Issues with newbies only here for Market

Why? I don't see a reason to become a patron of a forum that assumes guilty before innocent and blocks everyone. Besides, if I really wanted to scam someone, there are easier ways.
And yes, hiding your identity is quite easy if you know what to do. Not exactly rocket science.

I'd rather not argue with you so let's end this here.

Why? I don't see a reason to become a patron of a forum that assumes guilty before innocent and blocks everyone. Besides, if I really wanted to scam someone, there are easier ways.
And yes, hiding your identity is quite easy if you know what to do. Not exactly rocket science.

I don't know man, flaunting your knowledge of How to do scams efficiently does give credibility to the Market Restricted flair assigned to you.

Point/counterpoint is hardly an argument. If you just wanted to rant, reddit is probably a better outlet.

Besides, if I really wanted to scam someone, there are easier ways.

Exactly why something like the patron upgrade exists — it deters scammers who are looking for low hanging fruit.

Why? I don't see a reason to become a patron of a forum that assumes guilty before innocent and blocks everyone.

Which is also exactly what the forum admins think of members who are here only for the marketplace — they don't help the forum or it's membership in any way.

It's easy enough to make claims and then retreat when asked to prove such claims. But that's besides the point.

Suffice to say, scams are nearly unheard of these days in the marketplace, compared to a couple of years ago. Whatever measures are in place, they are working.

You only need to lose money once in a transaction gone bad to see it's a worthwhile compromise.

Browsing by new posts you'd get the impression that even the old users here are "only here for market". Every other post is market post. What would be more fair is anyone who hasn't participated in non-market posts for a long time gets market restricted.

anyone who hasn't participated in non-market posts for a long time gets market restricted
This seems to make sense; but isn't a good idea. It could incentivise such users to spam, so that issue won't just be with new users then. It won't really solve the moderation overhead problem; but it could make it worse.

Everything that's been discussed up to post#29 seems to cover this topic. There's really nothing more to it.

Exactly why something like the patron upgrade exists — it deters scammers who are looking for low hanging

If I upgrade to patron, can I sell my personal rig here?
I have been trying but anything and everything gets filtered even for normal discussions (not buy sell related)
I dont want to low ball the chats with useless info and blank knowledge

I have been trying but anything and everything gets filtered even for normal discussions (not buy sell related)
Use Olx and deal with local buyers.

And be a bit more honest :p :-

1707744910424.png

We can create a dedicated subforum for new or restricted users interested in buying or selling. This area provides a safer space, especially for buyers, with the option for experienced users or moderators to step in and offer assistance voluntarily. This structured platform promotes trust and accountability while addressing moderation concerns effectively.

Use Olx and deal with local buyers.

And be a bit more honest :p :-

View attachment 190539
Sir, I have been honest! I can't have my voice heard anywhere, so gave it a try!
was confused about patron but all messages were getting stuck for mod approval!
wanted to buy but couldnt message and the product got sold.
so i was impatient
As for the Selling part, on the bottom i had mentioned if any mod sees to contact me so i could verify my authenticity!
How ever it seems that that is not possible!
And still now the question i asked was not answered
If I upgrade to patron, can I sell my personal rig here?
???
Thanks mods!

Back