Is tera copy useful?

It's quite useful since it allows many options above windows copy/paste. Pause transfer, overwrite only newer files, automatically queue transfers to same drive ( saves hell lot of trouble in case of pen drives ).

3 Reasons :

1. Any transfer can be stopped and resumed.

2. If a certain part of a file is unreadable, the file is skipped without aborting the whole transfer process.

3. It is slightly faster.

i use tera copy and i findi it quite usefull it is better than the usual default windows xp transfer

1.it allwos u to queue your transfers

2.you can increase buffers size which wiill give you nice boost in transfer speed

3.very efficient and lite on the system

Never used this before only came to know after reading this thread. Just got it installed so far so good(especially for multi file transfers). Thanks guys for the suggestions.

If i change its default settings like putting 4 mb transfer rate instead of 256 kb for USB settings etc. will it affect the quality software i am copying etc.

it depends on what do u mean when u say "useful"? useful in wot terms as in?

if its copying then yes...its very good...as it performs better than the normal windows copy...but should not be used too much as it can corrupt the data.....

yes it is ... i prefer piki basket though
teracopy is faster for large files with its cache size increased....
everyday use piky basket for copy cut n paste is more suited to my use...

Bluffmaster said:
WTF!! .......

oh man...:S u dont need to use cuss words...i wouldn't post that unless i was absolutely sure...i have already experienced it..sometimes it can decrease the video qaulity as well........once i copied Oceans' 13 HD DVD rip and when i compared the teracopy version and the normal copy version i found that the teracopy version had decreased video quality....

Back