Joister Broadband

I've got to get a connection from a Joister reseller as they're the only ones allowed in my building.
Anyone have any experience with them?
They've got a 1mbps unlimited plan for Rs.1350, but if the connections unreliable, I'd rather go for a 3g/4g wireless plan.

I've got to get a connection from a Joister reseller as they're the only ones allowed in my building.
Anyone have any experience with them?
They've got a 1mbps unlimited plan for Rs.1350, but if the connections unreliable, I'd rather go for a 3g/4g wireless plan.

Did you read this thread ???

Sorry, didn't read the post where you replied. :blackeye:o_O
Have you had any downtimes? And have you ever needed to speak to their customer service?

The only service I ever enjoyed in my 10-12 years with several ISP was MTNL, I used it for over more than a year & never had a single downtime, not even a bit, infact MTNL linemen / engineers visited my house 2 times just to check if everything was OK & there was never a complaint from my side.

whereas JOISTER is concerned, its my second month now & never had major problems till now, minor server reset / restart here & there.

uploading my speedtest screenshot of my 16MBPS connection taken just now.

3037077294.png

^ I am getting the same. but my uploads are a bit faster around 12- 13 mbps

Since there was no good connection available yet from my local ISP & he was refusing to give me the 16MBPS unlimited at that price. I decided to get 16Mbps 50GB limit for 500Rs. and a 2 mbps unlmited for 1500rs. which is still cheaper that what i used to pay for 4 mbps (rs. 4500)

3037134217.png

Last edited:
^ I am getting the same. but my uploads are a bit faster around 12- 13 mbps

Since there was no good connection available yet from my local ISP & he was refusing to give me the 16MBPS unlimited at that price. I decided to get 16Mbps 50GB limit for 500Rs. and a 2 mbps unlmited for 1500rs. which is still cheaper that what i used to pay for 4 mbps (rs. 4500)

3037134217.png
The only service I ever enjoyed in my 10-12 years with several ISP was MTNL, I used it for over more than a year & never had a single downtime, not even a bit, infact MTNL linemen / engineers visited my house 2 times just to check if everything was OK & there was never a complaint from my side.

whereas JOISTER is concerned, its my second month now & never had major problems till now, minor server reset / restart here & there.

uploading my speedtest screenshot of my 16MBPS connection taken just now.

3037077294.png

Umm why are both your ISP names different?

I took Joister connection 16Mbps unlimited a few weeks back in Pune. Though speed is not an issue for websites situated within India, if the website is outside India speed varies a lot.

Ookla, Seoul PING 260 ms DOWNLOAD 1.25 Mbps UPLOAD 1.43 Mbps
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7051814757

AT&T, Los Angeles PING 256 ms DOWNLOAD 0.83 Mbps UPLOAD 1.7 Mbps
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7051818978

SysEleven GmbH, Berlin PING 134 ms DOWNLOAD 1.25 Mbps UPLOAD 2.54 Mbps
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7051823415

A big joke is for some websites like github, I get pathetic speeds like 20-25 KBps. Do others also face same issue?

I always thought of getting joister in Pune as in Mumbai I had good exp for 5yrs. But reading this i might 2nd.
Didnt you took this concern to their cc ?

@nRiTeCh, I have opened a case with Joister. However, I am not getting a positive response so far. They are claiming that the speed issue may be with International Gateway. I am not buying that argument, I think that they are having too many customers in Pune now. So their available bandwidth is consumed due to insufficient provision. They have still not closed my complaint, so I will pursue them for getting this resolved.

Can any Joister customer from Pune please post your results for above locations?

Wtf? Whats the logic. So are they promoting to surf handful of india sites only? Then why spend so much on isp, better of with basic 3g.
Worst reason no valid justification.
Threaten them of shifting to other isps.

I have experienced that earlier too with Hathway. They also advertise 50Mbps plans, but in reality they do not have enough International bandwidth provisioned for that much speed. Hence you get a lot less than what is possible as per your plan. There is generally no issue with the speed if the site is located within India or if they have peering with some website.

Here I am getting around 200-250 KBps speed if the website is located outside India. I guess that is the limit that is possible with their current infrastructure.

I have been using this for the past 3 months. Infact my cable operator moved to joister. Not happy though as there are frequent disconnection

Previously was on 5net I guess and it was awesome

@TigerKing
I would not suggest Joister to you. They do traffic shaping for a lot of websites, hence you would not get good speed for many international website. See my posts above. I do not get good speed for sites like Netflix, Amazon prime video, One drive etc.

@TigerKing
I would not suggest Joister to you. They do traffic shaping for a lot of websites, hence you would not get good speed for many international website. See my posts above. I do not get good speed for sites like Netflix, Amazon prime video, One drive etc.
Then which internet should I use?? In Mumbai..
Unlimited plan below 1000 rs??

When I used to stay in Bandra we only had option of local cable internet which was initially exattnet on web portal login, then some rebranded tata on pppoe and then joister pppoe. All these 3 from my cable operator and at dirt cheap rate.

He also took franchisee of sify but sify was way too shit and sucked.most of the times. Due to consistent complaint he gave off sify just in 2yrs and continued with joister.

Now in Malad we used pathetic tikona for 3yrs which was nothing less than rona dhona. But being no other provider around have to live with it.
And then local cable operator started his own internet which is again rebranding from tata & got peace of mind though at times the net is down but 80% better than tikona. Now since 2yr hathway also started providing services in my area but its plans are costly and m based in Pune now so brother isnt interested to shift to hathway. Thats his decision as he uses net at Mumbai house.

In short tata and Hathway have served me well though its obvious technical glitches will always be there.

To highlight, the local cable wallah net is always best in terms of update as you dont have to call those pathetic CCs and await their 48hr response time. Just dial him and he will update you. And also if your net is down it means all users of the area are facing downtime. So no feeling of regression or frustrations as you aint alone.

Best bet is to contact your cable wallah and see if he provides internet.

Last edited:
When i was used to stay in Bandra i used local cable internet which was initially exattnet on web portal login, then some rebranded tata on pppoe and then joister pppoe. All these 3 from my cable operator and at dirt cheap rate.

Now in Malad we used pathetic tikona for 3yrs which was nothing less than rona dhona. But being no other provider around have to live with it.
And then local cable operator started his own internet which is again rebranding from tata & got peace of mind though at times the net is down but 80% better than tikona. Now since 2yr hathway also started providing services in my area but its plans are costly and m based in Pune now so brother isnt interested to shift to hathway. Thats his decision as he uses net at Mumbai house.

In short tata and Hathway have served me well though its obvious technical glitches will always be there.

To highlight, the local cable wallah net is always best in terms of update as you dont have to call those pathetic CCs and await their 48hr response time. Just dial him and he will update you. And also if your net is down it means all users of the area are facing downtime. So no feeling of regression or frustrations as you aint alone.

Best bet is to contact your cable wallah and see if he provides internet.
How do I find local cable wala?
Many of my friends told me to go with local cable wala.
It's hard to find one in high profile area.

Back