Jio : New Plans & Even more data (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Reliance Jio is seemingly limiting the calls that its users can make using VoLTE on its network 300 minutes per day for some users who are apparently misusing the "unlimited calls" feature. This limit, according to reports, will not be available to all users, but only for those who are found misusing the network."

http://m.indiatoday.in/lite/story/j...-to-300-minutes-for-some-users/1/1059761.html

What is the definition of misuse?

If i speak to my gf for 5 hours a day it's fine. But if i speak to her for 6.3 hours Jio decides it's misuse? Shouldn't that be her father's decision?

What is the definition of misuse?

If i speak to my gf for 5 hours a day it's fine. But if i speak to her for 6.3 hours Jio decides it's misuse? Shouldn't that be her father's decision?

I think it's abt really worse mis use.. like people start using it like business u knw.... like start call centre lol and use jio phones to call clients.. honest customers i am sure have a pattern of calls like me, as i call my parents, relatives brothers sis, gf, etc and some unknown numbers may be 20% per month. like let's say in 100 calls, 70% of calls are to same pattern numbers and 30% to unknown.. i am sure u get my point. btw m just guessing.

I think it's abt really worse mis use.. like people start using it like business u knw.... like start call centre lol and use jio phones to call clients.. honest customers i am sure have a pattern of calls like me, as i call my parents, relatives brothers sis, gf, etc and some unknown numbers may be 20% per month. like let's say in 100 calls, 70% of calls are to same pattern numbers and 30% to unknown.. i am sure u get my point. btw m just guessing.
Yo its not final numbers. They'll observe if its crossing the soft limits and put u on restriction.

Jio to jio 20hrs a day is not a problem for them. To other networks is what blast their bills

This is how Airtel said when they started FUP in internet plans. The rest is history.
Yep. Ppl are paying 3999 for 1Gb/day and acceptably unlimited calls to question Jio.

This is how Airtel said when they started FUP in internet plans. The rest is history.

Except that there is no IUC on internet.

FUP is not evil by itself, its a requirement to avoid overburdening the system. What was wrong was that we never had the competition which Jio has brought.[DOUBLEPOST=1506984278][/DOUBLEPOST]
ISPs say a whole lot of emotional things before bringing FUPs. Then, they play their games.

All of the businesses say the same - forget just ISPs. Its how they implement is the key. From 1GB a month, to 1GB a day...

Secondly, Jio has not helped us without helping themselves. They spotted an opening and cut the AVoID cartel, which is now fighting...

Jio knew that there was a 14 paise IUC before they offered UL calls. If someone did use it for 24 hours a day, they just did a perfectly legal thing. Considering the IUC reduced further by TRAI, I don't see any reason for Jio to panic now. Unless of course, this is what they had in their mind since the beginning.

Jio knew that there was a 14 paise IUC before they offered UL calls. If someone did use it for 24 hours a day, they just did a perfectly legal thing. Considering the IUC reduced further by TRAI, I don't see any reason for Jio to panic now. Unless of course, this is what they had in their mind since the beginning.

Yes, they knew there was a 14p IUC charge, but they did not expect people to misuse the calling facility. I keep getting a lot of spam calls with the HD voice icon, indicating its a Jio call.

Jio cannot expect users to self impose an FUP. There maybe very few people who misuse this facility. They knew people would do that. Especially marketeers. Then, why didn't they put an FUP in the first place ? Let's accept it, they have started tightening the net.

From what I saw on a regional newspaper, it said " for all ".[DOUBLEPOST=1507055649][/DOUBLEPOST]NDTV says

1. Only some users faced this

2. A single call cannot go further than 5 hours

3. A 5 hour + call will result in barring of all outgoing calls

4. You would need a ₹ 149 recharge to bring things back to normal

5. Some representative from Jio says it was there before as well

Last edited:
Commercial usage for this plan is defined as outgoing voice usage of 300 minutes per day or 1200 minutes for 7 days or 3,000 minutes per month (28 days), whichever is earlier. Calling to 100 unique MSIDNs in a rolling 7 day period will also constitute commercial usage,”

http://www.hindustantimes.com/tech/...-here-s-why/story-bDXO9SwBCnw4FVG7yq4SXM.html

61639554.jpg

Out of the 3000 mins, Lets assume 70% of the calls are to AVOID or BSNL ...

2100 mins..

2100*0.14rs = Rs 294. Well above what you pay.. they could ask you to recharge for 149 again. Fair Enough!!

It would be 'fair' if they didn't BS unlimited calls earlier.

This is the state of everything these days. My friggin ISP (which has pretty awesome plans otherwise), just changed each recharge to 28 days from the earlier 30.

Nobody is complaining about the cost. Stop thinking chillar all the time. The whole issue here is how they promise something and then find legal loopholes, technicalities and fine-print to renege. If you don't get it by now you probably never will. So go party about the few thousand bucks you saved over the past year.

It's funny how people still think what Jio has done till now is something noble and for their benefit. The bigger picture is that a monopoly of any sort is ALWAYS bad for the consumer in the long run.

And it's 142.5 bucks a month, not 133. A month is NOT 28 days !

Without jio,what you would have been doing?

250 for 750mb data and ruled by AVoiD cartel.

You have to balance both.

I wholeheartedly suppirt fair use as people are indeed misusing the unlimited call parts.

Rather than working on productive things,people waste each other time by meaningless talking.

Wow. I cannot argue with people who spend mere 133/month for 28GB data & 1200 mins/week and still complain.

YU so Cheap!
Hahahahah, That's what the problem is they want it cheep but then if the company changes their policy they call them cheaters, Lol. They don't understand they were paying up to ₹300 for 1gb data and not 150 for 28gb data.

Should thank Jio for this but some has the mentality to crib all the time even if they get it for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back