IT Ministry orders VPN providers, crypto players to store user data for five years

Should we all be worried about increasing VPN costs
Increase in VPN costs should be less than 5% as per my calculation in the post above. Depending on the service provider, they could easily absorb the cost and not increase the price at all.

With such expensive fuel, power and electronics, mining in India is anyway idiotic. And just for crypto trading, "biggies" could easily open an office in countries where it makes sense. Which the "biggies" are already doing.

Increase in VPN costs should be less than 5% as per my calculation in the post above. Depending on the service provider, they could easily absorb the cost and not increase the price at all.

With such expensive fuel, power and electronics, mining in India is anyway idiotic. And just for crypto trading, "biggies" could easily open an office in countries where it makes sense. Which the "biggies" are already doing.
Biggies will also store their monies in such countries instead of here. I don't know why.

It's foreign craze I assume.

I heard about a bollywood biggie using another firm as front for his crypto mining. Let's assume the area is in the matter of a warehouse size here in Maharastra.

Then why he does not go to foreign I don't know to do his mining agenda maybe because of standards of real-estate prices there I suppose and many other factors.

Here there is a pyramid hierarchy I suppose starting from the bottom to the top where the next man up covers his below. Maybe. Until it all falls apart or anybody from that hierarchy becomes not satisfied with his cut or other agenda.

Will Indian gov ever do anything about the hundreds(or thousands?) of organized scammer groups who are spoiling India's image internationally? Do they even face some jail time after getting caught by foreign youtubers?

Will Indian gov ever do anything about the hundreds(or thousands?) of organized scammer groups who are spoiling India's image internationally? Do they even face some jail time after getting caught by foreign youtubers?
Foreign youtubers don't or can't catch organized scammers its their respective law enforcement agencies who does or can do by law.

It's called inter agency cooperation. You can Google this if anybody wants.

Without this there would be all thieves everywhere but no hard working people anywhere. Even on olx there are thousands of scams occurring but olx itself puts or keeps watch or if the monetary loss is huge then it goes to the local law enforcement department.

There are some paid youtubers here in India who gives reviews only on certain products even though they are bad. We just buy them because we trust them right or we watch several youtubers reviews so here also there are many youtubers who do the same.

I don't think any Indian youtuber or youtubers abroad are doing or reported did any scams please elucidate me.

Foreign youtubers don't or can't catch organized scammers its their respective law enforcement agencies who does or can do by law.

It's called inter agency cooperation. You can Google this if anybody wants.

Without this there would be all thieves everywhere but no hard working people anywhere. Even on olx there are thousands of scams occurring but olx itself puts or keeps watch or if the monetary loss is huge then it goes to the local law enforcement department.

There are some paid youtubers here in India who gives reviews only on certain products even though they are bad. We just buy them because we trust them right or we watch several youtubers reviews so here also there are many youtubers who do the same.

I don't think any Indian youtuber or youtubers abroad are doing or reported did any scams please elucidate me.
I think he is talking about all the scams run by Indians targeting elderly people in US and Canada like the one below. Some of the overseas YouTubers engage with these scamsters and make them waste their time and irritate them, for entertainment, though the level of crime from these scamsters is serious.

Note that the action was initiated by US Fed in this case and the Indian law/political setup is generally ambivalent about these scams as the pay-off is huge from these operators.

Laws like these don't catch terrorists. More often than not, these will be used to target journalists and opposition party leaders.
How do you know that ?

This is only the most recent. What most are not aware is how many attempts have been foiled over the past few years. I am quite amazed. And the reason is the tracking along with better leadership.

In this game pass mark is 100%. 99% is not enough.
Bogeyman of terrorism is used by government to control the population. USA did it with many times with PATRIOT Act and other laws. Our government is doing the same.
How many succesful terror attacks in the US since 9/11 ? How many in India since 26/11 because that is the benchmark every one likes to use.

It used to be we would see tens of pages long threads here on this subject before 26/11. After that I hardly see any.

The first critique for such govt action is invasion of privacy. But without security how much is that privacy worth or anything else we take for granted.
I would love to see a graphical comparison of how much data each and every government ask for to put things into the light.
With the US almost everything since long ago. What they can do with that data is a better question.
To be completely straight-forward it's obvious and we all know that this has become a direct order by the govt to track and trace anyone, like any single one of us, who has ANYTHING to do against the govt's policies, it doesn't matter whether it's a simple social media criticsm, a blog post against a policy or serious terrorist act.
Govts do not have the resources to deal with the first two, ony the last. First two only matter if some one files a case and you have that wonderful amendment back in 1951 for Article 19(ii) to thank for that.
We are not far off from being China or Russia censorship level.
Canadians recently froze bank accounts of all organisers of the truckers protests. This is under that liberal leader known as justin Trudeau who declared emergency to have the powers to do so. And that bugger was saying India should have dialog with farm protesters. Where was the 'dialog' in Canada with the truckers !!! First he went into hiding, then after three weeks cracked the whip. It's ok because polls showed over 60% Canadians supported such action.

When have we done that ? Recently,there were so many opportunities. Shaheen Bagh, Anti CAA and farmer protests. How many miscreants caught ?

Months of disruption for daily commuters and govt does nothing. Not a damn thing.

To top it all an entirely legal law on farm reforms passed and then the Supreme Court stays it in effect killing it.

Should I be worried about democracy and rule of law in India or Canada :nailbiting:

Last edited:
The committee is yet to release its report.

Nearly four months into the inquiry, the committee apparently expressed disappointment with a large number of activists, who had taken up the task of moving the SC for an SIT probe into the Pegasus controversy, for not submitting their phones for verification of their claims, resulting in a slow progress towards reaching any conclusion, sources told TOI.
All this song and dance but when it comes to put up people are not coming forward.

Why are these 'victims' denying themselves justice ? What is the reason ?

This has happened in other instances. People initiate something in the SC, then get cold feet for wahtever reason and forget the SC cannot stop what it has started.

The SC had said that the inquiry would be completed expeditiously but had not set any time limit for its completion.
Great, who knows when this will conclude

the Centre had refused to file a detailed affidavit narrating the spyware it uses. Explaining the Centre’s predicament, Mehta had said filing of an affidavit would put in the public domain details of software used by the government agencies to intercept communications between enemies of India and terror organisations with their sleeper cells.
Thank God for that.

Question still stands ? how do you know

Last edited:
I think he is talking about all the scams run by Indians targeting elderly people in US and Canada like the one below. Some of the overseas YouTubers engage with these scamsters and make them waste their time and irritate them, for entertainment, though the level of crime from these scamsters is serious.

Note that the action was initiated by US Fed in this case and the Indian law/political setup is generally ambivalent about these scams as the pay-off is huge from these operators.
If you try to report such cases, almost all Indian police dept. will cite that the crime happened outside India so that is outside of our jurisdiction and will refuse to register FIR.

If you try to report such cases, almost all Indian police dept. will cite that the crime happened outside India so that is outside of our jurisdiction and will refuse to register FIR.
Same is the case everywhere. Why is Mallya and other fugitives hiding in London ? because he broke no laws in London :bored:

India's new VPN rules come into effect from June. This will be enforced loosely for the time being. But after a while, once corporations that run their own internal VPNs, as well as some "India-based" VPNs comply with the new rules, the government is likely to bring in fresh directives banning all VPNs that do not respect India's demands. This ban is likely to be through ISPs like Airtel and Jio, similar to how China blocks VPNs, and through Google and Apple's app stores. As an extreme measure, the authorities may even make it near impossible for Indians to pay for services from global VPN providers.
Source: indiatoday

Same is the case everywhere. Why is Mallya and other fugitives hiding in London ? because he broke no laws in London :bored:
Every corrupt politician like who was a former CM of AP is safely storing their wealth in London, Ambani bought Rs.600 crore worth mansion recently in November last year in London, Neerav Modi is in London and there was a clause put by the British that in order for them to either extradite the thieves we need to win in their courts and they will do the rest.

Since our judicial system is loosely based on them like almost all common wealth nations follow the same laws so if their court sets at least 1 precedent by allowing one person to be extradited then there is no need for further fighting much in their courts just cite the precedent and they will need to extradite them.
This is also pertains to all the wealth stored there.

This became a norm since 2008 which was a economic recession for them and caused much loss and they changed their policy of citizenship.

Who ever is willing to pay a certain amount like in millions of pounds will get permanent citizenship which they provided citing as foreign investment so that it won't conflict with their local laws.

They went to this extraordinary measures just to boost their economy and which became a norm. It's like free monies to them.

No theif from India crossed the Atlantic to America because they have a strict policy over hoarding of money.

So all theives in 1 place. More to say all looters in 1 place.

So our govt since 2014 were trying their best to get at least one of them but it is seeming one step forward & two steps backward.

Again the precedent will be eligible for all the looted wealth stored there. This is what we are asking like as per our petition.

Do you know about Cabal or the Elite, all of them stay in London but their wealth is distributed across the world in many tran-national companies or with their foot holders which is again used to either control or manipulate or do both.

Then the question arises here why in hell would these elite help their own govt but they won't. If all their wealth goes back then Britain will become the richest capitalist economy in the world no need for these foolish measures but maybe they did for a reason who knows.

Many people became millionaries and billionaires then where will they store their wealth if it can be created attractive which will and can be used as a tool right. I hope you can understand. This applies to the corrupt politicians wealth also I suppose from across the world.

Another popular destination used to be South America & Cuba but they seemed to have a joined a pact while one or two fell for the Chinese tactics and became like Sri Lanka.

The VPN providers have already stated that they will not comply as they will follow the laws of the country in which they are incorporated. That essentially means they have to officially cut off Indian users.

I think they will probably just offload users who register themselves as being from India, so it should still be possible to register with fake addresses if required, provided Indian payment itself is not blocked, in which case there will be no option but to use gift cards or cryptocurrencies.

c8210e53-b6f9-42a2-85d7-6253d485069e.jpg

Show some mercy to those poor terrorists who want to abide by the law and could use only Indian VPNs, where will they go?

“What you do in this world is a matter of no consequence. The question is what can you make people believe you have done.” - Sherlock Holmes ~150 years ago.

It's never been so truer than in the present moment. Govt can get by any BS and it knows it'll have its bhaktas to defend it blindly. Today, no one wants to pause for a moment and verify the claims that are being made. Thinking has been made uncool.

And the first one to bite the dust...

Realising the dream of a "Police State" with China as our Role Model. No wonder we look towards China for inspiration.
Achha h... Anyways who would use a VPN in India to connect to Indian servers only :tearsofjoy: I use ExpressVPN primarily but connect to SG servers or anywhere as needed but India.

Seems like they added a re-routed server through SG? The UK one existed before and a native Mumbai server also existed and Chennai too IIRC. Those are removed now.
1654184415427.png

PS: Pulling VPN servers from India doesn't mean you won't be able to use the VPN. It just means that the VPN provider would not be able to provide a VPN server location in India to connect to.

Last edited:
Govt can get by any BS and it knows it'll have its bhaktas to defend it blindly.
This only applies in countries that are govern by law not rule of law.

Meaning, with the latter you can take the govt to court or challenge them based on existing laws.

In the recent case of farm laws all it took was street agitation to get the govt to back off.

Are we a rule of law country where laws democratically passed can be repealed as easy as that ?

PS: Pulling VPN servers from India doesn't mean you won't be able to use the VPN. It just means that the VPN provider would not be able to provide a VPN server location in India to connect to.
Would hurt the NRI fanbase..;)
Besides, it won't take long for issuing a dikkat to VPN providers to not allow any services, to and from India.
Let's wait and watch the fun..

Back