JVC Marshmallow - The budget IEM for Rs.550 shipped !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

received the product in less than 24 hrs. Very happy with the service from pristine note but disappointed with the IEM. After reading the user opinionsabout here in TE i was expecting a IEM with a decent amount of Bass but there is absolutely no bass from this. To double check i tried the IEM in my android phone and on friends's Iphone and ipod but there is no bass at all and the volume is low. Infact i compared it with my friends Pansonic budget Iem and they were souding bassy compared to jvc.

Not sure if i got a defective piece or it's designed that way.

^ That doesn't sound right . JVC Marshmallow is one of the more bassy IEMs under 1k . Ofcourse it does not have lots & lots of bass like EP630 or PL-11 , but it surely does have enough to feel it .

Are you getting a proper seal & fit with the IEMs ?

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Yes the seal and fit seems to be fine. Initially i though it's a perception issue so got it checked from a couple of friends and each one of them complains about the bass.

heyy , i have never purchased form ebay , but ur listing on ebay is for RS.640 shipped and here u are saying 565 .

Y the difference ?

And do u offer COD ?? (dun mind paying a bit extra )

hi,

Just an update to my earlier feedback where i said these IEM lacks bass. I have tried the extra foams that were included in the box and now the marshmallow is sounding lot better than before. The bass is much better than before and it's sounding better than my Ep 630 now. :)

@ pristine note

Apologies for not checking the product thoroughly before posting the feedback on the product. Once you thanks for the wonderful shopping experiance.:)

rahulsarna said:
heyy , i have never purchased form ebay , but ur listing on ebay is for RS.640 shipped and here u are saying 565 .

Y the difference ?

i am intrested in there ones , PM me abt the details

rahulsarna said:

Y the difference ?

i am intrested in there ones , PM me abt the details

Dear Rahul,

Ebay charges us a seller fees and listing fees on every product sold via Ebay . Hence the slightly higher price on Ebay . You can always order using some Ebay coupon or you can directly order from us for best price. Please check PM :).

so if i want to buy one of the jvc's. by depositing cheque in your ICICI acc. how to proceed further to notify i made the purchase and when should it be delivered ?

Got the IEMs yesterday.

Firstly, great packing. The IEMs were snugly sitting inside the bubble wrap and (loads of) tape. There was an extra pair of buds inside but I have not tried them yet. Also present was the bill. The box overall is quite simple.

Coming to the IEMs, I have tested them out with my HD7 (which came bundled with the most pathetic excuse for earphones, worse than the stock ones with apple). Initially I was a bit worried that they might not be able to drive them but the phone surprised me there. From the highest level of 30, I had to bring them down to around 18-20 for comfortable noise-isolated hearing. The noise isolation is scary sometimes. I could not hear my dad standing 2 feet behind me. He was not happy. :p On a serious note, I would not recommend motorists wearing this and driving. Even at around 50% volume, it drowns out everything.

Looking at the sound quality, they are really really good. After reading some comments here about them being not having enough bass, I can say confidently that those claims are unfounded. Though I do feel that something is lacking in certain tracks, but at this price point, I have no right to complain. Again, I must add that my choice in music borders on weird. My playlists generally have a bit of everything - Audioslave, lady antebellum, Breaking Benjamin, Metallica, Bollywood remixes, RnB, Jagjit Singh, trance tracks, Avril Lavigne, Vengaboys :)P).. you get the drift (Now you can say that I don't have any taste in music but I prefer saying that I am open-minded :D)

The advantage of the above is that I could really test these IEMs with different types of music. I was happy with their performance in all except the tracks with high amounts of treble and bass. Bollywood remixes and the type. Again,this is my observation. And I've only heard them for a day. Would have to spend much more time with them to get a fair idea.

One good thing about these IEMs is that if one of the pair is hanging loose, its weight does not dislodge the other. I used to really hate this earlier because if I removed one and left it dangling, the other used to fall off. Also, these are the first pair of IEMs/earphones that fit comfortably in my ear.

There were 2 issues which I noticed immediately. Firstly, there would be a buzzing sound when I brought the phone closer to the IEMs which is quite similar to the sound one hears from speakers that are not magnetically shielded. Is that the case here? Secondly, the cord is just about enough. With the phone in the pocket, the cord is a few inches from being totally taut. I'm 5' 8"; for taller people, I'm sure it is going to be a problem.

Overally, I would happily give them 9/10 and 10/10 to Pristine Note. Thanks a lot! :)

PS: Couldn't give you rating. Something wrong with the rating system.

I received the IEMs today, and it was packed really well :) also the ear phones are really good... Listening to Megadeth's new album now, and it sounds really good... I must say PristineNote was really patient and helped me choose this over the PL-11. I can say he's really passionate about audio products :)

@PristineNote
Unable to give a feedback, I'm getting a message "The following errors occurred with your submission" Not able to find out what's the error about.

Regards,
Nj

Recieved the earphones today and hats off to pristine note for delivery in around 24 hours from making the payment :) :)

The packing was very good and i love the colour (blue) :)

First impression of these cool earphones is amazingg coz i always used the stock samsung earphones which came with my phone :)

Havent used them much nd il get back here after using them a bit

Finally , thanks to pristine note to help me choose these over PL-11 (i ws confused a bit :p ) and the shipping was too fast , ws expecting them after 2-3 days :p

Recomended seller :)

Gautam can I have one pair in black? Friend needs one. Let me know if you have them in stock. Can transfer the amount to your ICICI account ASAP! TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back