Its white, its mobile and its one of the most unique gadgets in India now! (Pics-Pg2)

@nitant: I said "one of the most unique". Definitely much fewer in number than the iPhones, WinMos and 5800s! :)

@Sudarshan: Thanks! :D

@Dinesh: The screen is a beauty indeed. Am still getting used to touch navigation but its so fluid!

@Magnet: I promise a review by Next Sunday!

@cisco_tech: Thanks!

@hotshot05: Its Cupcake out-of-the-box. So no urgent update required. I've gone crazy in AndroidMarket already! :D

@SoulFire: Thanks!

@Lord Nemesis: To very honest, the iPhone only outshines this in the sheer size (0.3" difference) but crank up the brightness and the richness of both displays are outstanding. I work at a design house where a LOT of people use iPhones.

@thetoxicmind: The PicMan has to post pics right? :)

@antonieo: The cam is okay. Nothing great (I am upgrading from a Cybershot SE K790i!), but for me NO phone-camera will be good! Search for "Google G1" on eBay India, its easy to find. Look for a good seller.

@Namic: Thanks!

Waiting for your review on sunday.

Luv this phone ...But i prefer a phone without a camera.
Luv to see a full scale review with video playback on the phone....:)

Well, the 160GB HDD isn't here STILL...BUT..

With my bro's help, I've rooted the phone and loaded Cyanogen's ROM 3.6.8.1 on it!

I now have 5 homescreens, the HTC Diamond 2/Hero keyboard and input features and complete moddability! :D I skipped the JF 1.5.1 ROM but might go to it soon. Lovely experience!

Only issue: The horrible horrible backlighting on the White G1's keyboard. You can't see anything on the keyboard in some lighting and angles. :| It's frustrating.

But I'll live with it for the overall smooth experience. Review coming up soon! :)

Cheers!
Payne

Eagerly waiting for the review. Would like it if you can compare it with iphone, if you can get hold of it somehow. I am an iphone user, and till date haven't found anything quite as simple and useful. If G1 is a worthy of all the praise, I will jump the wagon.

My hearty congrats to Mr. D.Payne on his wonderful purchase. Well surely it is a unique gadget in India as of now. Will try to get one in the coming months, but only after listening a positive feedback or review from Mr.D

Back