Is there a way to buy from aliexpress.com now ?

How about getting in touch with the seller via AliExpress messaging and then doing direct deal via PayPal?

Items aren’t shipping from China. The only ones coming in are through re routing through Malaysia. My China post parcel is stuck in China since last 2 months.

Items aren’t shipping from China. The only ones coming in are through re routing through Malaysia. My China post parcel is stuck in China since last 2 months.
It won't solve the customs problem, the reason AliExpress stopped shipping is that our country banned it. Customs in this country are unpredictable even on good days, if they have an excuse to stop/delay a shipment, they will.

According to forum members custom clearance is not a problem, they are receiving shipments, read this page: https://techenclave.com/threads/aliexpress-com-feedback-thread.153716/page-117

Also, we can ask the seller for Hongkong Post, Singapore Post etc which are even faster.

most items imported from China by traders are valued extremely lowly resulting in loss of import duties

So how does banning all imports from China help solve this problem? Before, X% of my orders would be levied customs. Now, it's 0%. Maybe this China ban has more to do with pride rather than actual economics after what happened at that border. That said, customs has gotten a lot more strict over the last year or so. It feels like the government is trying to squeeze every single taxable rupee out of every possible avenue. It is to be expected, of course, it's basis of our economy. It's just such a drastic change compared to what I was used to the years/decades before.

I have been able to get aliexpress type goods through Turkey though, so that remains an option. Just find someone shipping from Turkey on ebay or tindie or etsy or wherever. I even got a parcel from Israel of all places, bought on ebay. No customs from either of the two countries, and item value was correctly declared at under $25.

So how does banning all imports from China help solve this problem? Before, X% of my orders would be levied customs. Now, it's 0%. Maybe this China ban has more to do with pride rather than actual economics after what happened at that border. That said, customs has gotten a lot more strict over the last year or so. It feels like the government is trying to squeeze every single taxable rupee out of every possible avenue. It is to be expected, of course, it's basis of our economy. It's just such a drastic change compared to what I was used to the years/decades before.

I have been able to get aliexpress type goods through Turkey though, so that remains an option. Just find someone shipping from Turkey on ebay or tindie or etsy or wherever. I even got a parcel from Israel of all places, bought on ebay. No customs from either of the two countries, and item value was correctly declared at under $25.
It's not only taxation but the current policy is to stop money from flowing out of India as much as possible. Pretty good marker of what the economic situation is nowadays.

Has anyone else been getting ads from Alibaba.com on youtube? I thinking if they're able to advertise on YT India, they should have something in place that allows them to deliver to India?

Has anyone else been getting ads from Alibaba.com on youtube? I thinking if they're able to advertise on YT India, they should have something in place that allows them to deliver to India?
Pretty sure that would be through Adsense. Also, I think AliExpress, AliPay, Alibaba Workbench were blocked but Alibaba itself is not, so wholesellers should still be able to import, but can't say for sure.

So I found they will ship if you're willing to spend about 90 USD on shipping alone. Basically they're routing it through FedEx and via another country maybe. It won't be worth it for something cheap but if there's something mission critical and it's only available on AliExpress and it's life or death, sure the 90 USD is maybe worth it. For 99.99% of the stuff there though, I doubt it LOL

They seem to be showing lot of options for shipping to India now. But not taking the risk at the moment. Maybe I'll order a few cheap cables.

What all shipping options do you have? I guess it depends on seller and the items.
Aliexpress standard and chinapost standard might still be blocked. 3rd party couriers might work. Might check with smaller and cheap items, but their shipping cost is absurd. Plus guaranteed customs check with them.

Back