Is the Vodafone Rs. 99 unlimited GPRS plan worth it?

I went through the automated response of the email I had sent to corporate assist carefully. The TAT for them replying is 3 days!!!

My grandma, who doesn't know english, even if she finds out the meaning of each and every word in the email by looking them up in her trusty old dog-eared oxford dictionary, would be able to reply faster than these fools :mad:

This is what they replied after 3 bloody days!

Thank you for your email dated 16/06/11, regarding GPRS plan details for Vodafone mobile number XXXX.

We wish to inform you that VMC 50 MB free @Rs.99 is offered to your company, further we request you kindly refer the below mentioned table for the market plans available with us:

Rentals Benefits Validity Rate

299 2 GB 30 Days 10p/10kb

499 4 GB 30 Days 10p/10kb

699 Unlimited 30 Days NA

We wish to inform you that there are no 3G corporate plans available however request you to kindly refer the below mentoned link for the market 3G plans available with us:

Vodafone 3G India - Video Calling - 3G Internet | Vodafone 3G Services
In case you need any further assistance, please do call or email us. We’ll do our best to help you.

Happy to help,

How can 50 MB be free if they're charging 99 Rs. for it? :S

boogeyman said:
This is what they replied after 3 bloody days!

How can 50 MB be free if they're charging 99 Rs. for it? :S

What kind of postpaid connection do you have ? This is what you get if you are a corporate postpaid user

Plan Name Monthly rental Free Usage Usage charges beyond FREE usage

Vodafone Mobile Connect 99 Rs 99 Unlimited 10 paisa per 10 KB

I'm on a corporate plan. I asked them what data plans are available and this is what they reply. I'll see if I can get the 2GB @ 99 on this plan otherwise its bye-bye postpaid :mad:

I had activated this plan yesterday on my Vodafone pre-paid connection for 99 bucks. The CC rep advised me to perform an E-top via a dealer as that provides us 2GB data download, as opposed to the SMS router which provides us 1GB. I experienced major issues with the connection while traveling & while in an elevator. It would switch between 3G and Edge and drop the connection. Worked flawlessly within my office premises. Speeds were pretty good.

^If you are not using 3g network then there is no use in keeping it ON. You can just turn off dual network and stay on 2G network without any connection drop.

boogeyman said:
I'm on a corporate plan. I asked them what data plans are available and this is what they reply. I'll see if I can get the 2GB @ 99 on this plan otherwise its bye-bye postpaid :mad:
Whom did you ask, do not ask the CC, send a E-mail to the Corporate Assist (Corporate.Assist@vodafone.com) from your corporate E-mail account and inquire about the VMC plans

I havent read any comments above but i want to say its been my gateway to stay connected 24x7.
Dont expect video chats but skype audio calls are great and apps downloading surfing are great on my Galaxy S2.

Its been my best 99Rs spent per month.

Aladdin said:
^If you are not using 3g network then there is no use in keeping it ON. You can just turn off dual network and stay on 2G network without any connection drop.

How do you do that on an Galaxy S?

Ethan_Hunt said:
How do you do that on an Galaxy S?
Menu>settings>wireless and networks>mobile networks. Inside there just look around for option like "2g network only".

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

tommy_vercetti said:
Whom did you ask, do not ask the CC, send a E-mail to the Corporate Assist (Corporate.Assist@vodafone.com) from your corporate E-mail account and inquire about the VMC plans
That's exactly what I did.

Update: Vodafone called me and tried to give lame-a$$ excuses that "Postpaid subscribers get better services and more talktime for less money that is why they charge more. The CC have no control over the plans and they will forward my concern to the relevant department who decides on the tariff plans. They would get back to me in 3 days". I just replied that it doesn't justify at all the charging 3-times the amount for the same plan to postpaid customers just because they are locked in. The CC rep had no answer. It just seems that they have enrolled script-readers who just give you an overdose of Sir, Thank you and Please without any substance to their replies.

I'm just waiting till next week and I'll submit my application to go prepaid. There's a vodafone store just 10 mins from my place and shouldn't be a problem even on weekdays. Any idea about the time it takes to convert?

it all depends on when they forward your request from their local office to head office after u have cleared your previous bill+ unbilled amount , i remember my airtel postpaid to prepaid happened in 2 hrs after clearing all my bills and asking them to forward the request there n then in my presence. i got the request forwarded from their end only then i came back :)

Even I wrote to Corporate Assist, here is their lame response.. :(

Dear Mr. xxx,

Thank you for your email dated 30/06/11, regarding 2G and 3G GPRS plans for Vodafone mobile number 91xx00xxxx.

We request you to kindly refer to the below mentioned tables to know about the various type of 2G GPRS plans available for your above mentioned Vodafone mobile number:

· Vodafone Live (Basic GPRS plan)

Plan Name | Monthly Rental| Free usage| Usage charges beyond FREE usage| SMS Command for activation| TAT

Vodafone Live @ 49| Rs. 49| 5 MB| 10 paisa/10 KB| ACT VL to 111| 4 hours

Vodafone Live @ 99 (Restricted)| Rs. 99| Unlimited | NA | Require a mail from official email id | 48 hours

· Vodafone Mobile Connect (Advanced GPRS)

Name of the Plan | Monthly Rental | Free Usage| Charges

Vodafone Mobile Connect 299 | 299 | 2 GB | 10 paisa/10 KB

Vodafone Mobile Connect 399 | 399 | Unlimited | NA

We also request you to kindly visit the below mentioned link to know about the various 3G GPRS plans available:

Vodafone 3G India - Video Calling - 3G Internet | Vodafone 3G Services

We wish to inform you that a 2G and a 3G GPRS plan cannot be activated simultaneously on a mobile number.

Further, we request you to kindly revert to us confirming the name of the GPRS plan you wish to active.

In case you need any further assistance, please do call or email us. We’ll do our best to help you.

Happy to help,

Just convert to prepaid. There's no point making these fools understand how idiotic their postpaid GPRS plans are.

If your customer (that too a corporate account customer) is committed to paying you a certain amount every month, the last thing you should do is charge them 3-times the money for the same plan as you do for a prepaid customer. :mad:

^^I found out from their CC. You'll need address proof, identity proof, 2 photos. They'll ask you questions regarding why you want to change. Just be adamant and reply that you've had enough of them stealing money in the name of "postpaid". Best of luck.

boogeyman said:
^^I found out from their CC. You'll need address proof, document proof, 2 photos. They'll ask you questions regarding why you want to change. Just be adamant and reply that you've had enough of them stealing money in the name of "postpaid". Best of luck.
thanks a lot boogeyman.

what is document proof ? did you mean address proof ?

Back