Jio : New Plans & Even more data (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's an update on my Jio situation.

On my primary number recharged with 99+149+303, a few days ago i got an sms saying i'm on the SSO. Myjio app is stuck and shows HNY expires 15th April 2017. Site keeps pushing the expiry date one day ahead. Yesterday it was 17th. Today it shows 18th. Guess this will keep going on till they sort our their systems. Apart from the screwed up information, everything is working as before. Also, night unltd seems to be still working. Recharge history seems to have disappeared.

On my alternate numbers, neither of which are recharged for prime or anything, one sim seems to be completely restricted. Shows current as grace plan with 100sms till october something. calls work to jio not to others. Other number shows HNY expires 15th April 2017, and also the grace plan. The daily 1gb just renewed 10 mins ago, and night unltd will also probably work.

On my primary number recharged with 99+149+303, a few days ago i got an sms saying i'm on the SSO. Myjio app is stuck and shows HNY expires 15th April 2017. Site keeps pushing the expiry date one day ahead. Yesterday it was 17th. Today it shows 18th. Guess this will keep going on till they sort our their systems. Apart from the screwed up information, everything is working as before. Also, night unltd seems to be still working. Recharge history seems to have disappeared.
Same here....

So slowly freeloaders are getting washed out. I hope people normalize and get to one user one sim and give up on stupid downloading business just because data is free.

This freeloading and uncontrolled downloading is one of the reason behind fair use policy.

We paying customers suffer because freeloaders saturate and choke up the network.

So slowly freeloaders are getting washed out. I hope people normalize and get to one user one sim and give up on stupid downloading business just because data is free.

This freeloading and uncontrolled downloading is one of the reason behind fair use policy.

We paying customers suffer because freeloaders saturate and choke up the network.

Would you care to elaborate on this 'uncontrolled' downloading you speak of? Because as far as i know there is a 1gb per 24 hours limit (which used to be 4gb at the start) and the unlimited hours of 2-5am certainly aren't choking anyones network.

But if you know some special way of actually freeloading, please share! ;)

What you guys download in the night unlimited and in that one gb quota?

I barely end up using 400-500 mb even after streaming Apple Music for one hour or so.

So what did your previous post mean then?

Coz it almost looked like it was copied from the isp's Handbook of Excuses to Justify FUP

What you guys download in the night unlimited and in that one gb quota?

I barely end up using 400-500 mb even after streaming Apple Music for one hour or so.

I think you have not checked r/datahoarder! Its a digital disease!

We have come to a point where we had to manage 1GB for the entire month, now its for the entire day!

I use mine mainly for browsing and youtube streaming, but very rarely hit the 1GB daily limit.

The only justification for an ISP for FUP is that his network is not capable of giving everyone full speed all the time. And that he wants to make monies.

100% correct.

Which is why i called bs on ambani's excuse of dropping 4gb to 1gb as because of data hogging slowing the network. What if people paid for the 4gb? Wouldn't it slow down then? Bottom line is always money. And the house always wins. Besides, at these speeds, 1gb takes under 10 mins to download.

The argument that they want to earn money is perfectly fine, but..

Which is why i called bs on ambani's excuse of dropping 4gb to 1gb as because of data hogging slowing the network. What if people paid for the 4gb? Wouldn't it slow down then?

That is a purely a rant. It is pretty obvious that people when given the option to pay for the 4GB quota, the numbers opting for it will be far less than the numbers 'enjoying' the 4GB limit.

That is a purely a rant. It is pretty obvious that people when given the option to pay for the 4GB quota, the numbers opting for it will be far less than the numbers 'enjoying' the 4GB limit.

Ok, then how would you explain that compared to when he dropped 4gb to 1gb, the number of subscribers now would be easily more than 4 times what it was then. Why isn't that affecting the system? The reality is that yes, they may have decided that it was more profitable/sustainable/feasible to offer 1gb instead of 4, and that's well within their rights to do so, but blaming that on data hoggers is a poor excuse. the 4gb a day isn't gonna put a dent in QoS for the rest of the users. unless they have a REALLY crappy network.

If an ISP promises something to their users, they should be prepared to deliver, not hide behind stupid FUP clauses. That's the exact opposite of over-provisioning. Kinda reminiscent of the whole United fiasco with airlines overbooking seats and then screwing over a few paying passengers...

Update:

Now the site seems to be in limbo, but details in the myjio app are properly updated.

First up is my non-recharged number, magically still working. Maybe i got it at a slightly later date than my other dead non-recharged sim Nope, actually registered this sim 2 days before the dead one on 8th November. No idea what their criteria is. Says HNY is applicable till 30th June !

Screenshot_2017-04-18-02-06-05_com.jio.myjio.png

Next, my prime+149+303 number is properly showing everything.

Screenshot_2017-04-18-02-09-19_com.jio.myjio.png Screenshot_2017-04-18-02-09-45_com.jio.myjio.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

Working non-recharged sim is also now restricted to grace plan. Free ride over :-/

Upcoming plans have again disappeared from myjio.

Night unlimited gone

Mine was working last night. Is your current plan happy new year?

Got 2 notifications from myJio app. First said services disrupted and next said services restored. Updated the app and now my current plan shows Happy new yr expiriring on 3-May.

Got 2 notifications from myJio app. First said services disrupted and next said services restored. Updated the app and now my current plan shows Happy new yr expiriring on 3-May.
same happened with me. hny is showing the expiration date as 9th may. since i had recharged rs 149 and 303 on 11th april, the call centre guys are telling i am enrolled for SSO and one month of rs 149 plan.
have raised a ticket for the discrepancy, still to be resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back