Israel Hezbollah Pager Attack.

Yes. I am following it very keenly.

I am watching IC 814 kandhar hijack and sometimes I wish it was Israel that these Pakistanis would have try to pull such things off.

They would have made Pakistanis regret for the rest of their life.

But we Indians ..what did we do ..shout for few days and then it's all gone with the wind. We suffer not only short term memory but no sense of country's respect too. Koi bhi ata thok ke chale jata hai( Mumbai attack).

Yes. I am following it very keenly.

I am watching IC 814 kandhar hijack and sometimes I wish it was Israel that these Pakistanis would have try to pull such things off.

But we Indians ..what did we do ..shout for few days and then it's all gone with the wind. We suffer not only short term memory but no sense of country's respect too. Koi bhi ata thok ke chale jata hai( Mumbai attack).
when your opposition questions whether the Army really did succeed in a attack and calls it fake or when the army didn't even have enough bulletproof vests, forget about more advanced equipment (despite having one of the largest military budget in the world), what do you expect?

we should be way more supporting of our veterans, they deserve every bit or respect we can give them

when your opposition questions whether the Army really did succeed in a attack and calls it fake or when the army didn't even have enough bulletproof vests, forget about more advanced equipment (despite having one of the largest military budget in the world), what do you expect?

we should be way more supporting of our veterans, they deserve every bit or respect we can give them
you are referring to Balakot attack i guess.

Well to some extent asking for proof is not wrong too but In any case here my point is with Mumbai attack. We did nothing after that. Now I dont want to blame or support any particular political party .

This is work of Intelligence( Raw) and other agencies to see that justice is done. Ofcourse there has been some assassinations but big players are still by large like Masood Azar and all.

How the hell did Mossad/Israel they pull this off..
Nasrallah made an announcement some months back that mobile phones were not safe. From the Afghanistan days it was known the mobile phone signals allowed drones to better target the usersby acting as homing beacons.

So it was decided pagers are safer. Receive only. No transmit so no tracking possible. An order is paced for pagers.

The one mentioned in the media AR924 by Taiwanese company Global Apollo was not made in Taiwan. This company has allowed its logo to be used by others so the pagers were made by a company in Hungary. Such a large order from Lebanon for pagers can only be for one obvious customer.

Once ready, the shipment is sent to Dubai (Israel friendly country nearby) whose customs impound it for three months on some pretext. Enough time to put small explosives in the thousands there. Wakie talkies were also modified to explode. Must have taken teams many days stretching into weeks to accomplish it. Shipment released for Lebanon.

After some time it was decided that they were distributed to the various operatives. Not low level but middle management types. You know the rest.

There is uncertainty as to why now. Maybe it was sensed that some suspected the shipment was suspicious meaning a use it or lose it scenario.

Last edited:
@blr_p .. interesting details.
Specially Dubai part where they held the shipment for Mossad/Shinbet to their thing.

Kuch bhi safe nahi hai with Israel.
Israel will leave these people with only guli danda.

@blr_p .. interesting details.
Specially Dubai part where they held the shipment for Mossad/Shinbet to their thing.
Dubai is a speculation on my part from the clue "israel friendly middle eastern country nearby"
Kuch bhi safe nahi hai with Israel.
Israel will leave these people with only guli danda.
It's about time they got their rep back. Been a very difficult year otherwise.

Nasrallah made an announcement some months back that mobile phones were not safe. From the Afghanistan days it was known the mobile phone signals allowed drones to better target the usersby acting as homing beacons.

So it was decided pagers are safer. Receive only. No transmit so no tracking possible. An order is paced for pagers.

The one mentioned in the media AR924 by Taiwanese company Global Apollo was not made in Taiwan. This company has allowed its logo to be used by others so the pagers were made by a company in Hungary. Such a large order from Lebanon for pagers can only be for one obvious customer.

Once ready, the shipment is sent to Dubai (Israel friendly country nearby) whose customs impound it for three months on some pretext. Enough time to put small explosives in the thousands there. Wakie talkies were also modified to explode. Must have taken teams many days stretching into weeks to accomplish it. Shipment released for Lebanon.

After some time it was decided that they were distributed to the various operatives. Not low level but middle management types. You know the rest.

There is uncertainty as to why now. Maybe it was sensed that some suspected the shipment was suspicious meaning a use it or lose it scenario.

It has extended to other devices as well, so Israel would have infiltrated multiple procurement sources.

However, it is also unfortunate that most recent Israeli attacks have been indiscriminate and involved large civilian casualties. In the past, Mossad was much more targeted in its approach.

[

However, it is also unfortunate that most recent Israeli attacks have been indiscriminate and involved large civilian casualties. In the past, Mossad was much more targeted in its approach.

It's an all out war almost.
Israel is doing everything to provoke Iran to come in direct war with them and then send them back 20 years behind.

There are reports of Russia already given 4-5 nukes to Iran.

Let's see where Trump takes this.

It has extended to other devices as well, so Israel would have infiltrated multiple procurement sources.
Yes like a second wave. They stopped using pagers and went to walkie talkies which subsequently blew up. Yhey were also part of the shipment.
However, it is also unfortunate that most recent Israeli attacks have been indiscriminate and involved large civilian casualties.
I haven't heard anything about large civilian casualties. Only hezbollah have these pagers. Regular public will always opt for a mobile. So the large number is mostly hezbollah.
In the past, Mossad was much more targeted in its approach.
That's exactly what it was. The most targeted strike ever on terrorists that hide in civilian areas.

I haven't heard anything about large civilian casualties.
Probably talking about Gaza attacks.

forget about more advanced equipment (despite having one of the largest military budget in the world)
And majority of that budget goes towards salaries & pensions.

It's about time they got their rep back.
Mossad, yes. Israel as a nation, that ship has sailed long ago.

It's an all out war almost.
Israel is doing everything to provoke Iran to come in direct war with them and then send them back 20 years behind.

There are reports of Russia already given 4-5 nukes to Iran.

Let's see where Trump takes this.
It needs a miracle for Trump to get elected. If Israel subdues Hezbollah, before election day, will be massive win for Democarats. Personally, I wish Trump is elected and stops funding these wars.

Well to some extent asking for proof is not wrong too but In any case here my point is with Mumbai attack. We did nothing after that. Now I dont want to blame or support any particular political party .
We did, we gave Kasab vip treatment ; )
This is work of Intelligence( Raw) and other agencies to see that justice is done. Ofcourse there has been some assassinations but big players are still by large like Masood Azar and all.
Intelligence or Army in general cant do shit unless the people in power enable them to, unless you have a military dictatorship like in Pakistan, military's hands are generally tied. why do you think J&K attacks have reduced so much compared to earlier days? why is the military only getting their hands on essential equipment in the last 10 years?
And majority of that budget goes towards salaries & pensions.
not majority but a significant chunk yes, why do you think govt introduced Agniveer Yojna? this was to cut down on deadweight costs but you have already seen how that was received by opposition
I am assuming you mean Palestine? and I kinda agree with you, civilian casualties have increased at an exponential pace, but Hamas has been caught using civilian hospitals, underground tunnels etc to hide their people and attack Israel. its honestly a chicken and egg problem, there's no clear cut solution apart from Israel agreeing to not touch civs and Hamas stopping using civilians as shields.
It needs a miracle for Trump to get elected. If Israel subdues Hezbollah, before election day, will be massive win for Democarats. Personally, I wish Trump is elected and stops funding these wars.
trump wouldnt have won last time too, there has already evidence that's come out (not sure about this) that Russia interfered in the elections.
Well to some extent asking for proof is not wrong too
btw, not sure if I remember it correctly since I saw it on news, but werent those idiots quoting Pakistan's PR on the demand for evidence, and anyways its ridiculous no matter how you cut it, even if not looking at from a moral raising purview, is the govt supposed to give out evidence and reports for any clandestine operation because some nimcompoop asked for it? do other countries give shit like this out?

Last edited:
If Israel subdues Hezbollah, before election day, will be massive win for Democarats.
I don't know how they can subdue hezbollah in just one month. When this pager thing started people were expecting an incursion as the pager attack is your ideal first move and was certainly developed and kept in store for such an eventuality. Strike when they are in a state of shock & confusion.

Now people are wondering whether this pager thing and not some larger incursion was what the government meant. Because the government recently said the northern situation was unacceptable. Over 65k displaced and the buffer zone that used to be on the southern tip of Lebanon has moved to the northern part of Israel.

In any case the government has 65% of the peoples support for a move on Lebanon. But there is no American support which is why until now their hands have been tied. The Americans wanted to contain the conflict and think any move on Lebanon will broaden it. So Israelis are stuck playing defense in the north. Having absorbed more than 8k missile strikes and counting for nearly a year. All they could do upto now was respond in a tit for tat manner or how we call it qpq (quid pro quo) which only prolongs the situation as possibility of talks has reduced.

Should Harris win as seems likely they are unlikely to get a green light to go into Lebanon. Its anyone's guess whether even Trump would allow it. In any case it isn't advisable to start something else until Gaza is completed.

If you compare IC814 with the current Israeli hostage situation I can't say they are handling it any better.

IC814 was devised by Masood Azhar's relative to free him. It worked. But we also got all the hostages back safe & sound, save for one, within a week.

Over ten years ago, to get their kidnapped soldier Gilad Shalit released from 5 years in captivity, the Israelis released over a thousand Pal convicts. Yahya Sinwar among them and the mastermind of Oct 7.

Out of over 250 kidnapped on Oct 7 only a hundred were returned and the rest held. Today, that number is about 100 odd with only 60% thought to be alive.

To show how crazy this situation is, recently 6 hostages were executed because Hamas feared the IDF already in Rafa was nearby. The opposition & hostage families blamed the PM for their deaths instead of Hamas.
But we Indians ..what did we do ..shout for few days and then it's all gone with the wind. We suffer not only short term memory but no sense of country's respect too.
Because the matter was handled adequately by the government in a short span of time. We haven't had any hijackings since then or any attempt to kidnap and take Indians hostage.
Koi bhi ata thok ke chale jata hai( Mumbai attack).
By not responding to 26/11 what risk is involved. Will China, Nepal, Bangladesh or Sr Lanka attempt another 26/11?

No, we face no such risk from them. Only risk was from the Paks who we chose to deal with in a different way as were incapable of doing anything kinetic at the time. By that I mean lacking the military ability to handle an escalation and not lack of will.

If Israel behaved like us with 26/11 after Oct 7, they would be inviting future similar attacks not only from Hamas but also from the west bank & Hezbollah.

What the world should have done after Oct 7 was get behind Israel and demand the return of the hostages. That didn't happen leaving the Israelis with only one option.

Last edited:
Because the matter was handled adequately by the government in a short span of time. We haven't had any hijackings since then or any attempt to kidnap and take Indians hostage.
That's a good joke. IC814 incident showed to the world how poorly prepared govt & security agencies were which obviously then leave no option other than to improve. Also, I assume your stance would be this same had congress been in power at that time & MMS was the PM.

We suffer not only short term memory but no sense of country's respect too. Koi bhi ata thok ke chale jata hai( Mumbai attack).
Spirit of Mumbai plus 'badi badi dheshom-me choti choti baat chalthe rahtha hai' attitude, or the nothing happened move along citizens diktat in a different way. Our organization went for candle light vigil which I didn't join, was considered as odd one out for that. Later they seemed to have understood my position.

The reality is that leadership altogether from the top, the moraly corrupt political, business and civil echelons have dog whipped Indians so hard that people even lost their willpower to stand up for themselves, the capability to correct the leadership through rightful protests, etc. Govt. have become so big that people now are accoustomed to blame it on destiny and take it the way it is, the old Indian way till we get whacked into senses decades later.

Another interesting tidbit on these lines: https://www.timesnownews.com/busine...k-week-debate-back-in-focus-article-113463950

As far as Lebanon, etc. don't know how such countries exist at all, they have no proper basic framework of a country, so everything goes.

That's a good joke. IC814 incident showed to the world how poorly prepared govt & security agencies were which obviously then leave no option other than to improve.
No, everything was fine on our side security wise. Early 90s protocol was in place where you couldn't board the plane unless you identified your check in baggage that was out on the tarmac. India was the only country back then where I had this experience.

The security breach if you recall occurred in Kathmandu. Once four heavily armed were on board the options of dealing became limited. Any storming of the plane would result in casualties. Too risky from a political pov.
Also, I assume your stance would be this same had congress been in power at that time & MMS was the PM.
Have to do what it takes to hold the coalition together. That's the first constraint.

If someone would have blocked the runway in Amritsar as instructed by the defence minister of the time things might have been different.

So once that window closed it was off to Pakistan, Dubai (where the women & kids) were traded for fuel and then to Kandahar. I don't think there was much any government could do regardless of orientation. The hostage families would have camped outside the PM's residence and pressured the government to concede.

The measure of success was down to how many hostages returned alive and the price paid. Credit to Doval & our Afghan ambassador Vivek Katju for whittling down the hijackers list from 35 down to 3 (!)

I don't agree with his conclusion. When the families were told to cool it they became belligerent.

The Israelis have been hampered in their advance because of the fear of killing their own hostages. Not to mention the domestic pressure from the families to concede ie. Surrender and lose the war which the PM publicly refused to do as it would endanger more in the future.

Last edited:
Back