Budget 51-70k Laptop AMD

Hi, Is this is a good model ?

Will it support Windows 11 ? Is the hardware outdated ? Will it get driver support for 3-4 years ? Thanks.

Short spec summary of the above link

HP Pavilion Gaming Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 4600H - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650) 15-ec1021AX Gaming Laptop (15.6 inch, Shadow Black, 2.04 kg)​

• What's your Budget?
60K , but I can up to 65K max
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
Blender, Inkscape, GIMP, Android Studio, VS Code, KdenLive
  • What size and weight considerations do you have?
NA
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
HP only, I tried Dell, all of them are overpriced models and they want to sell McAfee at our cost.

But if you feel like there is a model that is good enough than what I have posted above, feel free to add.
  • Any other considerations?
Full HD 15.6 inch ( good quality screen ), i5 equivalent
I would like to use this laptop for 3-4 years. Across various Linux and Windows. So kindly check whether the hardware is too old and will be skipped.

Last edited:
The 4600h is your best bet in this price range for now, since the 5600h laptops are all above 70k.
Yes, this model supports Windows 11 and will receive driver support for the next few years.
This one comes with an SSD instead. Going with an HDD at this price range is not recommended at all.

Even if hardware is low end in a few years, you can transition to Linux and it gives a new lease of life. It should hold good for eSports and AFAIK, the Ryzen 5 4600H is a great laptop CPU and should last a while. Like I mentioned, the 1650 will last long enough for eSports (Valo, League of Legends, CSGO, DOTA 2 etc.) and maybe some AAA games in low-medium graphics. As for the softwares you've mentioned, it should hold well, AFAIK. Maybe others might have a better idea, excuse my lack of knowledge.

Good luck with your purchase, OP! :)

Hey although this is a good laptop for the price, I wouldn't recommend it unless you can buy a ssd and use it as boot drive. This only has a HDD, so although the specs are veey good, it won't feel fast to use since the hdd would be a huge bottleneck. Better buy a model with at least a 256gb ssd and 1tb hdd, or of you're comfortable adding an ssd on your own then go ahead.
And yea I don't see why it wouldn't be win11 compatible, so don't worry about that.

go for acer for good config at a decent price screen quality etc would be ok if it has lower nits ,and my recommendation is atleast have 16 gbs of ram and removable rams .on lenovo site you can build/config your own in optional take ips screen 100% srgb update battery for rs 500 and additional 8 gb ram which will take it to 16 gb in toatal , it takes around 30 to 60 days but laptops are great. one of my frnds actually got one

lenovo with DOS , you can purchase cheaper win 10 keys and you would have a very good laptop

https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-e-series/ThinkPad-E14-Gen-3-14”-AMD/p/20YDCTO1WWENIN0/customize?

Last edited:
Hi, with the OP model they are providing upgrade slots for 8 GB RAM and 1 GB SSD. So there is a good possibility that I am aiming for both. I want to keep my budget within 60K if possible. I too think that 16 GB is something we should invest in. I use Linux so I have no use for Windows. Even if I am going to use Windows, I will use a legal, watermark version if possible.

I have talked to Lenovo before. They are very nice at dealing with people. How is their on-site and after-sales support ? Will it be good enough ? Is their hardware good ? Thanks.

the price of 1 tb ssd seems to be on higher side 14k is alot untill and unless its top tier samsung drive .rams i recommend upgrading from them since they would match timing and frequency to bring the cost down you could go with normal screen but the experience wont be good ,if a lower processor suits you you could go for it .

I forced my friend to get 5700 and additional 8gb ram .

Had done lot of research and i think only one or two models in the whole indian market provides such flexibility on AMD procs.

as rest of the market is plagued with soldered ram no expansion and bad screens on AMD laptops and the remaining is asus zenbook 90k + which is stupid

if other lenovo users could chip in w.r.t service and spares that would be great

if you consider the above laptop , only concern would be the realtek wifi card , i have heard realtek and linux are bit iffy w.r.t drivers , but i`ll still go for it as the customizations are dope and one could easily replace wifi cards of laptop to intel

Last edited:
There are many i5 11 the Gen models with 4 cores and 2.5 GHz. Do you think that is a better deal than what we have in the original post ?

What is HP Optane memory ? There is a laptop that features 32 GB Optane memory.

Is 3 MB cache bad ?

You can also consider Victus by HP. This one launched on Amazon prime day recently and it fits right in your budget and even has a Ryzen 5600H in it.
bad w.r.t to pricing , ram is 8 gb ,screen is meh ,user doesnt require a GPU ,user wants to go for linux so no point of paying for windows license .Currently there are two good options in india for decently priced and decently specd AMD laptops ,Acer and lenovo . acer still has bad 250nits 45% NTSc display and no option to upgrade .on the other hand lenovo with E14 absolutely allows you to customize/future upgrades etc

You can also consider Victus by HP. This one launched on Amazon prime day recently and it fits right in your budget and even has a Ryzen 5600H in it.

Tell me more about it please. Any weak points ?

Looks like there is no option but pay for Windows if you want a good model. How is the processor ?
user doesnt require a GPU

I like to do a bit of graphics. The OP model has the same GPU. Thanks.

What did you find about the display ? What are the weak points ?

I think with this model we are stuck with 512 SSD. They are not mentioning anything about upgrading it to 1 TB or adding an HDD.

But with respect to the OP model, 3.3 GHz 5600H, up to 32 GB RAM, a bigger screen, the same GPU. But yes, no getting away from a W10 license.

I tried talking to Lenovo. There was no model matching this specs in ~ 60 K price range.

Last edited:
screen wobbles a bit

Screen as in hardware or a display ? If there is nothing wrong then it looks like a good offer.

I will be doing some graphics, movies etc. It is mainly looking into the display from morning to night. So let us hope that it is only a hardware glitch that will happen and nothing that cannot be managed.

Thanks.

Screen as in hardware or a display ? If there is nothing wrong then it looks like a good offer.

I will be doing some graphics, movies etc. It is mainly looking into the display from morning to night. So let us hope that it is only a hardware glitch that will happen and nothing that cannot be managed.

Thanks.
This is what i am talking about, its just hardware housing that wobbles nothing wrong with the physical screen inside.

^^hehe one can easily change with intel , lenovo e12 is best amd customizable laptop out there w.r.t to customization option and balance of config ,it too has realtek wifi card ,but than drop an email to lenovo team showing an interest in laptop and additional request that yo want intel ax 210 wifi card instead of realtek and they might just help yo out stating linux and realtek dont go well ;)

Back