CPU/Mobo Just built my first PC but it doesn't boot. The red CPU light and orange DRAM light on the motherboard are flashing alternatively :( What do I do?

Maybe there was nothing missing from the starting itself. Many times motherboard manufacturers use same layout for several motherboard with some minor stuffs here and there. It's really difficult to say that something is missing without actually referring another motherboard (same model).
I actually think I did accidentally strip that piece away while handling it. I felt something tug my finger when I was inspecting it at the store and the store owner pulled it and it might have come off.

But glad that everything is working fine. The computer assembly was an ordeal in itself.
It took nearly a month after I had all the parts in for me to get to play. But in retrospect, it is all for the good, because in the meantime I was looking into whether or not I should get a UPS and I decided to get one that has 960w capacity (Microtek Legend 1600 Line-Interactive UPS) and thank goodness I did! Because when I went to collect my motherboard there was one other person waiting to collect their MSI motherboard which got fried during an electrical surge. Their UPS was being repaired and it damaged their mobo (and maybe other parts too, who knows). So maybe it's all for the good that I had to wait this long to get it all fully setup. (I'm trying to make the most out of my ordeal lol :p)

Last edited:
I actually think I did accidentally strip that piece away while handling it. I felt something tug my finger when I was inspecting it at the store and the store owner pulled it and it might have come off.

It took nearly a month after I had all the parts in for me to get to play. But in retrospect, it is all for the good, because in the meantime I was looking into whether or not I should get a UPS and I decided to get one that has 960w capacity (Microtek Legend 1600 Line-Interactive UPS) and thank goodness I did! Because when I went to collect my motherboard there was one other person waiting to collect their MSI motherboard which got fried during an electrical surge. Their UPS was being repaired and it damaged their mobo (and maybe other parts too, who knows). So maybe it's all for the good that I had to wait this long to get it all fully setup. (I'm trying to make the most out of my ordeal lol :p)
+1 to UPS especially for areas prone to power cut and surge.

I have had 2 HDDs fail on me due to sudden power surge inspite of using a APC 1KVA ups.

While the UPS at Kolkata got ruined due to non usage. Power quality is really great (no surges etc) and power cuts are also rare in Kolkata. So the UPS was almost never used. And battery died due to non usage.

But in NOIDA the power quality is so poor quality that an UPS & surge protector is a must. And we all know about the severe power cuts in UP. Here i think the UPS battery will die in 3 years due to over usage. :)

But like they "all well which ends well."

Congratulations once again brother on finally get your PC working all well. :)

Back