Jio Gigafiber rollout

Just the beginning.
Users/Voters/citizens are mere puppet in their view.
These corporations and politicians are very much assured that
no one will question them whatever they do.
and if someone does, they already posses all the tools to control public opinion.

Legally, Jio owns all its routers.
Users are only allowed to use these routers for a security-amount.
Similarly they own all their jio phones and they will enable/disable any feature/function in such devices at their wish.

Just the beginning.
Users/Voters/citizens are mere puppet in their view.
These corporations and politicians are very much assured that
no one will question them whatever they do.
and if someone does, they already posses all the tools to control public opinion.

Legally, Jio owns all its routers.
Users are only allowed to use these routers for a security-amount.
Similarly they own all their jio phones and they will enable/disable any feature/function in such devices at their wish.
Reminds me of the web series from Netflix (Continuum) - Exact story is depicted; its better you guys watch it (don't want to spoil your curiosity).

Not mainstream media but someone decided to write about it:

Post automatically merged:

Here's some more weird and shady (if true) shit:

It's clear that this is for both mesh and auto configuration of new Jio devices. Nothing weird. There's no documentation on it, but logically,, that's the use for most hidden SSIDs. My Orbi also has a hidden network for backhaul with satellites.

Jio is having some financial problems or else they feel that they have enough customers...Because they don't want o expand their fiber coverage any more. Since the launch bilaspur, chhattisgarh having the connection but not to the 5 kms away that is where the new high court of a state is situated. Pathetic customer care and pathetic jio..This is what happens when monopoly is there..

Jio is having some financial problems or else they feel that they have enough customers...Because they don't want o expand their fiber coverage any more. Since the launch bilaspur, chhattisgarh having the connection but not to the 5 kms away that is where the new high court of a state is situated. Pathetic customer care and pathetic jio..This is what happens when monopoly is there..

JIO put underground cables 3 years before in our city, complted full work just in a month with massive number for laborers/machines working day/night and cover all city via undergound cable.... but till today (after 1095 days) unable to start service...

Jio Gigafiber could have picked up traction in its inital startup but the greedy FUP packages just put off a very large number of the population. IIRC, only recently did they introduce unlimited plans (Not actually truly unlimited) since people just didn't care about them. Security concerns are also a great factor since Jio seems to love collecting data.
Your local ISPs rates will always be a better choice over Jio Gigafiber unless you have absolutely no options and the ISP is charging out of their ass.
JIO put underground cables 3 years before in our city, complted full work just in a month with massive number for laborers/machines working day/night and cover all city via undergound cable.... but till today (after 1095 days) unable to start service...

They have always been pathetic, only thing I'll agree is that they helped bring better internet prices/packages for the general public. While monopoly ain't great, those greedy telecom bastards deserved to go bankrupt with the Pre-Jio packs and pricings including those VAS that deducted balance out of nowhere.

Last edited:
Jio Gigafiber could have picked up traction in its inital startup but the greedy FUP packages just put off a very large number of the population. IIRC, only recently did they introduce unlimited plans (Not actually truly unlimited) since people just didn't care about them. Security concerns are also a great factor since Jio seems to love collecting data.
Your local ISPs rates will always be a better choice over Jio Gigafiber unless you have absolutely no options and the ISP is charging out of their ass.

They have always been pathetic, only thing I'll agree is that they helped bring better internet prices/packages for the general public. While monopoly ain't great, those greedy telecom bastards deserved to go bankrupt with the Pre-Jio packs and pricings including those VAS that deducted balance out of nowhere.
Yes..This is what is happening..jio started with free services for around 6-7 months killed all the competition or at least the small telecoms and now gradually they are increasing their prices now it is 200 per month. But still as compared to my monthly postpaid package of 650 with Vodafone for 1.5 GB per month it is damn cheap. But now there is only 2, airtel and jio (non existent bsnl) this lethargic process is inevitable. Useless bsnl has all the infrastructure but with useless employees it is pain in the ass of the tax payers.

This is the same situation here in durg also. though i got the connection but after too much struggle. they installed distribution points at some distance but if your home/office is beyond 100m from distribution point, they'll not install it. but service vise they are much better than bsnl, and airtel doesn't give connection in my area, so no option left.

We could expect some more cheap broadband in India within 2-3 years. Jio is expanding capacity and if they sell wholesale bandwidth for less than Airtel/TATA.

This time benefitting Data centers, Tier 2/3 ISP, or businesses.

It's going to be either South Korea/Scandinavian countries like fastest and cheap internet or monopoly.

India-Asia-Xpress (IAX) will connect Mumbai and Chennai to Singapore and interconnect with other Far East countries towards the west coast of the US, while the India-Europe-Xpress (IEX) will connect Mumbai to Europe and interconnect to the east coast of the US.

The two cables are expected to be operational in two years or early 2023.

Last edited:
Here in Mumbai they do not have full coverage for Broadband (underground cabling done since last 2-3 yrs but no service) and will invest in WB

@Emperor The article talks about Undersea Submarine cables and not optic fiber cables.

Even in Hyderabad, they are doing cable rollout since 2015, and yet I do not have Jio Fiber availability in my area :p

Back