Windows Is Windows 11 stable now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzsa1994

Disciple
Hi,
I am still using Windows 10 currently, have restrained myself from installing Windows 11 due to bugs and instability that I have heard over the internet.
Now it has been almost 7 months of win11 release.

I have AMD Ryzen R5 2600 and GTX 1060 6GB.
I use software's like 3ds MAX, Sketchup, Vray, Corona, Unreal Engine, MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Acrobat DC, etc.
I use my PC mostly for work hardly do any gaming.

I was wondering is windows 11 stable now especially PC based on AMD Ryzen CPU's??

Check if your motherboard has a BIOS update for AGESA 1.2.0.7 which has fTPM stuttering fix. If it does, then update the BIOS then plan an upgrade to Win11 only after enabling fTPM in BIOS and enabling UEFI secure boot.
Those are mandatory official requirements.

As for when to upgrade, I'd say wait for the next major update 22H1 which should be in end of this month or next.

There's absolutely nothing to gain from Win11 ATM over Win10. You're not missing anything and I'm still on Win10 and plan to be for a good while since it's stable and even more so now since feature updates will die for Win10. The amount of stupid UI changes M$ has done will decrease your productivity for sure.

If you need any windows 11 specific feature then maybe, but if not then I highly suggest sticking to win 10. I have used win 11 for 2 months, went back to win 10 a couple of days ago and it is so much better. The notification panel still lags for half a sec and several older games are not working on windows 11 for me. A lot of functionality is taken away from win 11 for no reason at all. I'm dreading the day when I will be forced to upgrade to windows 11.

The win 11 notification panel lags for a solid half a second for me before opening, its almost like I am beta testing for Microsoft at the moment. Stick to win 10 as long as you can

Thanks guys for a quick response will stick to the win 10.

I know I am not missing out any major feature, it's just that my current win10 is giving me some issues and need to do a fresh windows install and my OCD started kicking in for win11 (which I have been controlling from the time of win11 beta testing).

Keeping aside the personal opinions, here's the latest official status:

Current status as of May 17, 2022 (PT)

Windows 11 is designated for broad deployment.

If you are using Windows 10, you can determine if your device is eligible for the upgrade using the PC Health Check app or checking Windows 11 specs, features, and computer requirements. Note that you also need to be running Windows 10, version 2004 or later, and have no safeguard holds applied to your device. We encourage the use of a Microsoft Account (MSA) to get the most out of your Windows 11 experience.

I think you should stay with Windows 10 for now, as you don’t have the positive think over it. But although it may get some issue after installing Windows 11, can create compatibility issues that can damage the PC.

I have been using it for last 2 months and i think its great. Much better than 10. But i installed it on a 7th gen processor, had to bypass tpm. So , Valorant doesn't work for now.

Stick to win 10. I upgraded to win 11 and rolled back because of issues. They were minor but very irritating. But I was on Dev version which is supposed to be unstable but still I wouldn't recommend 11 to anyone

I use both and can't say I have experienced anything bad about Windows 11. I have it installed on two PCs one with an 8th Generation processor and the other on a 6th Generation processor. No issues on either.

The notification panel issues do not seem to be present in my case.

I had to bypass TPM on my 6th Gen PC and I can't say I have had any particular problems with it.

I use CorelDraw, Indesign, 0365, Acrobat, and the other usual suspects.

Now that I have managed to get Google Play store fully working I am enjoying being able to install android apps on it too.

But other than the FOMO and then itch to use a new skin, I don't find it too different from Win10.

The next release with tabbed explorer and all might change things!

People love to exaggerate, been using Windows 11 on my laptop since Day 1. Windows 10 itself has been beta software throughout, so it is not as if Windows 11 has a high bar to clear but at least it gets more attention now.

Even went to the extent of updating my unsupported 8-year old tablet that runs 24/7 to Windows 11 and not a hint of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back