Car & Bike KTM Duke 390 Launched !

Duke 390 is best thing happenned to Indian2Wheelers in the decade so far.

Not quite true. But yes it is one of the better bikes priced sanely out there. Hoping that the first batch clear outs small niggles.
Would take dive next year.
For now my classic 500 is serving well enough.

I do agree a bit of that. You look at the last decade, there are a few things which instantly stand up to the interest about how Indian biking has shaped itself into a different world altogether.

Looking at the enthusiast aspect, when we see the R15 launch again, it gives me goosebumps all the time. This was something that changed how we look at bikes in just a jiffy. The pulsar mania arrived and kudos to Bajaj for making bikes which were bang to the money and had happy smiles to their respective owners. Honda came into its own and gave a good proposition with the Cbr series as well which made it as a success before KTM showed up with their offerings and really made a dent in the 1 lakh plus segment.

Even Sportbike offerings suddenly seemed vfm as Harley , Ninja and co started pricing their products competively. The market has evolved and to be honest i think that we are the best market to be tapped in the world as to 2 wheelers are concerned.

have deliveries started anywhere? i know of guys who're getting frustrated with the wait, especially now that the bike's had it's official launch..

Deliveries will be starting from the first week of August as per the KTM showroom manager Pune... They are sorting out little niggles, hopefully the coming lot will be niggle free ... Else upgrades will be done under warranty of course, like the initial lot of Pulsar 220 Fi :p ...

that's why i always prefer to wait till the initial batches run out..

slightly off topic.. if anyone here is getting one, let us know about the FE. I will be phasing out my P200 of 7 years and i've lined up the CBR250R and the Duke390 as the alternative

According to the info (could be wrong) I got we'll be getting 3rd lot... First two lots have been exported already...
If D390 had not been launched, I would hv gone for 2nd hand Ninja 250R ... CBR250 isn't much upgrade over P200/220 & go through its ownership threads across forums... Expected Honda quality is not there...

According to the info (could be wrong) I got we'll be getting 3rd lot... First two lots have been exported already...
If D390 had not been launched, I would hv gone for 2nd hand Ninja 250R ... CBR250 isn't much upgrade over P200/220 & go through its ownership threads across forums... Expected Honda quality is not there...

IMO you made the right choice Abhi. The parts of the N250 are very costly and eventhough it has more niche on the Indian roads, the raw power of the d390 is just addictive.

Congrats on your beast!
I shall vanish from this thread - i want this bike so bad - my better half is terrified of bikes though. A disappointed better half leads to a lot of problems which I am sure many "happily married" guys can confirm.

So did I. June 25th.

Which City ??
Congrats on your beast!
I shall vanish from this thread - i want this bike so bad - my better half is terrified of bikes though. A disappointed better half leads to a lot of problems which I am sure many "happily married" guys can confirm.

Its one of the safest bike on the road today thanks to the ABS n those Sticky Metzeler Sportec M5 tyres ... They costs whooping 25k a set :eek: Although there is rumour that Bajaj is going to price set for 11k for D390 owners. Even though they are ordering it in bulk I don't see how they can reach 11k figure considering front & rear tyre cost about 130$ each abroad plus there are customs :confused:

Back