Jio Gigafiber rollout

As for as i know FTTH will be launched in Early Jan Next year . I has a JIO Fibre box right below my first floor Flat in noida and will need just 100Mtr cable to get it inside my house but there is no way at the moment.

Been using jio SIM for almost a year now, I know what their speeds were initially. Has seen speeds of 50 mbps on my phone measured via speedtest . Part of problem is that they are facing a Network glitch due to which speeds are getting badly affected & worst is their vendors are unable to identify & resolve it. It;s been going on for almost more than a month now .

Source - My close relative who works for them in engineering & involved in Planning & roll out of cell sites.
Hi Sushil,

How did your neighbour got the fiber connection, does it have nvidia box as available.

Regards

When Ambani said 2.5 Lakh crores when actually they invested 1.5 Lakh crore..

So Where’s The Additional Rs 1 Lakh Crore Going?

At Reliance Industries’ 42nd shareholder meeting, Ambani had said Reliance Jio plans to enter the fibre-to-home business, but did not detail the additional investments it had planned over and above the Rs 1.5 lakh crore it has already invested in Reliance Jio.

Starting in select cities, Jio is rolling out a fibre-to-home wireline network. This initiative will push the power of data even further, and will offer data speeds up to 1 Gigabit per second. Again, this is at par with the most advanced wireline offerings anywhere in the world. Our plan is to progressively extend this network to more and more cities. At the same time, Jio will also be extending this optical fiber network to enterprise locations. Mukesh Ambani, CMD, Reliance Industries at 42nd Annual General Meeting.

Reliance Jio will invest Rs 1 lakh crore over the next three years on the rollout of fibre-to-home wireline network in eight cities, said a company official on the condition of anonymity. The pilot project has already begun in parts of Mumbai and Navi Mumbai, he added.

http://www.bloombergquint.com/busin...s-25-lakh-crore-investment-says-mukesh-ambani

Some badass internet is coming India's way.

8 cities over the next 3 years might be a mistake since they have good coverage and said to cover other cities in near future. The cost looks small too.

8 cities over the next 3 years might be a mistake since they have good coverage and said to cover other cities in near future. The cost looks small too.
Atria convergence technologies spent around ₹ 4,000 Crores and they're in some 11 cities with minimal coverage in majority of the cities. Also, Don't think Jio just meant 1 Lakh crore for just FTTH and 8 cities, If i'm not wrong they're targeting some 150 cities on an wide scale with majority of the interest in top 8-10 cities.

OT:

According to Malladi, Atria is currently posting 30,000 net additions per month. “We will run ahead of MTNL soon. We have the ambitious plan to touch two million broadband subscribers within 30 months with best-in-class customer service and state-of-the-art fibre product,” he says. Leading the charge, Malladi expanded Atria’s footprint to five new cities in the last two years. They are Coimbatore, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Tirupati and Eluru, potential high-growth broadband cities in south India. “We may add one or two cities in the next 30 months. But our main strategy will be to deepen our presence in the existing cities,” says Malladi.

Read more at: http://www.televisionpost.com/special-reports/atria-in-race-to-become-indias-3rd-largest-wired-broadband-player-narrows-gap-with-mtnl/4/ | TelevisionPost.com

Sectors in Noida have been seeing these flyers since the past 2 days.

100 Mbps per month till 100 GB. 1Mbps post FUP.
Rs 4500/- (refundable) to be paid via cheque.

Last edited:
with the way their 4g network performs im happy with my airtel at the moment. zero downtime and consistent 8-10 mbps performance. hopefully airtel will offer better upgraded plans when jio comes to gurgaon.

Where can we get accurate info on availability of FTTH for our areas? Don't think reliance Jio contact centre themselves have a clue

Reliance Jio, Disappointing Indians since 2012
Reliance, Disappointing Indians since 2002
First it was the CDMA bubble where they distributed handsets for rs501/- and it met the same fate.
Same approach. (Dont forget it was Mukesh's brain child even then). Offer loads of free stuff and disturb the eco system's stability...
Then the services crapped and Reliance became a joke. There was a joke like Mukesh Ambani calls Dhirubhai and Dhirubhai says pls call on my BPL no I cant listen to you....
Even then they disturbed the market by flouting rules and offering mobility services but disguising it as fixed line offerings to gain govt benefits, etc.
Later they changed the fixed line numbering service to a proper 10 digit mobile no of the 93 series.

Its a dejavou with JIO. Offer loads of free stuff. People flock to buy it. Then offer the most crappy service on the planet and spoil the stable eco system(whatever was) created by the other operators.
In my case I have got a reply from @JioCare on twitter acknowledging the issues in my areas since last 2 months and accepting that they still are working towards resolving it.

This is a boon for the incumbents. Because even before JIO could make a significant mark on the minds of customers it is actually getting bashed by the same customers who were supposed to be their brand ambassadors....

Right, so when I called over the Reliance agent to finalize the deal for 3 months worth of 'Welcome offer', the revelation:-

Every month will have 100 GB worth of download limit,
Beyond 100 GB download, the speeds will fall down to 1Mbps.

Cancelled the plan to use Reliance Jio bband with this ridiculous post FUP speed. Hathway is giving 50 Mbps till 150 GB, and 2 Mbps beyond. Rental: Rs 1034/-

@bssunilreddy

@Spacescreamer

Some of us would still like to have the Jio Fiber..... I am paying MTNL Rs.2000 for 8Mbps @ 90GB

Almost zero downtime on MTNL..... but pricing is ridiculous.... I would like to bring my net cost down to Rs.1000

Right, so when I called over the Reliance agent to finalize the deal for 3 months worth of 'Welcome offer', the revelation:-

Cancelled the plan to use Reliance Jio bband with this ridiculous post FUP speed. Hathway is giving 50 Mbps till 150 GB, and 2 Mbps beyond. Rental: Rs 1034/-

@bssunilreddy
I would have done the same
100GB limit is too low with that speed or even with 10Mbps
Right now I'm paying 1300+ for just 1Mbps and zero downtime to MTNL and i still manage to download more than 70GB. This is considering that i have stopped buying games due to their 50GB+ sizes
Even if i get 10Mbps i will atleast download 150GB
So their offering of 100Mbps with only 100GB is huge disappointment for me since with new isp you will be facing a lot of downtime and it won't be covered up by big big download limit

Some of us would still like to have the Jio Fiber..... I am paying MTNL Rs.2000 for 8Mbps @ 90GB
Almost zero downtime on MTNL..... but pricing is ridiculous.... I would like to bring my net cost down to Rs.1000

I am well aware of that. My post only was meant to provide the complete info, and compare it with the existing plan that I have in order to explain why I am not going ahead with it.

It still is a pretty viable option, and more so for people who do not have access to high speed internet like you mentioned.

So their offering of 100Mbps with only 100GB is huge disappointment for me since with new isp you will be facing a lot of downtime

My major disappointment with them is the post FUP speed. Cutting down the speed to 1/100th is ridiculous.
Even Bangladesh has 2Mbps defined as broadband these days, and reliance kinda hiding behind the ridiculously govt defined bband speed was disheartening.

They will probably increase post FUP speeds once the 3 month free offer is over and they get some proper idea of the overall load on their infrastructure...

@Spacescreamer

Did you get tariff from the Reliance agent for after Free period??

They will probably increase post FUP speeds once the 3 month free offer is over and they get some proper idea of the overall load on their infrastructure...

I don't get why it is called 3 month free offer when they are charging Rs4500 for 3 months. Even though it is refundable but still
I know many people who got 3-4 jio sim just because it was free (completely)
If they would have asked for Rs150(refundable) per sim then they would have hardly taken 1sim

Did you get tariff from the Reliance agent for after Free period??

Nah. The guy was clueless about the actual plans.

I don't get why it is called 3 month free offer when they are charging Rs4500 for 3 months. Even though it is refundable but still

They ll be putting up equipment in the house, plus the wiring as well. 4500 is the security against the devices which ll be provided to the users.

@bssunilreddy
What is your Hathway Plan Name?

I have hathway and it goes down a lot. Many time it has 1mbps speed issue also.

Back