It's a boy, and his name is....

kId0...I'm the last person to take offense.

Your deductions about my mental faculties are a touch wrong though. May I protest? Dare to explain?

The prestigious magazine where I work is about IT in general, IT careers, IT hardware and software etc etc...A consumer magazine.

We don't OC at all at least officially. Besides we usually put in late hours working and even take work home with us, unlike college kids havin beers after coaching classes...;) no offense rule still applies.

I didn't run superpi to post the results here, else I'd have done so in October when I ran those tests. Just happened to see this thread and thought I'd add my two bits. If I'm wrong, well I'm wrong...I remember gaming for 2-3 hours that night, with no issues.

Once again karu :p I don't get paid to OC and post stuff on TE...That's left up to smart, contributing members like you...no offense.

Like rio said my curosity has been piqued, and i'll satisfy it sometime soon. Will try and me a little 'smarter' than u college boys and run all the benchies you've requested...may even PM you to gimme the details of which tests to run!

No offense friend, as you said...;)

Rio sorry for jackin your thread pal :)

KiD0M4N said:
I will bet u 10 beers that we will never see a "meaningful" screen shot. I mean cmon vandal, cant you a bit more "smart?" Even kids around this forum "appear" to hv more knowledge about overclocking and stability testing compared to you. And you work for that prestigious magazine. Whats up?

Wanna show us some screenies... stop describing scenarios and lengths...

start 2 ORTHOS sessions and one CORETEMP and show us the temparature. I mean it cant hurt to do something meaningful to others for say like 5 mins?

And get a more recent SuperPi. The one you have is OOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Regards and hardly any offense,

Karan

vandal said:
kId0...I'm the last person to take offense.

Your deductions about my mental faculties are a touch wrong though. May I protest? Dare to explain?

The prestigious magazine where I work is about IT in general, IT careers, IT hardware and software etc etc...A consumer magazine.

We don't OC at all at least officially. Besides we usually put in late hours working and even take work home with us, unlike college kids havin beers after coaching classes...;) no offense rule still applies.

I didn't run superpi to post the results here, else I'd have done so in October when I ran those tests. Just happened to see this thread and thought I'd add my two bits. If I'm wrong, well I'm wrong...I remember gaming for 2-3 hours that night, with no issues.

Once again karu :p I don't get paid to OC and post stuff on TE...That's left up to smart, contributing members like you...no offense.

Like rio said my curosity has been piqued, and i'll satisfy it sometime soon. Will try and me a little 'smarter' than u college boys and run all the benchies you've requested...may even PM you to gimme the details of which tests to run!

No offense friend, as you said...;)

Rio sorry for jackin your thread pal :)

1 PICTURE is worth more than 1 MILLION "meaniningful" words.

quite honestly whats happenin to TE ? I mean this thread is like the Cold war :p so instead of flaming there is er ....Snowing goin on here :S ....No offense to vandal or karan but this is gettin stupid, i mean stupider than some techboy threads :| ... i know u guys take ur OCin seriously :p but still ur fighting over 20 degrees centrigrade :S..

I don't question how much u guys know, but look where this thread has gone, no one is talkin about the X6800 now, ... lame... :no: ... U can argue among urselves via PMs, because frankly this isn't helpin at all.

Take it easy guys, no one's trying to prove the other wrong... we're genuinely interested in what the QX6700 can do with a stock cooler :) I decided *against* the QX6700 because of it's insane temperatures - 20C btw is A LOT and I wouldn't put it as light as you did shrey ;)

...and stop trying to read between lines when there's nothing there :p If you think there is, feel free to start a new thread in the feedback section so the mods can close it, don't force them to close my thread :D

RiO said:
Take it easy guys, no one's trying to prove the other wrong... we're genuinely interested in what the QX6700 can do with a stock cooler :) I decided *against* the QX6700 because of it's insane temperatures - 20C btw is A LOT and I wouldn't put it as light as you did shrey ;)

...and stop trying to read between lines when there's nothing there :p

Point to be noted....

I have nothing against Vandal... just when he tries to impart knowledge which he himself admits not to have a couple of posts later on, it pinches. Thats all.

If he said, "I think stock cooler is enough for stock operations. It gets hot, but its okay as it operates under spec."

But instead he said "I played game XX for YY hour and see I ran SuperPi old edition... it is ownage and X68 is lame."

That is just sad.

Regards,

Karan

PS: I must agree, I should tone down my rhetoric, it never seems to help some people. I end up coming out as a villian.

RiO said:
$800 + $50 shipping to India + 500 bucks customs.

I have just one question....How did you manage to get away with paying 500 INR for customs on a 850$ item?

Wait I lied I have a second question...Do you get local Intel Warranty? (I'm pretty sure this ones a "no".)

PS: I must agree, I should tone down my rhetoric, it never seems to help some people. I end up coming out as a villian.

well yea you got that right, i guess no one meant anything offensive...peace ! :p

Anyway,
have just one question....How did you manage to get away with paying 500 INR for customs on a 850$ item?

i second that ... how ?

That's correct... after searching close to 2 months for a good stepping. Most X6800's sell for $900... you have to watch the marketplace for a while before you find a good deal.

^^Rio respect for you buddy, no offense meant, didn't mean to crap ur thread...I'll take the time to try some stuff with that proccy soon.

Karan nothing wrong with what u said just that I've discovered over time you're one guy who cannot go without having the last word...which is exactly what I'm doing now...lets bury the hatchet friend...

bit of advice from a well-wisher watch the temper and the words, others do take offense, been there done that...
anyways lets drop this...
My bad for persuming too much without testing stuff!!

@ rio did you get away with the extremely low valuation because of the dimunitive size of the package? Do our customs guys go by weight? We all know they know squat about such stuff...;)

Package was large, with a $1000 chip you want to pack it as secure as possible. I got away with low duty for 2 reasons - 1, it was valued at $100 and 2, the customs invoice read Rs.1028 + handling and clearance, but it was struck out and overwritten with Rs.207 - no idea where that came from :p

So got the CPU and mobo so far, bastid :p

What did you decide about the GPU btw? Going for the 8800 or waiting for the R600?

BTW there's BFGtech ka card coming with a waterblock if you don't already know.

That BFG card is not worth it @ $800... if I want, I can buy the card for $550 and the waterblock for $130 :D But no hurry with the video card until I see what ATI and NVIDIA release in the next couple of months.

RiO said:
Package was large, with a $1000 chip you want to pack it as secure as possible. I got away with low duty for 2 reasons - 1, it was valued at $100 and 2, the customs invoice read Rs.1028 + handling and clearance, but it was struck out and overwritten with Rs.207 - no idea where that came from :p

Santa visited you again I see...anyway cheers!! Now lets see 4G...

RiO said:
That BFG card is not worth it @ $800... if I want, I can buy the card for $550 and the waterblock for $130 :D But no hurry with the video card until I see what ATI and NVIDIA release in the next couple of months.

Consider it though, BFGtech won't void the warranty if you throw water on it ;o

Let us know when the girl [GPU :p] comes!

Back