i just got the 1mbps connection but speed is slow.

downloading is fine at around 115-130 kBps

but youtube or any other flash videos are very slow even 360p on youtube are not smooth.

also browsing is slow.

anyone know any way of fixing this ?

My 2Mbps (Delhi) is working fine. Getting 230+ KBps speed. The connection sometimes slowly climb to good speed & gets reset for a few secs outage, rest all is fine and no serious problem.

Speed problems since a few weeks. On 512 Kbps plan. Download speed doesn't go beyond 30KBps. Weirdly mtnl speed test shows the exact speed so complaining to MTNL has done nothing.

My speeds right now are appalling. Barely getting 50-60KB/s on my downloads when it should be ~115KB/s.

monkee said:
My speeds right now are appalling. Barely getting 50-60KB/s on my downloads when it should be ~115KB/s.

Hi,

have u done a speedtest? have u scanned ur pc for infections? have u checked ur pings to yahoo.com if that do u have any packet losses? which trackers u get such speeds, private or public? trackers u can send me a pm coz i am a staff on some tracker and can help u setup utorrent for u.

Let me answer all of that at once.

I'm not a new user. I use Speedtest.net, and ISPgeeks.com to determine my net speed which is hovering around 700kbps right now.

Besides, I use private trackers only and DDL from filehosters. So I should only get full speed.

Speed is the usual 50kbps download, but my upload speed as mothballed to 5-6kbps. I cannot browse now, am getting out of this shit, and back to more expensive but reliable reliance connection..

Back