Jio : New Plans & Even more data (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additional details - Please treat this as rumours until verified

They will be launching 3 feature phones - not just one. Speculation is that starting at 999 and upto 1999 [999/1499/1999]. This is pretty much confirmed, except prices.

They will be launching services on fibre to the home/last mile fibre when active. DTH, Landline, PRI, Internet, MPLS, Leased Lines etc

What do you mean by "when active" ? Does it mean the timeframe for FTTH rollout is still unknown/open?

Got a reply from customer care. It reads:

"Under Rs. 149 plan, the time window from 02am - 05am is defined as free and is referred as Night LTE. During this time, the usage will not be debited from the daily FUP balance OR Data packs purchased by the customer."

So I proceeded to ask them: "Can you confirm that the same will be applicable to non-prime plans from 1st April onwards as well as now?"

They replied:

"We will soon update you, if night unlimited benefit from 2am to 5am is available or not through appropriate channels."

Got this offer from Airtel, definitely going to take it, because I don't get jio network in my house, so jio prime offer is not useful for me
Skitch.png

It's the same offer that swats had earlier, you basically get 500mb a day and free calls up to 300 mins a day.
That's good enough for me, it's much better than before, may not be as good as jio but for me jio is of no use.

That's good enough for me, it's much better than before, may not be as good as jio but for me jio is of no use.
I agree
For usage on mobile, these are very good plans
On a side note Airtel has reduced Infinity plan which started from 549/ to 499/

What do you mean by "when active" ? Does it mean the timeframe for FTTH rollout is still unknown/open?

FTTH rollout for Cityside Mumbai is ongoing and close to completion. They should be tackling the suburbs. In my area last week someone was installing fibres outside my building, when I asked Jio - the guy said yes.

One of my friend recharged online with both Rs 99 and Rs 303, Thinking Free offer has ended. They have queued up the 303 offer to work from April.
If this was airtel/idea, they would have never done like this. Good boy Jio! ;)

Just a heads up.

--- I was told by an Idea Employee to wait till this month end before going for special offer by A-VO-ID cuz they are in a wait and watch mode. If most of the users retain Jio, They'll change offers it seems, Could be 1 or 2 GB/Day.

The present Idea's 346 offer:

- 300mins/day or 1200mins/week
- 500mb/day and 500mb/night (12-6AM) No data carry forward.

After free mins, It's 30p/min. After Free data its 4p/10Kb. Better don't keep any balance if you'll use this offer.

Last edited:
One of my friend recharged online with both Rs 99 and Rs 303, Thinking Free offer has ended. They have queued up the 303 offer to work from April.

Just a heads up.

--- I was told by an Idea Employee to wait till this month end before going for special offer by A-VO-ID cuz they are in a wait and watch mode. If most of the users retain Jio, They'll change offers it seems, Could be 1 or 2 GB/Day.
Voda and Airtel have already released 1GB/day packs for prepaid customers. I am on the lookout for good postpaid pack from Voda but have not heard of anything yet (last I heard, those who wanted to port were offered 6GB/month and unlimited calling for Rs.399 by Voda CC)

Just a heads up.

It is for next month only.

The Jio chap is with me

1. Night data free unlimited @ 2- 5 AM is removed from Prime
2. No limit on hotspot with JioFi device, but it seems it is for Jio phones only.
3. You need to recharge. There is no intimation about grace period info.

Please give me list of questions I need to ask. He will be visiting me on Monday/Tuesday.
Do the non prime plans have night unlimited?

Voda and Airtel have already released 1GB/day packs for prepaid customers. I am on the lookout for good postpaid pack from Voda but have not heard of anything yet (last I heard, those who wanted to port were offered 6GB/month and unlimited calling for Rs.399 by Voda CC)

The whole 1GB/day pack from Airtel is a sham, it is only 500MB/Day and you have to collect the other 500MB at night 3 AM to 5AM.

Confirmed on Apple promotion plan, Unlimited calls, 20gb data with no daily usage cap. Getting 2 more simcards.

iPhone users picking up Jio SIM will have the Welcome offer uptill 2017 end? As in without paying anything like Rs 99 or 303/month?
(somebody ready with an iphone mentioned this, had to confirm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back