It's a boy, and his name is....

Awesomely nice chip?.... certainly!

nice buy?...i have my reservations :p

Though I sure hope, and know you'll Enjoy playing arnd with your new toy..err boy :D

Just one Q...If youare a blind enthusiast I wudnt Question, but just otherwise, will you sincerely use this power...Will it make 0.01% difference when compared to E6600 OC to 3.6...

For real-time monitoring/recording, totally. Even with the X6800 @ 4GHz, I know there will still be latency, albeit at 1/5th of a second or lower... you can never have enough speed ;) Besides, it won't be a bottleneck in newer games while running SLI/Crossfire - at least not this year ;)

As well, the X6800 is capable of higher speeds at lower voltages, which means it will simply run cooler. To me it boils down to a rig that can run 4GHz 24x7 at low temps. That's what I paid for, not the name alone.

Guys here the link

Did this while playing GRAW :p no instability, and the heatsink was still cool. Only thing is had a table fan on, which was blowing on me and the board. Could have been a factor ;) rig was open no cabby

I expected a screen with CPU-Z showing clockspeed and TAT/Coretemp showing temperatures, with SuperPI in the background :p

with the thread title and the legend returning to TE i thought RiO got hold of a dinner party with Techboi the great !!!!! :p :bleh: :tongue:

i was disappointed.

good purchase RiO.. enjoy.

RiO said:
I expected a screen with CPU-Z showing clockspeed and TAT/Coretemp showing temperatures, with SuperPI in the background :p

C'mon man it isn't my rig...I've got nothing to gain blowin smoke up any1's a$$ here...I just felt that the qx6700 isn't as hot :bleh: a proccy as people here feel...

vandal said:
Guys here the link

Did this while playing GRAW :p no instability, and the heatsink was still cool. Only thing is had a table fan on, which was blowing on me and the board. Could have been a factor ;) rig was open no cabby

where is the rest of the SuperPi numbers :S .. duh i mean the miliseconds :p

vandal said:
C'mon man it isn't my rig...I've got nothing to gain blowin smoke up any1's a$$ here...I just felt that the qx6700 isn't as hot :bleh: a proccy as people here feel...
Feeling it isn't as hot doesn't prove anything - I've heard horror stories, and I wanted to compare the temps you were getting with those :) If you can't show temps, what do I compare to? I'm trying to prove a point, that QX with two conroes glued together is a bad idea because of the heat. 3.5ghz is not a viable 24x7 overclock even under water BECAUSE of the temps.

vandal said:

Duh... how do u claim that without showing temps in TAT/CoreTemp? Load all 4 cores in TAT and then report the temps :p. Guarantee its gonna be north of 80... maybe even 90 :p.

Chaos said:
Duh... how do u claim that without showing temps in TAT/CoreTemp? Load all 4 cores in TAT and then report the temps :p. Guarantee its gonna be north of 80... maybe even 90 :p.

Will do...now I'm interested meself to see just how high temps go.

RiO said:
Great, look forward to your post with the temps...

I will bet u 10 beers that we will never see a "meaningful" screen shot. I mean cmon vandal, cant you a bit more "smart?" Even kids around this forum "appear" to hv more knowledge about overclocking and stability testing compared to you. And you work for that prestigious magazine. Whats up?

Wanna show us some screenies... stop describing scenarios and lengths...

start 2 ORTHOS sessions and one CORETEMP and show us the temparature. I mean it cant hurt to do something meaningful to others for say like 5 mins?

And get a more recent SuperPi. The one you have is OOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Regards and hardly any offense,

Karan

Back