Is this deal worth it? 256gb SSD in 4k

It is used ssd

The product is advertised as "taken out of laptop" hence it is listed as an "used" item I guess... But the price (with coupons for around 3.5k) makes it a lucrative offer... Hence I'm in a dilemma as to whether to go for it or not...[DOUBLEPOST=1421050974][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have ordered it. Will get it on monday. Will tell you if it's worth it. Though its second hand

Nice... How much did you pay? Used any coupons?

Got the drive [emoji16]

mhdF6zr.jpg

XRK30lv.jpg

cFvHzU8.jpg

7QwDjiT.jpg

fjNtlIo.jpg

The product is advertised as "taken out of laptop" hence it is listed as an "used" item I guess... But the price (with coupons for around 3.5k) makes it a lucrative offer... Hence I'm in a dilemma as to whether to go for it or not...[DOUBLEPOST=1421050974][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nice... How much did you pay? Used any coupons?
I paid 3600 for it used icici coupon but now new 10% off coupon is available so cost will be 3450

I am trying to save my laptop hdd image to my pc and then this image to ssd anyone know how to do this because i have only 1 extra sata cable

Wear leveling count of 178 is pretty good. Any decent MLC NAND will last till 3k atleast. The 830 is a pretty decent drive too. So overall it is a good deal.

Does Samsung's SSD Magician work with the drive (considering it is an OEM drive)?

Wear leveling count of 178 is pretty good. Any decent MLC NAND will last till 3k atleast. The 830 is a pretty decent drive too. So overall it is a good deal.

Does Samsung's SSD Magician work with the drive (considering it is an OEM drive)?
No it does not as it is a oem drive

Sorry I missed this earlier, but you might want to keep an eye on the used reserved block count. Generally it should be 0 with such low levels of wear count. And it's a bit odd that none of the other parameters like reallocated sector count or program/erase fail count have been tripped. Could be the OEM drive is misreporting some SMART data.

Sorry I missed this earlier, but you might want to keep an eye on the used reserved block count. Generally it should be 0 with such low levels of wear count. And it's a bit odd that none of the other parameters like reallocated sector count or program/erase fail count have been tripped. Could be the OEM drive is misreporting some SMART data.

The drive usage is showing only 5.4TB of data written to the SSD till date... which is quite low... So there is no reason for any sector relocation or program/erase failure at this point... I think those happen only when the amount of data written crosses around 30-40TB... Please correct me if I'm wrong...
I did some research about this yesterday before placing an order for one of these... :happy:

^ Exactly what I was saying. When programming/erasing a block fails, a reserve block is put into action. Now it's odd that SMART reports reserve blocks being used when none of the blocks have failed. As I said, with such low levels of wear count (low data written -> low wear), it should not happen.

I have the 830 retail drive too, and have probably used it as much as these drives, but the used reserve block count is still 0. It could probably be a thing with OEM firmware. But just cautioning you to keep an eye on things.

i used pm810 used ssd sold by syed9986 from bangalore. One fine day, the drive just failed. have been since using intel 520 series 160gb as well as other friends are using other intel drives from the same guy. I still dont know what went wrong. Just be cautious of your data on the ssd.

@ COOLDUDE: Your SSDlife does not show how much life is left with the SSD, you probably took that picture before it could calculate.

Depending on the type of data you plan to store on the SSD, I would probably not buy into this deal. It shows a total work time of 8mths and 93% health, where as I bought the Crucial M4 (in $200) in Aug 2011, so it is around 2.5 year old, has a health of 99% and usage of 3.5 months only, with an estimated life till march 2024.

98arVhC.png

Ssdlife could not calculate the lifetime of the drive. I think being an oem drive it is not providing all the data necessary and all the correct data. The drive is running excellent till now but yes there is a risk that one day it may suddenly go kapult, though i hope it does not.

Got the drive from ebay today...
Screen shots from some utility softwares:-
2rp7e2w.png

2lvzhu9.png

2zohkrb.png

Any idea why does the SSD life software not showing the disk usage statistics and remaining health?

Back