PC Peripherals Keyboard keys gone bad, works randomly or double type issue

An update.
I managed to email hyperx support and get a case generated for my keyboard for replacement.
Apparently they provide international warranty :eek:.
This keyboard is 23 months old just short of 1 month of warranty expiration date.

Yesterday I took the case ID and amazon.com invoice to the service center (RP tech) in my city.
The guy checked with his superior about the international warranty, and agreed that they'll honor the warranty.

Now before submitting the keyboard for replacement, they do a formal check of the device. When he plugged in and tested, ALL THE DEAD KEYS STARTED WORKING o_O

Now I'm not sure whether it was IPA taking effect after 3 days of application or my stupidity since I checked the keyboard on 2 laptops connected through a KVM switch.
Not sure about the latter as when I came back home and plugged in the keyboard through same switch, it stared working.

I really wish it was dead as as I could've gotten a brand new keyboard from HP.

I still have a month, in case it shows issues again, I'll go back to service center and get it replaced.

Last edited:
thai-dancing-ghost-dancing-ghost.gif

Or too much water in your alcohol. Took time to dry out. It's better to take your IPA neat.

Back